davidsong

Reaction score
I have the ping g430 4 hybrid that i use for 200-220 shots have the x stiff tour chrome shaft and i have it in the flat setting n i can not draw it for the life of me -which is quite amazing

if i release it really hard it just goes straighter…n i would like my irons to be like this,

how would i go about achieving this in all my clubs. First club ive ever owned that lets me feel completely protected against the lefts.

No offset or very little on leading edge, flatter lie, oversized grip (more than size larger), toe weighting.

I have the ping g430 4 hybrid that i use for 200-220 shots have the x stiff tour chrome shaft and i have it in the flat setting n i can not draw it for the life of me -which is quite amazing

if i release it really hard it just goes straighter…n i would like my irons to be like this,

how would i go about achieving this in all my clubs. First club ive ever owned that lets me feel completely protected against the lefts.
Funny you should post this. I just recently started carrying hybrids over the winter, I got G425's on sale at Carls to mix and match with my lofted fairways to meet the conditions.
The G425 Hydrids have been amazing, and even at stock settings don't go left on me unexpectedly, but I can work them either way.. Just yesterday in a league on a short, 40' uphill dogleg right par 4 with mature trees guarding the corner on top of the hill (Im not getting over them. LOL) I hit the 3H trying to fade it a bit, it went up the chute 200 yards, turned right exactly where I wanted and left me a 58 yard wedge to the pin. on Google Earth at home the ball ended up 210 yards from the tee as the crow flies. At 40' uphill. And I'm 64. Crazy good stuff for me........ Any time in the past I tried hybrids we never got past a couple swings because they hooked harder than Linda Lovelace.

Irons, as stated, need heavy toe weighting and little offse to achieve an anti left type of playability. Callaway Apex, Titleist T150's are a good example.

Last edited:
Funny you should post this. I just recently started carrying hybrids over the winter, I got G425's on sale at Carls to mix and match with my lofted fairways to meet the conditions.
The G425 Hydrids have been amazing, and even at stock settings don't go left on me unexpectedly, but I can work them either way.. Just yesterday in a league on a short, 40' uphill dogleg right par 4 with mature trees guarding the corner on top of the hill (Im not getting over them. LOL) I hit the 3H trying to fade it a bit, it went up the chute 200 yards, turned right exactly where I wanted and left me a 58 yard wedge to the pin. on Google Earth at home the ball ended up 210 yards from the tee as the crow flies. At 40' uphill. And I'm 64. Crazy good stuff for me........ Any time in the past I tried hybrids we never got past a couple swings because they hooked harder than Linda Lovelace.

Irons, as stated, need heavy toe weighting and little offse to achieve an anti left type of playability. Callaway Apex, Titleist T150's are a good example.
I need to figure this out, i had 10 yr old ping 4 hybrid before that would go both directions

The good thing about that club is i could hit it 180-220

But with the new ping for whatever reason if i ease off too much it goes right the shortest i can hit it is 200. I have to choke down about two inches and do like a half swing. The thing is it looks closed at address but i have to release it to make it go to my target otherwise it goes 10-20 yards right. Its awesome

Putting all my Ping hybrids into the flat setting has taken out all the fear of duck hooks for me. Ball goes where I want it to now for a change!

Unfortunately, there is no flat setting for my irons....

Putting all my Ping hybrids into the flat setting has taken out all the fear of duck hooks for me. Ball goes where I want it to now for a change!
Its literally amazing -the club weight feels different than all my other clubs on the back swing i dont know how to describe it ….n it release different i just have to release hard to make it go straight im either hitting it dead straight or a 3 yard fade.

Back