Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Mizuno MP-T11 60*/05 the other day. Really like what I am seeing/feeling. Haven't had it on the course yet, but have practiced short lobs and longer shots around my house. Pondering getting 56* and 52* mizzy's. Not sure which wedge flex to get. I normally hit shots ranging from 20 yds to 110 yds with my 56. Thinking I should just get the regular wedge flex. Will probably need to get wedge+ for the 52*. I normally hit 80%+ swings with the gap wedge.

I am pondering a R9 4wood to replace both of my Superfast (3/5) so I can add a 3 iron or additional hybrid.

I'm still trying to figure out that slot in my bag too, Edward. It's been one of toughest, if not the toughest, to fill.

I've got the same wedge config for my Mizzy MPT-11's and like it quite a bit
Bought a Mizuno MP-T11 60*/05 the other day. Really like what I am seeing/feeling. Haven't had it on the course yet, but have practiced short lobs and longer shots around my house. Pondering getting 56* and 52* mizzy's. Not sure which wedge flex to get. I normally hit shots ranging from 20 yds to 110 yds with my 56. Thinking I should just get the regular wedge flex. Will probably need to get wedge+ for the 52*. I normally hit 80%+ swings with the gap wedge.

I've got the same wedge config for my Mizzy MPT-11's and like it quite a bit

Nice. I still need to take the 60 to the course and give it a true test. From what I have seen in the yard, it feels great. I really like the spinner shaft. I was hitting some 65 yd shots from the end of my pier back to the yard and I was actually getting some backspin. Do you have the wedge+ or wedge in your 52*?

Method Core #4 I swooned over you today
You rolled so sweet I wanted to put you in play
Can't wait to spend more time with you in May

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Method Core #4 I swooned over you today
You rolled so sweet I wanted to put you in play
Can't wait to spend more time with you in May

Center shafted?

just the wedge

the 60 is such a great club for little chips when you're just sitting off the green
Nice. I still need to take the 60 to the course and give it a true test. From what I have seen in the yard, it feels great. I really like the spinner shaft. I was hitting some 65 yd shots from the end of my pier back to the yard and I was actually getting some backspin. Do you have the wedge+ or wedge in your 52*?

Oh yeah. I liked the looks, but loved the feel. Little more solid than the original method to me.

Center shafted?

Oh yeah. I liked the looks, but loved the feel. Little more solid than the original method to me.

I fell in love with it Saturday at Edwin watts. Definitely looking to put one in the bag soon. Felt great.

just the wedge

the 60 is such a great club for little chips when you're just sitting off the green

Thanks for the info Hanks. I am looking forward to gaming it this weekend.

I wouldn't limit yourself like that, ogie. If it works for you, play it. I understand what you are saying, but I try to give everything a fair chance.

O.K Hawk you talked me into I will give CG16's a go this weekend. You are right I should give every thing a fair chance

Good to hear. I hope you find the right set for you either way.

O.K Hawk you talked me into I will give CG16's a go this weekend. You are right I should give every thing a fair chance

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

These have climbed up my list pretty quick, the sole interaction just glides, reminds me a lot of the 588 series. I'm happy cause the past few Cleveland variations I've tried haven't worked to well for me.

Mashie M1. Come to daddy.

OEM is Mashie serious

removing the 3 wood?

Im going to let the clubs decide that. Twice last round my miss with the 3W was a ugly push type thing to the right. If I can get rid of that with the M1 then its in the bag.

Kevin what distances are you getting with your M2 vs. the 3 wood. I'm going to try and get out this weekend but last weekend I was getting very similar distances off the tee box with the M2 as I've gotten with my 3W.

Kevin what distances are you getting with your M2 vs. the 3 wood. I'm going to try and get out this weekend but last weekend I was getting very similar distances off the tee box with the M2 as I've gotten with my 3W.

I dont seem to be getting as much from the M2 as the 3W but I also havent had the GPS with me yet. Thats been a whole new issue in itself lol. The conditions have been so bad too that its just hard to tell. I can say its very close though. And if I can even more from the M1 I'll take it.

I have narrowed down my search for a big stick to 2 competitors now:

Ping G15 and the Callaway Diablo Octane
Both stiff shafts

Went to a golfsmith and hit with a simulator. Quite to my amazement, my swing speed was much faster than I thought (last time i was measured was nearly a year ago). Instead of my normal 95-100 speed, I was swinging the driver 110-115. Thinking it was a non calibrated sim, i called the tech guy over and he checked it out. After saying it was working correctly (but still not believing him) i switched sim's just in case. First swing, 119, second swing 116.

So..........that being said, my distances with both the G15 and the Octane were between 260-290. The G15 was usually in the 265 range and the octane was usually in the 280 range. The G15 had less than 10 yards off center on 9/10 drives where the Octane had 7/10. After reading a bit about the G15, a common theme seems to be that it is very hard to 'work' the ball and get a draw/fade with it. The Octane seemed a bit easier to move around, meaning i could force a fade but the G15 wouldnt budge from straight. So the final question is....

Which one should I go for? The G15 for control/straight drives and less workability, or the Octane for longer/less controlled drives but more workability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back