Favorite Course You Have Played in 2022

Tough one between Bandon Trails and Sheep Ranch. Both incredible.

I have had a really fortunate year so far with some fantastic courses. Three in the top 20, and another 2 in the top 75, of courses you can play. Favorite is a really tough call. Pebble would be the most obvious choice but I’m going with Spyglass by the thinnest of hairs.

To date, Pasatiempo.

Couple courses in October with THP’ers might be the highlight of the year however!

I have had a really fortunate year so far with some fantastic courses. Three in the top 20, and another 2 in the top 75, of courses you can play. Favorite is a really tough call. Pebble would be the most obvious choice but I’m going with Spyglass by the thinnest of hairs.

Yaaaiissss Spyglass > Pebble. Pebble is great, but Spyglass is just so pretty those first 5 holes.

Peachtree Golf Club. So many changes in elevation. Can tell resemblances to Augusta in layout and undulations. Special piece of property. Amazing how many blind shots there are. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Got to play Founders Club at Pawleys Island while down in the Myrtle Beach area a couple of weeks ago. Not a “gem”... but, a nice, fun layout.

Easy winner for me here. Playing The Old Course was a bucket list round. Playing just before the Open with the grandstands up and being the first group out made it even better! ABF4944C-3882-4EA6-BA16-AAFBDA7FA0CD.jpeg

I have been pretty fortunate this year so have a few to select from. Has to be Garden City Golf Club - phenomenal.

As a resident suck up I would definitely say Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club.

In reality it's the same as above.

I really like my course I play every weekend.

After that, I think Seminole Legacy may be it for this year. I liked Dye's Valley at Sawgrass, but I don't think it would be a favorite, it beats you up pretty good. I didn't do a ton of traveling this year, so it's not really a big field to choose from.

What was your favorite shot or hole of the round...?
Another easy answer here. The 17th (Road) hole was my favorite. I hit the perfect tee shot which as a righty with the big miss being a slice is very scary there. My second came up just short right of the notorious road hole bunker. When I got up to the green, I notice they had the Claret Jug out on 18th tee doing pics and video so we stopped for quick pictures of that. I went up to putt around the edge of the bunker and hit it perfect up to about 4ft and made the par putt.
66C1BBBB-302E-4673-A4CB-171FDD2527CF.jpeg
3CA03816-8D9C-4F42-A720-019D1CBDDEF5.jpeg

To this point in the year it’s easily Lakes course at RTJ Grand National. Followed closely by Links course D0603780-02DF-440F-A306-4F5DC78AF8CF.jpeg6200D3A9-2C64-4E27-A5F8-9F283A11344C.jpeg617C856D-BC3D-4EEB-B16C-CAF941D99C96.jpeg

Easy winner for me here. Playing The Old Course was a bucket list round. Playing just before the Open with the grandstands up and being the first group out made it even better! View attachment 9108682
No brainer on that one, and in Open like conditions. So jealous of that one!

Howd you get on?!
Drove over at midnight from Glasgow and stood in the singles cue from 2am until 6. There were 4 open spots and I was number 4. Three other guys waited from 9:30 the night before.

Peachtree Golf Club. So many changes in elevation. Can tell resemblances to Augusta in layout and undulations. Special piece of property. Amazing how many blind shots there are. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Wow, talk about a gem of a course. That’s a heck of a bucket list course!

Another easy answer here. The 17th (Road) hole was my favorite. I hit the perfect tee shot which as a righty with the big miss being a slice is very scary there. My second came up just short right of the notorious road hole bunker. When I got up to the green, I notice they had the Claret Jug out on 18th tee doing pics and video so we stopped for quick pictures of that. I went up to putt around the edge of the bunker and hit it perfect up to about 4ft and made the par putt.
View attachment 9108689
View attachment 9108690
Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks for sharing!

So far it’s Thistle Golf Club in Sunset Beach, Nc. Just enjoyed the layout and the facilities. In 36 days I expect that to change to Dormie Club but I really liked Thistle!

Not an exciting year for me to this point. Favorite course is probably just the course I play the most being Sweetbriar on the west side of Cleveland.

Clearly: Victoria National
7D582344-4E60-4C8F-894A-8C819745F2A2.jpeg0830F5CD-5678-4845-89AA-9F1ECAEA3F91.jpeg

Old Waverly Its just so nice and the people at the club were awesome, the Experience was as good as the golf

Yaaaiissss Spyglass > Pebble. Pebble is great, but Spyglass is just so pretty those first 5 holes.

Spyglass is every bit as good as pebble looking at just the physical course. But the history.
The feeling of playing in this cathedral of sport was just a different level (to me)

Haven't played anywhere outside of my normal courses except for the Quest Cup at RTJ National. Winner by default but it probably would win this year anyway

Back