Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

collegefbfan

Reaction score
Just curious if you all have found any expensive, nice, crazy, etc. things on the course while playing. What was it and did you keep it? Putter, headcover, glove, jewelry, money,... What ya got?

I have found a couple of phones, some nice headcovers, and a couple of rangefinders.

All of them have been turned into the Pro Shop or handed to a Marshal

I have found keys on a couple of par 3's years ago.

A couple of years ago I found a wallet next to a green. I don’t know how much cash was in it but there was a pretty thick wad of bills in it. I drive up to the next hole and ask if anyone is missing their wallet. I had looked at the driver’s license so I would know what the guy looked like. I saw him and hand him the wallet. He pulls out the bills and I say no thanks I‘m just glad I found you. He says “ I was just making sure it was all there before you left”. Never a thank you.

Over the years, I've found a few wallets which included cash, and credit cards. Turned those in at the front desk. One wallet had $900 cash in it. That one I got a receipt for.

Golf stuff just the usual stuff. Wedges, head covers. Found one GPS meter. All turned it.

Myself, I lost a really nice driver, big dog, head cover. It was actually a St Bernard hand puppet, that my Wife attached the sock to. I went back to the group following us. They said they didn't see it. Maybe they were telling the truth.

A couple of years ago I found a wallet next to a green. I don’t know how much cash was in it but there was a pretty thick wad of bills in it. I drive up to the next hole and ask if anyone is missing their wallet. I had looked at the driver’s license so I would know what the guy looked like. I saw him and hand him the wallet. He pulls out the bills and I say no thanks I‘m just glad I found you. He says “ I was just making sure it was all there before you left”. Never a thank you.
Perhaps he could invest the cash in a course in manners and politeness …
More power to you for being honest and without hesitation , returning his wallet .
👍🏻👏

The usual things - golf clubs and headcovers. All were either handed in to the pro shop or found the owner on course.

A range finder. Turned it into the clubhouse.

Outside of a club here or there, always turned in after either 9 or 18 or if the marshall comes around asking, I found an earring, also turned in was gold and had a stone in it - not sure what the stone was (cannot remember).

It had seen a lot of abuse but maybe it was claimed.

I (and it still really hurts) left a gold Omega watch that my parents had given me in a cart - back when they had little 'cubbies' between the seats - may have been a 3 wheeler - cannot recall - it was around 1980/81. It was taken by someone from the course - never turned in.

I have turned in many headcovers and range finders. I found a phone and some keys before and turned those in.

So many wedges!

On a golf course i think the most expensive thing was only like a wedge or something. I returned it...

I've actually found a lot better stuff out jogging actually. Found a wad of bills once with no wallet or any kind of identification near by.

I found @War Eagle once on a golf course. I turned him in.

Outside the fence of a golf course Mizuno STZ driver and 3 wood.

I found 3 Iphones within 5 days on the same range. Turned them all in right away

I turn in everything I find on the course. Not only because it's the right thing to do, but also in hopes that the karma will come around to me some time if I leave something of value out there.

Hasn't worked so far for two rangefinders, a pair of Oakleys and one of my favorite jackets, though.

Right off the tee box once I saw a plastic ziplock bag. Like a gallon sized one. I walked off the tee box to pick it up because I thought it was litter. I was saying “Who would just throw their trash on the ground? Lazy azzh..”. Picked up the bag and it was prob 3/4 full of cocaine. Like straight out of a cop TV Vice Squad show or something. No idea of its street value but it was up there I would think. We were only a couple holes from 18 so I took it to the club house when we finished and called the police. I had to make a statement and everything. I’ll tell ya this. Even the cop was shocked at the amount in the bag.

It's more like what I've lost on the golf course.

A couple of years ago I found a wallet next to a green.....He says “ I was just making sure it was all there before you left”. Never a thank you.
John Cena Omg GIF

I found keys to a Mercedes on the golf course and a pair of the Oakley golf sunglasses on different holes on the same day.

Turned them and they belonged to the same guy. 😂

Not even a thank you. 😂😂😂

A kid’s dental retainer, back when they had those things. At first it looked kind of odd laying in the grass, that sort of orange-red color like the interior of one’s mouth. Once I recognized what it was, I picked it up with a tissue and went into the clubhouse. As soon as I showed it to the woman behind the desk, she said, “Oh, that is Billy ———, he is always losing it.”

The other find was a set of car keys. When I finished the 12th hole, I walked across the street to the club’s parking lot and pushed the panic button. I figured I would unlock the car and put the keys on the driver’s seat. The alarm came from the far corner. I walked over and there was a guy sitting on his tailgate, changing his shoes. I asked him if he noticed which car was sounding the alarm. He said, “Mine!” Apparently he had to take a cab home to get the spare set of keys. My “good deed” was too late. At least he got his keys back.

I’ve found a Tag Heuer on the course once and turned it in. It was a nice one that my guess someone forgot in the cart before me

Years ago during Club competition while waiting to hit on the tee, something near my feet caught my eye. I picked up a ring covered in dirt. I forgot all about it until I was at home. I gave it a clean and put it with my wife's jewellery. Forgot about it again until a couple of weeks later and made the effort to get it valued. Turns out it was an antique man's diamond ring valued at thousands of dollars. Then I started making enquiries with the membership if somebody had lost a ring on the course. As a result a member contacted me and described the ring I had found. The ring belonged to his father's pawn shop. He had taken it off on the tee and put it in his pocket, the same pocket as his handkerchief. He also had a cold at the time.

Last edited:
Back