Jump roping is a great workout too. I would do it more but I have low walls in the back yard and dont want to look like a dumb ass in front of the neighbors. I could try it in the garage.

Jump roping is a great workout too. I would do it more but I have low walls in the back yard and dont want to look like a dumb ass in front of the neighbors. I could try it in the garage.

So I guess video taping posting it in the exercise forum is out of the question?

I could gain a bunch of weight and still not crush it. I'm big, but not obese twin brothers on little bicycles big.

I'm thinking some low impact walking to start. In my current shape, I would be a little anxious poised way up on top of a Wii platform. The top is like three inches off the ground. I don't fancy working out until exhausted on a tiny platform perched high above the floor. What if I fell? I guess the person that helps me up when I start could serve as a spotter.

Kevin

Walking is great but boring. If you don't have a regular walking buddy to keep you company, an MP3 player is a lifesaver. I listen to audiobooks.

I just rededicated myself to the gym....boy I had no idea how out of shape I was since I stopped working out in September. It's going to take a month to get my cardio and strength levels back up to normal never mind dropping the 5-7lbs my doctor wants off me

I just rededicated myself to the gym....boy I had no idea how out of shape I was since I stopped working out in September. It's going to take a month to get my cardio and strength levels back up to normal never mind dropping the 5-7lbs my doctor wants off me

Nobody realizes how bad of shape they are in, we all seem to think we are still 12 years old & can go go go all day long. I've dropped 30+ lbs & so far it's staying off.

I put back on ten pounds from Thanksgiving thru New Years. Still down 17 pounds overall but kinda disappointed. I quit buying cookies and chips and dip! And now with this Wii thing, hopefully I'll take off the ten I gained back plus another 10 in the next two or three months.

Does anybody exercise first thing in the morning? If you do, do you eat first, and if so, what? I'm not much of a morning eater, and have never been a morning exerciser, but I'm thinking about starting my day with some walking to start.

Kevin

Re: Exercise

I try to keep busy 7 days a week and mostly do something different each day. I usually rotate among bodyweight exercises (push-up, pull-up, squat, lunges, etc.), kettlebells, swimming, free weights, barbell weights, cardio (treadmill, rowing machine, bike, or stair climber), group sport (raquetball, basketball, or volleyball), and the occasional class (yoga or cardio kickboxing). I usually mix some weights with some cardio to keep it all working. I get bored of doing the same things all the time so I don't usually repeat anything within a week's time frame.

I have the most fun doing "caveman training" using misc. objects as weights or props. Everyone thinks I'm crazy when they see me do it in the park but I have a great time.

Does anybody exercise first thing in the morning? If you do, do you eat first, and if so, what? I'm not much of a morning eater, and have never been a morning exerciser, but I'm thinking about starting my day with some walking to start.

Kevin

I pretty much roll out of bed and start moving. I can't exercise right after eating, and this way I'm halfway done before I'm conscious. I drink some water before hand, though.

Kevin

If I do, I just go with a cup of yogurt or oatmeal. Depends how hard I get breathing but some things make me pukey.

Wii says to eat something a little while before you excercise, like a banana (that's actually what it suggests!).

So it's no big deal to walk before eating. I'm a ways from "working out", but I want to start eating healthier and getting some exercise. I want to walk the course at least occasionally next year, and need my legs under me. Should improve my golf game, too. I'm hoping getting in a least a little better shape will get me back a couple yards off the tea.

Oh, and I would like to live a little longer.

Kevin

Kevin

If I do a morning routine, I'll make a slim-fast or protien shake for before my workout and a normal breakfast when I'm finished and cleaned up. You need something in your system in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism.

So it's no big deal to walk before eating. I'm a ways from "working out", but I want to start eating healthier and getting some exercise. I want to walk the course at least occasionally next year, and need my legs under me. Should improve my golf game, too. I'm hoping getting in a least a little better shape will get me back a couple yards off the tea.

Oh, and I would like to live a little longer.

Kevin

No doubt Mrs. Esox and Jr. Lancer agree.

I use to exercise a lot a few years ago, gotten lazy now...

Walking 18 does count though right? That happens 1-2 times a week. Never really liked carts, and it just feels right slinging my clubs on my back after every shot.

Walking 18 does count though right? That happens 1-2 times a week. Never really liked carts, and it just feels right slinging my clubs on my back after every shot.

Sure it counts. You probably walk 3-4 miles (depending on course length) while hauling the weight of your clubs, bag, and whatever else.

I'm at the gym six days a week most weeks. I'm not back to lifting very heavy weights yet (No olympic lifting, still recovering from my surgery) so it's just seated rows-triceps presses-bicep curls one day, and leg presses-back extensions-weighted crunches the next. I'll then take a day off to let the muscles recoup.

I'll do an hour of cardio on no-lift days (usually 30 minutes elliptical/30 minutes lifecycle), and only 45 minutes of elliptical on the lift days.

Yup, I work out every day. I usually alternate between weight lifting one day and cardio the next (ice skating during the winter and inline skating during the warm months). I used to ride my bicycle a lot, but I read that it can cause impotence and Im not a fan of all that.

Kevin

I usually eat first, I have something simple like an english muffin with peanut butter or some oatmeal

the story I hear is that if you exercise before eating, that you can burn more fat, but I find that my running pace seems to be almost 30 sec/mile slower when I don't eat... I just don't have any fuel to burn...

I'll walk 1-2 miles a day during the week. Since I vanpool, sometimes I'll get off at the first stop and just walk the rest of the way to my office, its about a mile's walk. And around lunchtime my co-worker and I will walk as well :good:

I've "exercised" once this year. Life's too busy to excerise. I think that's what I'll have my wife put on my tombstone when I die, because I'm overweight and Diabetic.

My wife and I want to "exercise" more but just never make it to the gym. We did an hour on the treadmill the last time we were there. I'd like to do an hour on the treadmill and maybe some weights but I don't have anyone to lift with and I don't want her getting 24" bicepts.

I do one sit-up when I get out of bed in the morning.

Professionally, I do work that is physically demanding so no need for me to exercise. I as well follow a healthy diet.

Today will be a low impact cardio, and legs day. Myself and the dog are taking a 3 mile hike up in Red Rock Canyon. Several elevation changes in a short trip. Hiking with my buddy, and a camera is one of my most favorite hobbies. Actually all things being equal, I would probably choose hiking cross country over a round of golf. Hiking takes much more preparation, so golf will always win out. :D

Walking up & down the buffet at Golden Corral doesn't count as exercise though:D

A few years back I bought my wife & I brand new Trek hybrid bikes, figured with all the trails in the Madison area it would be great exercise. Only problem was I had forgotten I wasn't 12 anymore & riding a bike is actually quite a bit of work. They do a great job of helping hold the garage floor down. I would be surprised if either bike has more than 15 miles total on it.

I do walk the majority of my golf rds though, exceptions are playing with a bunch of friends from another website....they refuse to walk for the most part. And since my surgery I actually have the energy to walk 18 holes now.

Back