First Car, Best Car, Worst Car

Sorry bonk didn't notice you posted this.....this car was my previous obsession before the game of golf.....:banghead:.....turns out golf is just as expensive.......mods include, C6 ZO6 rims, lowered, heads, cam, full exhaust, ls6 intake, torque converter, re-geared, and all the basics subframe connectors, ported and polished throttle body, lid etc etc etc....thanks again for the compliment.~chris

I still mod my car and I play golf. Probably two of the most expensive hobbies ever.

First car: 1988 Mercedes 300TE
Best car: 2008 BMW M3
Worst car: 2004 Mini Cooper S (only bc it was cursed)

1st Car: Isuzu Rodeo POS that I wrecked when I was 18.
Best Car: '98 Mercedes Benz SLK230 (still has 47k miles on it)
Worst Car: Whatever my next car will be because it will probably be a minivan since I have 2 kids.

Worst Car: Whatever my next car will be because it will probably be a minivan since I have 2 kids.
LMAO Spank, that's one trap I've refused to fall into. My wife wanted one so bad last time but I wouldn't even go look at them. She got a Durango instead, it's still too much like a minivan to me.:D

LMAO Spank, that's one trap I've refused to fall into. My wife wanted one so bad last time but I wouldn't even go look at them. She got a Durango instead, it's still too much like a minivan to me.:D

I've told myself countless times that I would never... I mean ever... drive the mini bus, but I've been driving my mom's Sienna for the last 2 weeks and man 2 kids + Sam's club runs + golf stuff with no issues on space, it started to grow on me. If I do buy it, I might just have to buy a Harley just to restore balance in the universe.

First Car: 1976 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
Best Car: 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat
Worst Car: :confused2:

My first car: Mustang 66, 6 cylinder. Bought for $300, with a burn valves, in my senior year in high school. Fix it my self, it got me through college. Gave it to my dad after I got my first job, he still has it.

My Best car: 1984 Nissan King cab, bought it new. Never gave me any problems. I put 250,000 miles in 15 years, finally the transmission would not go into reverse. I went and got another Nissan truck, I have been driving it for 5 years, no problems.

Worst car: 1990 Dodge minivan, I had to rebuilt the transmission three times. Two of the transmissions were rebuilt under warranty

First: 1979 Oldmobile Delta 88
Best: 2005 Subaru Outback
Worst: The Delta 88 for pure problems, but a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder for the way Nissan covered up a design flaw until after the warranty expired and refused to do anything about it (including significant repair costs to one side of the engine and not informing me that the same thing would happen to the other side, and not doing anything to repair it in advance even though they could have. I will never buy or recommend another Nissan product and I will tell the story to as many people as want to hear it.)

First Car: '97 Toyota Camry

Best Car: BMW 335d -- 425 lb ft. of torque! Literally pushes you back into the seat. Only comes in automatic unfortunately, but let's just say I drop it into DS more than I should. :D
470416.1.jpg

Previous Car: 2004 Subaru WRX. Great handling, lots of fun to drive, and a spectacular snow car.

Worst Car: Out of a pretty good bunch, I guess it's the Camry. Good car overall, but I got it used and it took a year to get rid of the smoke smell (I had a cold the day I test-drove, doh). And it had the requisite Camry ding -- the pushed in back bumper corner, that every Camry from that line has. Mine came from my sister's inability to parallel park. To be fair, she couldn't have been going more than 3mph.

(image thanks to google, I don't have pics at hand)

I've told myself countless times that I would never... I mean ever... drive the mini bus, but I've been driving my mom's Sienna for the last 2 weeks and man 2 kids + Sam's club runs + golf stuff with no issues on space, it started to grow on me. If I do buy it, I might just have to buy a Harley just to restore balance in the universe.

It happens to the best of us Spank.....my wife drives a mini van and while I hate to like it- the thing is so versatile and has room for everything.

First: 1967 Mustang Pony

Favorite: 2000 Chevy extended cab 3 door. (Would have liked the 4 door, but still have the truck and runs great)

Current: 2003 Toyota 4 Runner. (I drive it the most, better mileage than the pickup)

Can't remember what the worst was. A sporty looking Chrysler that cost me a fortune years ago.

Thanks!! However, my golf clubs don't really fit in the boot of my car, LOL, have to put them in sideways and be careful when I take them in and out of the boot.

I have the same problem with mine. I can fit my clubs and pushcart and that's it. Why is it that I have a standard shift when I have no interest in cars?

That would be a good thing since I paid $3.37/gallon for premium gas this morning.

Ouch! I'm glad my truck drinks the standard grade at $2.52 at the moment.

That would be a good thing since I paid $3.37/gallon for premium gas this morning.

Wow, gas is really expensive in CT. And here I thought that Oregon prices were high. I paid $2.95/gallon for premium last night.

I know how you feel Diane, I can only put Premium gas in my car as well, but luckily it went down a little bit and is only at $3.15/gallon now.

I have the same problem with mine. I can fit my clubs and pushcart and that's it. Why is it that I have a standard shift when I have no interest in cars?

Me too, if I didn't have to have a car to get to work and get around in our society today I wouldn't own one. Curse the day the federal government sold its soul to the devil and went into partnership with the auto companies, tire companies, oil companies all to foist this car culture upon us. It is a pestilence and a blight and it is safe to say I am not a NASCAR fan I guess.

First Car: Morris Minor 1000 - great first car really simple to drive

Best Car: Honda Prelude 2.2 - loved this - my brother has it now though

Worst Car: Austin Metro 1.0 - got me from a to b and that was about all it was good at!

Wow, gas is really expensive in CT. And here I thought that Oregon prices were high. I paid $2.95/gallon for premium last night.

I know how you feel Diane, I can only put Premium gas in my car as well, but luckily it went down a little bit and is only at $3.15/gallon now.

I think we have the highest gas tax in the country. As much as I like my BMW - my next car is going to be a more cost effective one. Between gas and repairs - it gets expensive to own.

I think we have the highest gas tax in the country. As much as I like my BMW - my next car is going to be a more cost effective one. Between gas and repairs - it gets expensive to own.

Looks like California has the highest gas tax in country.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/245.html

At least you can pump your own gas Diane. Oregonians are too dumb to pump their own, so it's against the law to do so.

Your BMW out of warranty? You get full maintenance for free for so many miles/months. I can't remember right now...

Back