Favorite Wedge Ever?

Cleveland Copper Beryllium wedges I used to have. I loved the fun color of them.
I used to put them in soda overnight and they’d look awesome the next day.

My 60* SM7 D Grind, which has been magic for me from the bunkers, and versatile enough to do just about everything else I ask of it. It's the Leatherman of wedges. But like all good multitools, there are compromises, and you have to be a better shot-maker than me to consistently pull off tight-lie flops with it. So in typical Rod fashion, I bought an RTX Full Face to try in the LW spot. I'm afraid I'm going to lose more than I gain when I put the RTX into play, however, so the SM7 isn't going anywhere for now.

I had a Vokey 456.14 I think the model was back in the late 90s to early 00s. I played my best golf with that wedge. I am not sure what happened to I may have to look around and see if I can find it.

Always has been, always will.
68306ea29f2e552b5fbddba3ccf48ea5.jpg

Bridgestone J40

The original Trusty Rustys.

While I don’t have a ton of time with many different wedges, as a higher handicapper I do love my CBX ZipCores and the extra confidence on full(er) shots they provide.

The RTX3/4’s have the perfect shape for my eye and I love the interaction of the soles especially from the bunker sand at my home course. They are now getting replaced with three new RTX 6 wedges and I hope they perform just as well.

2F6CBB4B-AAD7-46BF-839F-B6AF3686C47A.jpeg

As much as I like my Vokeys and especially RTX Zipcores, the switch to CBX Zipcores was a game changer. I hit the ball with much more confidence, therefore I seldom come up short with a tentative pass at it. Outdoors or indoors, they are money.The guys were just razzing me the other day about repeatedly hitting the ball within the 8' gimme ring we use on the sim league to keep things moving. They tell me my putting is going to suffer from a lack of use............

Something tells me this is going to be it
70D41D09-9502-4230-A591-C40A74E2CECC.jpeg

With current grooves? J40’s. Those were fantastic wedges.

Before the groove change? Taylormade rac TP. Nothing fancy about them, I just hit them really really well.

My CBX Zipcore that I have now is AMAZING! So easy to hit out of the sand.

Another vote for 588 wedges. Just something special about them.

Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind. Enjoyed the shape and performance.

My new Jaws Raw, they have the looks, feel great and are performing really well.

Golf: Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Food: salad

Object: doorstop

Right now I'd say Snakebite. I am patiently waiting on the new release that Jose mentioned during the live podcast. Can't help but wonder what all wedges would be like with the scallop. The 56 degree I played bent to 55 was so easy to lay open and control. I hate to move on from wedges very soon but I'll be moving from the Jaws Raw into these most likely.

Mizuno mpt10

Aesthetics Nike VR raw wedges are 🔥. Playability is the PM grinds.

The Taylormade xFT was amazing. Probably, definitely, my favorite!

GNtLtvbBx9A4GHrEWqNwye.jpg

Back