Favorite Album of the 90’s for us Old Timers

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So this conversation from the banter thread got me thinking about music. What was your favorite album from the 1990’s?

Then to take it a step further what was your favorite song from that album?

For me it had to be 2-PAC All Eyez on Me. That entire album was downright gold! Just thinking of it brings back memories right now. I may pour a bourbon and throw on some…

"Clarity" from Jimmy Eat World.

The song, "For Me This is Heaven." The chorus makes me think of my wife.

Last edited:
The Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Firestarter

My all-time favorite album.

"Clarity" from Jimmy Eat World.

The song, "For Me This is Heaven." The course makes me think of my wife.
Oh man that was another great one.

Tom Petty
Wildflowers

I may be binging on 90’s music all night long now!

Hmm favorite is tough I had so many but an album I can just listen to over and over is

Old Timers? You bite your tongue! But to answer your question,

Album: Nevermind - Nirvana
Song from that album: Breed

Minds in 2023 are still being blown by that album.
This was a more raw version of them, then they came with aquemini and it was just 🤯

Hmm favorite is tough I had so many but an album I can just listen to over and over is

I saw them on the Smoking Grooves tour in 1997. With The Roots, Cypress Hill, a bunch of others, and George Clinton finished the show coming down from the ceiling in a big UFO.

It was cool.

1551589_10152187827044697_1368118280_n.jpg

This was a more raw version of them, then they came with aquemini and it was just 🤯

Summer of 2020 I fell back in LOVE with Wu Tang and mowed lawn for 3 months straight listening to Liquid Swords.

I get it.

I saw them on the Smoking Grooves tour in 1997. With The Roots, Cypress Hill, a bunch of others, and George Clinton finished the show coming down from the ceiling in a big UFO.

It was cool.
That sounds about like the best concert ever

sound.png

I didn’t really pay any attention to rock or pop or other “popular” music in the 90s so I guess I really couldn’t say…

"Real" Radiohead fans get mad when you say this, but Pablo Honey is my favorite 90s album. "Creep" is the second greatest song of the 90s.

Nevermind is my second favorite album of the decade, with Smells like Teen Spirit the greatest song of the 90s.

Green Day’s Nim Rod album really put music on the map for me as a kid. I stumbled upon a Nim Rod CD at a Boys and Girls club when I was 9 and it blew me away. It introduced me to punk music and from there I fell in love with Blink-182, The Offspring, and so many others. Killer era of music for me.

Time of your life(Good Riddance) is hands down my favorite song from that album.

That sounds about like the best concert ever
Outkast was still touring on ATLiens. (Which might be my favorite album of theirs. Wheelz of Steel is my favorite song.)

George Clinton and Cypress Hill brought it.

But The Roots blew me away.

Back