Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stock, is 4.1, Ice Cream Sandwich.

I am going to flash JellyBean to it this weekend though..I hope.

Let me know how that goes when it happens.

Let me know how that goes when it happens.
Im kind of skeptical of doing so, because I dont want to run in to any issues with S Note or the apps using S Pen.

I figure the worst that can happen is that it doesnt work and I just restore it. For it being my first Android tab, I am really liking it. Multiscreen has been awesome.

Im kind of skeptical of doing so, because I dont want to run in to any issues with S Note or the apps using S Pen.

I figure the worst that can happen is that it doesnt work and I just restore it. For it being my first Android tab, I am really liking it. Multiscreen has been awesome.

See if I just got my S3 right now Id try and root it and install JB. But now I dont want to lose everything so Im chicken.

See if I just got my S3 right now Id try and root it and install JB. But now I dont want to lose everything so Im chicken.
I had JB on the S3 last weekend. It was fun, but restored it until I could find a cleaner install. I had a flashed version from the Galaxy Nexus, and wasnt a fan of how it converted to the S3. made it sluggish.

I had JB on the S3 last weekend. It was fun, but restored it until I could find a cleaner install. I had a flashed version from the Galaxy Nexus, and wasnt a fan of how it converted to the S3. made it sluggish.

Dude at my work has it on his Verizon S3 and it runs slicker then snot on a barn door. He loves it. He gave me the site but I have yet to try it.

Who here has Sprint? I gotta get away from Verizon before I lose my mind.

I've heard nightmares about Sprint and signal quality though.

I have Sprint for my work Cell / blackberry.

Happy with it?

What's verizon doing to you man? Aside from charging too much, I quite like them!

Happy with it?

I have Verizon for my personal cell, and sprint for the work cell. In Sarasota, out toward the water where I live, sprint signal isn't near as good. Closer toward the interstate its fine.

Verizon is the best in this area among the top 4 providers. When I was in Tampa, it was att that was the numero uno though. It's all relative to your location.

What's verizon doing to you man? Aside from charging too much, I quite like them!

That's it. I'm north of a $100 a month and even though I'm on the gov employee plan they took my upgrade away. Not long ago I was offered an upgrade to the S3 at a song of a price but I declined it.

Now I can only upgrade if I get rid of my unlimited plan and take the new plan at whatever cost it is. I love the cell/data service and the billing service, I setup auto pay in 2005 and haven't had to mess with it since, but this plan change kind of angered me in a knee jerk reaction kinda way.

That's it. I'm north of a $100 a month and even though I'm on the gov employee plan they took my upgrade away. Not long ago I was offered an upgrade to the S3 at a song of a price but I declined it.

Now I can only upgrade if I get rid of my unlimited plan and take the new plan at whatever cost it is. I love the cell/data service and the billing service, I setup auto pay in 2005 and haven't had to mess with it since, but this plan change kind of angered me in a knee jerk reaction kinda way.

I hear that.. I'm not looking forward to dropping my unlimited but I've never been even close to hitting a GB let alone 2..

Sorry they are sending over the deep end man.. Coverage wise, I don't think they have a legit competitor.

Yeah, I rarely lose 3G coverage and I'm in the middle of nowhere. I'll pull 5+gigs a month sometimes, avg 4.

Supposedly Sprint will pull from any tower but I don't want to find out the hard way haha.

Anybody here have a nexus 7 tablet? Don't need a full on ipad or any other tablet. Just something for media consumption strictly and was thinking that this should do the trick.

Tapping from another Galaxy.

Yeah, I rarely lose 3G coverage and I'm in the middle of nowhere. I'll pull 5+gigs a month sometimes, avg 4.

Supposedly Sprint will pull from any tower but I don't want to find out the hard way haha.

Hey Danny I just dropped off the unlimited plan kicking and screaming.
After conferring with War Eagle.
So far the 4 gig plan with the hotspot has worked out to be about the same price as when I had the unlimited plan.
If I know I'm going to be doing a lot online I'll fire up my laptop and hit on the hotspot to save data usage from the phone.
Also I wait to do any big app down loads on the phone till I get home and the phone auto switches to the wi-fi.
The S3 has been cool around the house when I'm out in the garage working and want to check something online it hits the wi-fi and saves a ton of data usage.
Good Luck finding a sane solution bro.

Danny I have sprint. I've never had any real issues with them in the 3 years I've been with them. The only thing that bugs me is that they do not have 4g up here and it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon. But they changed their plans to included an extra charge per phone for that service. Because of that and how VZW changed their plans I can get 4G with VZW share data with Jenn(we rarely go over 1gb) and pay slightly less.

ddec with the truth no fan boi here

Big night of deal making in the Deaton house hold last night.

