First Tee Time of the Morning

GregZee

Drive it like u stole it!
Reaction score
Handicap
SOTD
Does anyone else out there love to get the first tee time of the morning? Last weekend I got the last tee time available at one of my favorite local courses. It happened to be the first tee time of the day at 6:15am. Ive never played that early, but it was awesome.
Playing in the morning again at 615 tomorrow. Cant wait!

I typically will play the early tee times as well. Especially in the heat of the summer. The ground still being wet is a pain at times but worth it. Usually can get through the round without pushing anyone or being pushed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I get the earliest tee time I can get down here, usually around 7am. Being the first or first-ish group out is great, as you dont run in to the slower/casual players and get get a round of 18 completed inside of 3ish hours.

I love playing the early tee times. Really the only thing I'm willing to wake up that early for (I hate mornings). I always like not having someone in front of me, and it just feels nice being out on the course that early. It's refreshing imho.

I used to always tee it up on weekends between 7 - 730am. That was the best. You're done before 11am and have the whole day ahead of you. Not happening anymore with two little ones.

Lots of times I will show up before dawn at my course and ask to go out before the first group as a single, I love it. 2 hours and and I'm back home before the family is up.

I either want to be the first on the course or the last. If I can tee off when the course is empty, I am a happy camper.

I like to get out around 7:15 in the summer. I can easily get in 72 holes be the time leagues start then. Then go home for dinner, then sometimes I go back for another 18 after leagues. That's serious golf right there.

I'm going out tomorrow morning at 5:42 AM. I'm such a dumba**. Sunrise is 5:45! I'm goin to bed

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

We have a group of four guys who are retired and go off early at our course. We call them the dew sweepers and they will often waiting for the course Superintendent to arrive. Winter weather does not slow them down either. I have seen those guys waiting for the frost to thaw on the greens so they can be first out. Many times they are coming up to hole #9 as most of the rest of us are just arriving.

I love getting an early time around 7 or 8:30 depending on how far I have to travel to the course. anything after 11:00 or timed so people can eat dinner after the round at the course makes me feel that my whole day is tied up in 18 holes if it was 36 holes different story.

I love getting out early. Seems like the kind of people who think golf should take 5 or 6 hours tend to get up and get started later in the day. Anyway, up early and everyone is out, birds are busy and singing, wildlife is moving about. The grass is freshly mowed and you get the crisp cooler air with the smells of mowers, grass and trees. I find it very invigorating.
I start work at 6:30 every morning so getting up early is what I do anyway, might as well be golfing.

6 is a bit early for me but I have learned to appreciate early morning golf.

Dew sweepers!!!

I actually prefer to be the SECOND group out....you can see the dew trails on the green left behind by the first group, and it might help you make a putt. I've sunk more than my fair share of long birdie putts this way.

645-715 is perfect for me.. unfortunately non of my friends enjoy. That way to me, Still have the rest of the day to do other stuff

Thainer posted this a while back, but since it deals with early tee times, I thought it would go here.

Caution: a "little bit" of language.

[video=youtube;0-33QC7xI-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-33QC7xI-g[/video]

Good call smalls.. This still makes me laugh

And to who posted earlier about being the second so you can see the ball trail. That is awesome!

Smalls that is hilarious! LMAO :laughing::rofl:

That is funny stuff Smalls.

I like to go off mid afternoon. That gives me time to sleep all morning, roll around in bed for a while, watch a few loops of SportsCenter, eat a big brunch, and shower/get ready. That makes for an unbelievably relaxing day.

I love having a wide open course in front of me, you can get 18 in quick as long as the grounds crew stays out of your way!

It's fun to have a tee time that early where no one is in front of you can go at whatever pace you want and the brisk morning air is so great! I do it all the time!

It's fun to have a tee time that early where no one is in front of you can go at whatever pace you want and the brisk morning air is so great! I do it all the time!
Well, to a point! You don't want people waiting on you!

I love having a wide open course in front of me, you can get 18 in quick as long as the grounds crew stays out of your way!

This! I played early this morning and none of the tee markers were in the ground, the bunkers weren't raked, and on one hole the sprinklers came on when we were in the fairway. Jeebus.

Back