Ferrules Are Dumb

I did not like them before, but they have grown on me lately

I can’t see myself ever paying for different color ferrules. I just can’t. I’d feel better about buying Evian water. *spell it backwards*

why can't they just taper the iron heads and sell them in .370 and make all shafts the same? seems like it would be a cost savings.....
Because that’s gross.

I can’t see myself ever paying for different color ferrules. I just can’t. I’d feel better about buying Evian water. *spell it backwards*
If it looks good, or tastes good, who cares? :)

If it looks good, or tastes good, who cares? :)
It’s kinda like paint on the wall. Unless it’s odd I ignore it. 😀

How about metal removeable/reuseable ferrules?

Ferrules are awesome.

Because they have a purpose.
Interesting. Do non-OEM have anymore of a purpose than those that come with a new club? Or for that matter, do headcovers really have a purpose? I mean most clubs are quite capable of being carried and used without covers - I think we want to believe that they protect the heads - and no question they do, but why then buy non-OEM when you can get and use the OEM version for no additional cost? I say it's rugged individualism (only sort of kidding). We want to be unique. On that note so too do the users of fancy ferrules. Also the ferrule gives the club a finished look, and in some cases actually does serve a purpose. So, the finished look (that is not needed) for the 'protection' that is also not needed.

I am not trying to argue, just point out (in my opinion) that, covers serve just about the same purpose - now had you said no, I don't use non-OEM or no I don't use covers, then I can't come back with all that!:D

Interesting. Do non-OEM have anymore of a purpose than those that come with a new club? Or for that matter, do headcovers really have a purpose? I mean most clubs are quite capable of being carried and used without covers - I think we want to believe that they protect the heads - and no question they do, but why then buy non-OEM when you can get and use the OEM version for no additional cost? I say it's rugged individualism (only sort of kidding). We want to be unique. On that note so too do the users of fancy ferrules. Also the ferrule gives the club a finished look, and in some cases actually does serve a purpose. So, the finished look (that is not needed) for the 'protection' that is also not needed.

I am not trying to argue, just point out (in my opinion) that, covers serve just about the same purpose - now had you said no, I don't use non-OEM or no I don't use covers, then I can't come back with all that!:D
Only non-OEM cover I've ever used is the UST cover I received at ShaftUP or if I lose/tear one up. I say do what makes you happy, but this is a part of golf I don't understand lol

I think the engineers can do it. They managed to figure it would for drivers/fairways/hybrids and manage the weight fine. Currently there are two companies for universal adapters for drivers/fairways/hybrids. All-Fit and Uni-Fit. I have been considering installing on my shafts, but right now I haven't been compelled to switch brands much for driver/fairway/hybrids.

All-Fit ( www.allfitgolf.com) and Uni-Fit (https://www.clubconex.com/uni-fit/).

Thanks for sharing those links - pretty sure that's what Club Champion uses. Didn't know we could buy them ourselves (y)

And I'd love if the engineers could figure it out. My guess is the manufacturers still like getting a slice of the component profits and wouldn't want to offer a "head-only" version of their iron/wedge heads.

I feel dirty. Just had to order ferrules

Maybe we need to start a petition to get a club manufacturer to design in the ferrule, Taper the hosel down & problem solved?

Back