Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead a spill the thoughts Spank. I do want to take you opinion into consideration.

Man still really pondering the laser range finder, I think a trip to the golf store might happen today for some research. So I've read all the reviews on THP but what does everyone here really like, I have my leaders in the clubhouse, but ideas?

I have the Bushy V2. So far, I absolutely love it. Someone asked me a distance from a distant house once and I was able to tell him, "786 yards to the house."

Go ahead a spill the thoughts Spank. I do want to take you opinion into consideration.
I have the Bushy V2. So far, I absolutely love it. Someone asked me a distance from a distant house once and I was able to tell him, "786 yards to the house."

Nah dude, go in open mind. Much better that way.

I hit the Burner Superfast 2.0 tonight with a stiff matrix ozik shaft. I also hit the R11 with the Blue X stiff shaft. Both 9 degrees.

Once again, I hit the Burner better. Wish I had a good reason.. It's a bit disgusting how high I managed to get the x-stiff in the R11 a couple times. I feel like the misses were a lot bigger and it wasn't as far.. Maybe I'll look into buying one and getting the head painted matte black.

I hit the Burner Superfast 2.0 tonight with a stiff matrix ozik shaft. I also hit the R11 with the Blue X stiff shaft. Both 9 degrees.

Once again, I hit the Burner better. Wish I had a good reason.. It's a bit disgusting how high I managed to get the x-stiff in the R11 a couple times. I feel like the misses were a lot bigger and it wasn't as far.. Maybe I'll look into buying one and getting the head painted matte black.

Didn't you have a huge difference in SS between the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't you have a huge difference in SS between the two?

I was just tagging along for an iron fitting for a fellow THPer, so I just snuck on for a couple hits.. The guy running the machine mentioned 110 a couple times, but didn't differentiate between the two. I would expect the speed of the Burner to be a bit higher, but it was the accuracy that stood out.. I didn't really miss much with the Burner at all.

u didnt hit the burner better...u hit it WAY better....just buy mine and I'll buy a 10.5 and we both win!

u didnt hit the burner better...u hit it WAY better....just buy mine and I'll buy a 10.5 and we both win!

haha I don't know man, I feel like the power fade has been imprinted on that thing...

I wish you'd take that swing to the course with you dude... You were cranking that thing.

haha I don't know man, I feel like the power fade has been imprinted on that thing...

I wish you'd take that swing to the course with you dude... You were cranking that thing.

well someday I hope I can...

I was just tagging along for an iron fitting for a fellow THPer, so I just snuck on for a couple hits.. The guy running the machine mentioned 110 a couple times, but didn't differentiate between the two. I would expect the speed of the Burner to be a bit higher, but it was the accuracy that stood out.. I didn't really miss much with the Burner at all.

I hit the R11 much better, but SS was my normal 105-110. With the Superfast I was at 112-118 which blew my mind. The spin rate was ridiculous though. I was just wondering if anyone else had that big of a difference.

I hit the R11 much better, but SS was my normal 105-110. With the Superfast I was at 112-118 which blew my mind. The spin rate was ridiculous though. I was just wondering if anyone else had that big of a difference.

Has to be a weight thing, no? The guy mentioned that a heavier shaft in the R11 would help me, but it's funny considering isn't that the exact opposite logic of swinging the Burner?

Funny how different peoples experiences are with each club.. Goes to show how important testing is over word of mouth..

Lower lofted club, and take the extra 20-30 yards.

after this evening, pondering hardcore the TM CB's in DG XP S300 shafts....

Lower lofted club, and take the extra 20-30 yards.

I finally got the 9* Z-Star I've been lusting after with the Dromos shaft. Now I'm ready to actually start practicing and get this handicap down.

I'm pondering the Adams Redline irons after reading Hawk's review (again). The Callaway RXT's are in the front running but I feel like I need to find these in lefty and at least hit them.

I'm pondering the Adams Redline irons after reading Hawk's review (again). The Callaway RXT's are in the front running but I feel like I need to find these in lefty and at least hit them.

Hit the Adams while at the THP demo day, they are very solid irons. Super easy to hit and freakin long.

Hit the Adams while at the THP demo day, they are very solid irons. Super easy to hit and freakin long.

seems to be the consensus. I gotta hit these for sure. Hopefully I can get a set made up w/out the hybrids. I have one of those already (the standard Super Hybrid) and cant hit it to save my life. Did you happen to hit the 4I or 5I. Trying to get an idea how easier they are to hit.

these are an awesome iron and feel so soft and smooth it really can't be described.

seems to be the consensus. I gotta hit these for sure. Hopefully I can get a set made up w/out the hybrids. I have one of those already (the standard Super Hybrid) and cant hit it to save my life. Did you happen to hit the 4I or 5I. Trying to get an idea how easier they are to hit.

I cant remember if I did or not but my guess would be that the 5i is probably a rocket launcher.

The adams redlines are nice, they came in a close second for me through all my club testing.

So, I went to the store and I didn't like any putter better than I like my current gamer. No change for me.

Way to not give into temptation....yet

So, I went to the store and I didn't like any putter better than I like my current gamer. No change for me.

See I told you... no preconceived notions going in. Much better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back