Experience with Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Graphite Driver Shaft

C'bad

Reaction score
Any comments on your experience with Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Graphite Shaft in driver, R2 flex with VeloCore. Anyone currently gaming it (or something close in the line)?

Especially interested in how it is with slower swing speeds.

Last edited:
Any comments on your experience with Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Graphite Shaft in driver, R-2 flex with VeloCore. Anyone currently gaming it (or something close in the line)?

Especially interested in how it is with slower swing speeds.
Would be helpful to know what you mean by slower.

Would be helpful to know what you mean by slower.
Low to mid 80's (subject to change - as Superspeed has improved it).

That's why I assume R2 would be the desired Flex.

Last edited:
I have a 5R flex in my smoke MaxD driver and 5W. It launches high for me and feels great. I swing my driver around 90-95 mph

I have a 5R flex in my smoke MaxD driver and 5W. It launches high for me and feels great. I swing my driver around 90-95 mph
What did you previously have in your MaxD

How does it feel different? Distance? Constancy?

What did you previously have in your MaxD

How does it feel different? Distance? Constancy?
I was fit for the Red Ventus at Callaway. It definitely added some launch to my driver game. I am playing my 9 degree driver at -1 and hitting the ball higher than my last driver. I am not saying it is all about the shaft, but I am sure it is part of it.

I was fit for the Red Ventus at Callaway. It definitely added some launch to my driver game. I am playing my 9 degree driver at -1 and hitting the ball higher than my last driver. I am not saying it is all about the shaft, but I am sure it is part of it.
Good info... I love that it's still launching high, even though driver is turned down -1 (I do the same thing).

I also get fit at Callaway HQ but I've been there 3 times in 6 months... don't want them getting sick of me. So, I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger.

Low to mid 80's (subject to change - as Superspeed has improved it).

That's why I assume R2 would be the desired Flex.
Thats the softest offered so probably the best.

Along with that improved launch height... did you see any change in your distance?

Along with that improved launch height... did you see any change in your distance?
My longest hits with my old driver went farther because it was a low spin model. I am getting better average distance with this new driver and Ventus Red combination. I have a UST Proforce in my Srixon LS that I used last year; I played that at 10 degrees and the launch was lower than this combo. Last year I depended more on roll than carry.

Back