Flip Side - Did you ask for a club/other discount at your last fitting?

Asked for a deal or something for free/swag

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Sort of. I'll explain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but it was offered.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I got a discount on the fitting itself

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Feel free not to. There's this weird thing in Arkansas where outside of gas and groceries people seem to think that all prices are negotiable.
When I worked at my previous course, I used to laugh at the snowbirds who came in to golf and tried to negotiate their green fees. "<sigh>...is that the best you can do???". This ain't a car dealership, biatch - either pay the man or go play somewhere else.

My last fitting was $100 but they credit it towards the cost of any clubs purchased, so it was essentially free. They also gave me a little poker chip ball marker for free.

Was I supposed to tip? It honestly never even occurred to me, though maybe it should have.

No and I really don't like asking for free stuff.

^ Same. It wouldn't even occur to me to ask for free stuff. In fact, if they offered me free swag and it wasn't something I had a need/use for, I'd probably decline it.

I don't like to collect junk just because it's free - and if it's something I don't need or am not going to use, it's basically junk. The first thing I do when we get swag bags at things like charity scrambles is go through the bag and toss/give away all the stuff I don't want/need, so I don't bring a whole bag of junk home to sit around in the garage until I get around to cleaning it out at some undefined point in the future.
Exactly where I’m at as well. And I would be tremendously grateful for anything at all provided

Back