Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. I saw this on youtube and it looks pretty cool. Not sure how well it could work. I truly want a launch monitor but this could be a cool tool. What do you think?

It is interesting but when I tried to visit their site it is under construction, all you get is a coming soon message in the header and an address. I will try to remember to check it out later. Interestingly it is located in Georgia.

If this works as advertised, it would be a great tool!! No spin or launch info but just for getting actual distances it would be great. My range does not have good markers so this would be a great asset for me.

Tappin' from my iPad!

When it comes to tools like this I think they could be exceptional. This is not a launch monitor of course (although I dont think golfers really need one), but it could help someone dial in distances for each club far better than they are capable of and really open their eyes to how far they hit each club. Most amateurs golfers come up short on every type of shot compared to their perceived distances (generalization of course).

However my issue would be accuracy because when it comes to measuring distances of my irons, I want accuracy to be very much spot on. If a device is going to be 3-5 yards off, it has little use to me. Now I have no idea if this is 100% accurate or not, and it certainly could be, just very curious.

When it comes to tools like this I think they could be exceptional. This is not a launch monitor of course (although I dont think golfers really need one), but it could help someone dial in distances for each club far better than they are capable of and really open their eyes to how far they hit each club. Most amateurs golfers come up short on every type of shot compared to their perceived distances (generalization of course).

However my issue would be accuracy because when it comes to measuring distances of my irons, I want accuracy to be very much spot on. If a device is going to be 3-5 yards off, it has little use to me. Now I have no idea if this is 100% accurate or not, and it certainly could be, just very curious.

I just don't see how it could be very accurate

I just don't see how it could be very accurate

Would be great to take this and a GPS and hit a few shots to a specific target and see how close the readings are to one another.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Could be very useful to dail in distances and help suggest clubs, but like JB said accuracy is everything...bad info is worse than no info! Looks like a good candidate for some forum testing to me!

JB: they will be in booth 1084 at the PGA show in January. Check them out for us! :D

JB: they will be in booth 1084 at the PGA show in January. Check them out for us! :D

I was just about to post that! I honestly don't know how these companies let there stuff get out on YouTube without having a basic website up.....to me it makes them look less than legit.....just my opinion.

I was just about to post that! I honestly don't know how these companies let there stuff get out on YouTube without having a basic website up.....to me it makes them look less than legit.....just my opinion.

I agree, I must admit I was not impressed when I visited the site advertised on youtube in the video only to find out the site is not yet up and running.

This could be a great product, and I'm hoping that THP gets a chance to demo it out in the future.

If this device works I think it would be a great tool to have. They would just have to prove to me that they are within +-2 yards on every shot.

I agree, I must admit I was not impressed when I visited the site advertised on youtube in the video only to find out the site is not yet up and running.

I agree I am very curious about this, specifically if it worked and of course what the rice point would be. I also have similar concerns about the company in reference to the website like Tim and DD mentioned above. Now if it worked and was priced reasonably and worked with my phone, I would buy it today!

I just watched the video without sound so, how the crap does it work? What is it using to get distances? Id love to see someone come up with something that could plug into an iPhone and then give you actual launch monitor numbers. How cool would that be?

interesting concept, looking forward to seeing more info down the road

I was able to get a bit of information on this product. It is currently in the approval stage with Apple. They have written the code and are waiting for Apple to sign off. Once that has been completed, hopefully prior to Christmas, they are wanting to have a pre-launch of the product.
The unit itself will run$199.00 plus tax. The price gets you the unit and the app that will be down load to you Apple devise. If you have a blue tooth device that works well with your iPhone 3Gs, 4g or 4gs then it will work with the device. If not you may have to purchase a new blue tooth headset (AD2P Compatable). After the initial release, they are planning on releasing for droid based phones.
In terms of accuracy they have been testing this against Trackman and Flight Scope, I was told the data collected to this point is not official but it's with in 2-3 yards in accuracy. More testing is to be done but that is what I was told.
Feedback from PGA club pros has been very positive and they will be doing an official launch at PGA Merchandise in January. If you want to kept up to date send an email to [email protected] and they will keep you in the loop as far as launch dates and information pertaining to the device.

I was able to get a bit of information on this product. It is currently in the approval stage with Apple. They have written the code and are waiting for Apple to sign off. Once that has been completed, hopefully prior to Christmas, they are wanting to have a pre-launch of the product.
The unit itself will run$199.00 plus tax. The price gets you the unit and the app that will be down load to you Apple devise. If you have a blue tooth device that works well with your iPhone 3Gs, 4g or 4gs then it will work with the device. If not you may have to purchase a new blue tooth headset (AD2P Compatable). After the initial release, they are planning on releasing for droid based phones.
In terms of accuracy they have been testing this against Trackman and Flight Scope, I was told the data collected to this point is not official but it's with in 2-3 yards in accuracy. More testing is to be done but that is what I was told.
Feedback from PGA club pros has been very positive and they will be doing an official launch at PGA Merchandise in January. If you want to kept up to date send an email to [email protected] and they will keep you in the loop as far as launch dates and information pertaining to the device.
Thanks for the research. Very interesting. If anything, it is a tool that can/will spice up a range session. 2-3 yards is acceptable for me. Over 5 then it might be a problem as far as feedback.

I'm skeptical but if it is what they say it is I want one!

Thanks Tad, I wonder if it would work with an iPad as well as an iPhone, if not I will wait for the dried version.

Thanks for gathering the additional data Freddie. If they can get it to withing 2-3 yards then I would consider it to be a worthwhile investment...anything more and I don't know.

I do wonder how it's getting the data.....and yes OEM, I would love to see an attachment that I could plug into my Iphone or Ipad and get launch monitor stats...that would really rock!

Wow, this looks pretty awesome. Looking forward to a review from someone when it is released! I reckon it is just a matter of time before something like this gives the same accuracy as a trackman!

I am very interested in this for sure. For 200 bucks I think its worth the gamble to test out IMO. This could be a game changer if its actually with in 2-3 yards, nailing down distances on a range that only has 3 markers is very very hard.

Back