I called Dish Network to get some prices for dropping my phone and internet provider and just going with them. I was bounced around a few people till they hooked me up with the "deal maker"! This dude started out by dropping my bill $20 and I didn't even ask about upgrading anything yet. I figured since my bill dropped that low and I have the same DVR box since I signed up in 2006, I wanted to go after the Hopper system. This would give me HD on all 3 of my TVs and give me 4 DVRs, plus live TV. I have been having a ton of DVR conflict issues lately during prime time. My wife's shows are starting to interfere with my NFL football! That is not about to happen. I ended up getting the Hopper system for free and two Joey's. Free HD for life and a $10 discount for the next 24 months. I also was able to get 3 months of movie channels for free. I did all this and moved my bill up $5 over what I was paying before. Nice. I am excited to get it installed tomorrow and have HD on every TV in my house.

Big night of deal making in the Deaton house hold last night.

I called Dish Network to get some prices for dropping my phone and internet provider and just going with them. I was bounced around a few people till they hooked me up with the "deal maker"! This dude started out by dropping my bill $20 and I didn't even ask about upgrading anything yet. I figured since my bill dropped that low and I have the same DVR box since I signed up in 2006, I wanted to go after the Hopper system. This would give me HD on all 3 of my TVs and give me 4 DVRs, plus live TV. I have been having a ton of DVR conflict issues lately during prime time. My wife's shows are starting to interfere with my NFL football! That is not about to happen. I ended up getting the Hopper system for free and two Joey's. Free HD for life and a $10 discount for the next 24 months. I also was able to get 3 months of movie channels for free. I did all this and moved my bill up $5 over what I was paying before. Nice. I am excited to get it installed tomorrow and have HD on every TV in my house.
Nice man, thats sweet. Did you tell them that their satelitte radio "the hopper" commercials are really bad and piss me off? If you didn't could you please let them know next time?

Nice man, thats sweet. Did you tell them that their satelitte radio "the hopper" commercials are really bad and piss me off? If you didn't could you please let them know next time?

I sure will for you dude. Nothing like a pissed off Canadian!

I sure will for you dude. Nothing like a pissed off Canadian!
You are correct. I'm stocked for you, I want whole home PVR right now but don't want to pay for it, and I really don't want to switch carriers.

You are correct. I'm stocked for you, I want whole home PVR right now but don't want to pay for it, and I really don't want to switch carriers.

I don't think I could live without it now dude. I catch every bit of golf out there now. I just watch it at night when I get home. I can do 4 hours of golf in about 2. It is so nice. Would it cost you a ton extra?

Hey Danny I just dropped off the unlimited plan kicking and screaming.
After conferring with War Eagle.
So far the 4 gig plan with the hotspot has worked out to be about the same price as when I had the unlimited plan.
If I know I'm going to be doing a lot online I'll fire up my laptop and hit on the hotspot to save data usage from the phone.
Also I wait to do any big app down loads on the phone till I get home and the phone auto switches to the wi-fi.
The S3 has been cool around the house when I'm out in the garage working and want to check something online it hits the wi-fi and saves a ton of data usage.
Good Luck finding a sane solution bro.

Danny I have sprint. I've never had any real issues with them in the 3 years I've been with them. The only thing that bugs me is that they do not have 4g up here and it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon. But they changed their plans to included an extra charge per phone for that service. Because of that and how VZW changed their plans I can get 4G with VZW share data with Jenn(we rarely go over 1gb) and pay slightly less.

Thanks fellas. I did some poking around this morning since I'm stuck at work today and the coverage map scares me a little. One of our divisions uses Sprint/Nextel and they have pretty large areas where they get no service. I can go about anywhere out here and at least get a "hey I'm dying" text message out, it's not much but it is a safety blanket. Adding to that no 4G anywhere nearby except in that giant cess pool city to my east and where I'm located is off network roaming. So if I understand it correctly the unlimited data does not include when you're off network. That bites c**k. I'm not too pleased with VZW right now, but it looks like I'm stuck at the moment.

I don't think I could live without it now dude. I catch every bit of golf out there now. I just watch it at night when I get home. I can do 4 hours of golf in about 2. It is so nice. Would it cost you a ton extra?
Yes, because me existing PVR can't do whole home or work with an overall system, so if I want to go that route, then I have to buy the whole thing over again and then the extra units for the other TV's in the house. I'd do it, but I just finished paying off this HD PVR and I don't really want to start paying another off again.

It just sucks, because I've been with this provider for 15 years and they won't give me sh!t but if a new client signs up they get a free whole home system, but those of us who are already clients just get the finger and smile.

Yes, because me existing PVR can't do whole home or work with an overall system, so if I want to go that route, then I have to buy the whole thing over again and then the extra units for the other TV's in the house. I'd do it, but I just finished paying off this HD PVR and I don't really want to start paying another off again.

It just sucks, because I've been with this provider for 15 years and they won't give me sh!t but if a new client signs up they get a free whole home system, but those of us who are already clients just get the finger and smile.

I was like that with Dish. They started off telling me it was going to cost $100 for the Hopper and then another $99 for install. I asked why it was free for new customers and that I was going to leave. They transfered me over to another guy and he gave me all the discounts. It was amazing. He is just going to town with the discounts. I might call back today and go at it again. I might save another $10. HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back