Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering more staff bags....

And a new paintjob for my method. I really screwed it up.

I looked in to have my Method Core 03 customized but no one can do it because of the insert. I was kinda bummed. I still really like the idea so I am probably going to do it to my old Odyssey White Hot 5.

No we aren't, but we are allowed to ponder Eidelons so that is where my mind has started to wander after reading the scor thread.

+1. Also would love to hit the Mizuno JPX wedge.

They are just not working for me. I cannot make solid contact for whatever reason with them. When I hit the AW that came with my set, I hit it fine. Also around the greens I am having trouble making proper contact with them. Everything seems to be going left or right. I have been trying to work it out but it baffles me because my PW and AW that came with the set I hit fine so I doubt it is a swing problem.

Thats interesting. I am hitting mine really well still. I love them. Thats the thing about golf some stuff works for some and not for others

Thats interesting. I am hitting mine really well still. I love them. Thats the thing about golf some stuff works for some and not for others

Yeah which is why it sucks being lefty because it is virtually impossible to try stuff out before buying it. Would you be interested in my Mashie M3? I hit it literally 2 times. I am going to put it up for sale when I get home tonight so I can get pics.

I looked in to have my Method Core 03 customized but no one can do it because of the insert. I was kinda bummed. I still really like the idea so I am probably going to do it to my old Odyssey White Hot 5.

I got in over my head haha. I took the paint out no issues but did a horrible job of filling it in.

I'm pondering more staff bags....

And a new paintjob for my method. I really screwed it up.

I need another staff bag for the new man cave setup. Since I redid the room and have a wall for the putter I'd like bookend staff bags lol

So I received my Miyazaki shaft & R9 TP tip last night. I went to install them today and it looks like I need the .350 r9 sleeve. The .335 sleeve fits great on an old proforce v2 .335 shaft I had lying around, but just wont fit the same on the Miyazaki (only the first 1/2" or so fits). Although the Miyazaki specs say its .335, it looks like the previous owner may have put a metal shim or something on the tip to make it a big bigger.

Any ideas how to get the shim off or should I just suck it up and buy the .350 sleeve? The bummer of it all is I bought these for a golf trip this weekend and I doubt I will be able to find a new sleeve in time. I'm going to call a local Golf Galaxy and a smaller shop today hoping they have one, but I am not optimistic.

IMAG0231.jpg

I was able to successfully tip the ProForce V2 to the extra R9 sleeve I had, DDec's step by step process worked very well. I am still waiting to call my local shops to see if they have any .350 R9/11 sleeves in stock for my Miyazaki.

Yeah which is why it sucks being lefty because it is virtually impossible to try stuff out before buying it. Would you be interested in my Mashie M3? I hit it literally 2 times. I am going to put it up for sale when I get home tonight so I can get pics.

If it was the mashie tour I would say yes, but I feel like I would be a hook machine with the regular mashie

Met an old friend last night at Golfsmith. An Odyssey White Hot #5CS, always have been partial to that little putter. I think I'll go pick it up thursday. Oh and I've got something coming from Australia too!

If it was the mashie tour I would say yes, but I feel like I would be a hook machine with the regular mashie

I know that's why I parted with the Mashies personally, and I KNOW it was likely 99% a mental thing but I just could not get over it no matter how I tried. Luckily I've found a good hybrid combo for me though because when they didn't go left on me the Mashies were pure awesomeness.

I pondered some hybrids at GG last night but ended up with golf balls. Odd I know. They didnt have the 910H I wanted, 17*, so I hit the G20 and while it was ok it wasnt blowing me away.

I pondered some hybrids at GG last night but ended up with golf balls. Odd I know. They didnt have the 910H I wanted, 17*, so I hit the G20 and while it was ok it wasnt blowing me away.

I'm pondering a new hybrid, I just hook the heck out of my regular Mashie M3 and my previous Nike Sumo2 SQ 3H. I need to do more research than I did b4 i bought the M3, bought it 100% based off the gushing reviews and hype here on THP.

I'm pondering a new hybrid, I just hook the heck out of my regular Mashie M3 and my previous Nike Sumo2 SQ 3H. I need to do more research than I did b4 i bought the M3, bought it 100% based off the gushing reviews and hype here on THP.

I did the exact same thing....you already have the Heavy Driver but I can't say enough about the Heavy Hybrids...no more hooking for me!!

Last edited:
Yeah I was having issues hooking the Mashie too. I never hook the 910H and love the feel and distance I get out of it.

I've been pondering a SeeMore and now I'm not. SeeMore M8 ordered today.

I'm excited about it. It's 2.5" longer than my current putter so there's going to be many hours spent on the practice green coming up.

I'm excited about it. It's 2.5" longer than my current putter so there's going to be many hours spent on the practice green coming up.

What made you go longer if I may ask?

What made you go longer if I may ask?

I've been playing a 34" since I can remember and standing with my eyes over the ball, but got fitted online and over the phone for a 36.5" SeeMore. I would like to be a consistently better putter so I'm going to buy all the way into Pat O'Brien's method and hopefully become a good putter with practice.

I've been playing a 34" since I can remember and standing with my eyes over the ball, but got fitted online and over the phone for a 36.5" SeeMore. I would like to be a consistently better putter so I'm going to buy all the way into Pat O'Brien's method and hopefully become a good putter with practice.

Good stuff, I wish you the best. I really like Pat's method.

Good stuff, I wish you the best. I really like Pat's method.

Thanks. I have high aspirations of becoming half the putter ho you are one day.

Thanks. I have high aspirations of becoming half the putter ho you are one day.

Seemores are bad for that. They make you not ponder putters anymore

Seemores are bad for that. They make you not ponder putters anymore

That's partly true, they make you ponder more SeeMore's and their cool headcovers :clapp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back