Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Got the first 9 of the year in with wife and Cal today. Had a blast, kept him in check a bit (and he kept his mom in check lmao).

Hopefully the first of many many outings for '24.

Anyone else enjoying golf time with the family, or eagerly awaiting weather to accommodate?

Also, Cal is improving SO quickly with his power. When he puts a move on the ball, it's CRAZY what he can do as an eight year old. I'm so excited to see it continue to develop this year.

We (as a family) left the third hole (a par 3) at one under par for the hole. It's likely the first time we've legitimately been under par as a group on a hole with no cheats for him hahaha

I was weirdly excited.

My favorite summer ever was when my son was about 14. We had a family membership at my current club. My wife and son would go play 9 holes while I was at work and then we'd go play 18 after I got off. Best summer ever..........

Hoping this is the year my 6 year old makes it onto the course with me for the first time.

He has the bug, I just don't know if he has the attention span lol.

Last edited:
Took the wife and 2 girls out for Easter to play 9 and an Easter egg hunt at the course. Also got my 7 year old out for 18 earlier this year. Excited to see excitement from her when teeing off, putting, and driving the cart.

My 7 year old is taking his 1st lessons this summer. Excited to get him out on a couple of short courses this summer. I think we’re even going to get the wife out on course before the summer is over.

Played with my 23 yr old son yesterday. Things were a bit slow. Ended up joining the 2 some ahead of us, two nice guys my sons age. At least I though they were nice until one of them asked my son "Do you play a lot of golf with your grandpa?" o_O

I hope my wife has the interest to try it again.

Speaking of Family Golf, In Oct of this year TW's PopStroke is opening near me at Tomoka Town Center next to I-95 Exit 265 Daytona. I had a blast with my grandson at the one in Fort Myers.

My Granddaughter is 3 almost 4 so she’s not playing yet but this past Monday she went to the club with me for the first time.

She got to drive the cart (on my lap), she got to expend all of her 3yo energy by running up and down the fairway and chasing the golf cart.

And sorry to do this to you in your own thread @Canadan but in her very first shot ever on a golf course she made a hole in one!

View attachment copy_FE5FA240-1E29-466C-A3AE-F553DE9E229B.mov

I’ve gone out with my wife once each year the past couple of years and it’s been awesome.

I would love if my kids want to get out there with me, once they are old enough.

I bought a range pass at the place 2 minutes from my house for myself and the kids (4 and 2). My daughter and I went 4 times when we had a good spell of weather. Hoping to continue to do it again and again... And then get them out on some late evenings.

1000006555.jpg

Cannot wait to take my daughter and son out this year. My daughter was mad she couldn't go to Shaft Up with me. They won't play a ton and will enjoy the cart ride more than anything but it's so much fun to have the out there.

The days of family golf departed a few years ago. I hope one day my daughter gets bite by the bug again.

I really only golf with family. It's great. I love it.

My kids are grown, but never took a real interest in the game. I really enjoy playing with my wife though.

My daughter is 6 so still a bit young....but she says she wants to play. She has some clubs and putts with me in the house sometimes

My wife and daughter show no interest but since wanting to start playing in the summer last year my son has been my range buddy and we are now getting out on courses together.... could not be happier about that.

Got the first 9 of the year in with wife and Cal today. Had a blast, kept him in check a bit (and he kept his mom in check lmao).

Anyone else enjoying golf time with the family, or eagerly awaiting weather to accommodate?
I do, for years, kids and I would go out and play with my wife. Great time and a lot of fun. It’s a different round type than playing with THPers or by myself. I’m a lot less competitive, but they are some of my favorites.

the best thing for me is when we take a vacation someplace that has a great course and getting the kids to be able to play it and just experience really nice courses

I am playing at 1 with my son. He is almost 25 but it is always great getting out with family. It is going to be low 40s and kind of breezy at tee time but that is golf in the spring in New England.

I wish.

The
bestest half was out with me for 9 a couple of weeks ago, she had fun, does not like to get matched up with anyone though. We do go putting from time time and she does come out in the garage and hit a few balls sometimes

Every weekend with the kid. He is playing really well now almost holed out for eagle last week. Went driver, 3w and hit the hole.

Have only played 4 holes this year but it was with my 12 year old son. We have plans any more rounds this year including my younger son and wife.

Back