Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is considering Titleist SM4 wedges, let me give you some advice. Might want to get a finish besides black nickel if you are at all particular about the looks of your club. Moisture, dirt, etc is very visible. It's just cosmetic...but it's there.

That aside they are stellar wedges.

Im seriously pondering the Nike VRs Forged irons after my lesson and speaking with the pro today.

Im seriously pondering the Nike VRs Forged irons after my lesson and speaking with the pro today.
Well there is an epic ponder. Care to elaborate on what was said?

I'm pondering a 9* Cleveland Black with the regular C. Kua shaft in stiff flex. That should bring the ball flight down, while keeping the balance almost exact.

I'm pondering a 9* Cleveland Black with the regular C. Kua shaft in stiff flex. That should bring the ball flight down, while keeping the balance almost exact.

Morgan Cup driver?

Sent from Tapatalk

I want J40 DPC's. Badly, I'm in full winter time ponder mode. I'm convinced they are the only irons that would convince me to leave my 2.0's.

I'm even considering selling off putters to make it happen, its that serious of a ponder. They are GORGEOUS and deadly.

Jman, selling putters???

yeah man; i am pumped. I went with my typical dg's, instead of the flighted.... but I figured you would forgive me for that.

next up is wedges, but I am waiting till the outing to make a decision on those.

Of course I forgive you...does not mean I am not disappointed....hahahaha

Really man, I am stoked you got them. I think its a great idea to wait for the demo day to choose your wedges.

So after hitting several sets of irons on the monitors, on grass and on the mats, I decided to go with...

Spoiler

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I went with the bridgestone j40 dual pocket cavities, 4-pw, with DG x-100s; 1 degree strong, 1 degree upright, an extra quarter inch in length and grips with name underneath.

I loved how these things performed and the feeling was great. Actually, all the iron sets I hit were great and performed well (TM R11 and some mizzies were among those hit). These weren't the longest, but I believe (according to my math) that it was entirely due to the loft, hence the additional degree in loft strength. Because all the irons I hit were great, these won me over because I loved the feeling and, quite frankly, I liked the idea of having something that you just don't see out on the course all that often.

That's a great pick up looper! Congrats on the new sticks

Im seriously pondering the Cobra AMP irons after my lesson and speaking with the pro today.

I knew you would change your mind about them. I think you should bag them ASAP

Jman, selling putters???

Indeed my friend. That or they will be a tax refund gift to myself. My only issue is I want C-Taper's in them and its not an option, I'll just have to do that myself.

yeah man; i am pumped. I went with my typical dg's, instead of the flighted.... but I figured you would forgive me for that.

next up is wedges, but I am waiting till the outing to make a decision on those.

Those are gorgeous. Congrats man!!!!!!

Well there is an epic ponder. Care to elaborate on what was said?

He just switched from Callaway to Nike (sorry Callaway staffers) and just couldnt say enough good things about the new irons, specifically those. And he thought they would be a very good iron choice going into next year for me. Im pretty sure he got to hit them down in Fort Worth at the Oven too.

LOL @ deandec's little fify he tried to sneak past

He just switched from Callaway to Nike (sorry Callaway staffers) and just couldnt say enough good things about the new irons, specifically those. And he thought they would be a very good iron choice going into next year for me. Im pretty sure he got to hit them down in Fort Worth at the Oven too.

Nice man, while I don't think I will be playing Nike's any time soon, those irons are freaking dead sexy.

Nice man, while I don't think I will be playing Nike's any time soon, those irons are freaking dead sexy.

Yeah considering the MC sponsor I dont think you will either but they sure are sexy. And Nike usually hooks up you lefty's with some clubs at demo day so hopefully you get to hit them.

that's pretty cool that he was raving about them. They were a top 3 iron for me down in FL without a doubt.

Morgan Cup driver?

Sent from Tapatalk

Yeah, it's blind pondering though. I like the Black head, but I think by swapping the shaft I might be more consistent. I just like pondering bits and pieces.

That is beautiful Looper! I absolutely cannot wait to get mine!

OEM: Those irons look so fantastic!

Indeed my friend. That or they will be a tax refund gift to myself. My only issue is I want C-Taper's in them and its not an option, I'll just have to do that myself.
Lol, I am in shock, man. Although speaking of putters, I can't wait till the CC comes in.

Lol, I am in shock, man. Although speaking of putters, I can't wait till the CC comes in.

I'm excited for you, that is one truly solid line of putters IMO.

Get them now. Hurry lol.

Hurry up and wait right now. I think they release next month some time.

that's pretty cool that he was raving about them. They were a top 3 iron for me down in FL without a doubt.

He is a Nike staffer so its to be expected but still when they're in deandec's top 3 what else is there to ponder

He is a Nike staffer so its to be expected but still when they're in deandec's top 3 what else is there to ponder

the hot list

Winter's a bad time for us...visions of new clubs dancing in our heads. Good luck Jman!

I am back to pondering the TM CS Manta and the Nike Vr Pro limited edition driver.

I am pondering a hybrid to occasionally replace my 3i. Some long par 3's are hard to reach in the cold months!

I am back to pondering the TM CS Manta and the Nike Vr Pro limited edition driver.

The VR Pro looks like a great stick, but I have to be honest...I like the Drone better than the Manta. Something about that putter just doesn't click for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back