Edison 2.0 Wedges Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
By now, it feels like everyone knows “The Wedge Guy” Terry Koehler, and if you have followed THP for any period of time then you know even more about the journey and passion he has for the short game. The Edison brand is his latest brainchild and while their first wedge met much positive feedback, there was still work to be done, so the Edison 2.0 wedges were created. THP was able to get a full set of the 2.0’s in hand to give a thorough tech and performance rundown.

Continue reading...

Good stuff here @Jman! Edison wedges always perform it looks like.

Really good data here and glad you commented on seeing the same on course as you are in the testing.
This is a wedge series that could help a lot of golfers I believe.

• Staff
Good stuff here @Jman! Edison wedges always perform it looks like.
Thank you!

It’s one thing about TK wedges, they’re always quite good, and his version of the V-Sole remains the best I’ve ever tried, if I could have it on every wedge I ever made played, I would.

• Staff
Really good data here and glad you commented on seeing the same on course as you are in the testing.
This is a wedge series that could help a lot of golfers I believe.
I agree.

I know the looks will draw strong reactions from people both ways, but the premise itself as well as the execution is there. Lots of people are moving mass, no one is doing it like this and keeping the profile as small as they are.

They’re honestly really fun wedges.

I agree.

I know the looks will draw strong reactions from people both ways, but the premise itself as well as the execution is there. Lots of people are moving mass, no one is doing it like this and keeping the profile as small as they are.

They’re honestly really fun wedges.
The looks are much better in hand, then from pictures, in my experience. Looks are different, but at address is it in line with my Zipcore wedge. The finish has held up really well, and I think that was a great change for Edison in the 2.0, moving to the Pearl finish.

• Staff
The looks are much better in hand, then from pictures, in my experience. Looks are different, but at address is it in line with my Zipcore wedge. The finish has held up really well, and I think that was a great change for Edison in the 2.0, moving to the Pearl finish.
Eh, imo, they’re not great looking with the double scallop, it’s just an awkward look. Obviously it’s a design element to move more mass as I stated in the review, but it’s not exactly a pretty look.

The decision to bead blast them this time around was a wise one indeed, they definitely do hide wear better than my 1.0’s.

I'm a big fan of what Edison is doing and wouldn't hesitate to toss mine in the bag at any time. It's a shame they don't photograph very well, because I think they look pretty nice in person.

Really enjoyed the write up @Jman , and glad these will be getting some more eyes on them.

Wanted to add some data to the conversation. I played the 2.0's in the 49* and 53* for most of 2023. I did try one in the 58*, but I didn't have as much luck there. Just had a good comfort level with my old 58* that I couldn't get with the Edison.

But in the 49* and 53* I have absolutely loved what I have experienced on course. Like was mentioned above, the peak height on shots, especially with the 49* is visually lower, but with spin you will have no issues keeping the ball where you want it. On windy days, this comes in real handy. The flight of the 53* is also lower, but is less noticeable the shorter my shots get. I have seen my GIR stay about the same from 100 yards and in, but have really improved my proximity. Below, looking at the shots from 25-50 yards, where I use my 54*, from 2022 to 2023 I have improved by 6 feet overall, but the biggest improvement has been from the fairway. I went from 29 feet, down to 10. I've always struggled with consistency off fairway lies with a wedge in hand, but the Edison has really helped me here. The weighting, and where I usually hit it, higher on the face, gives me the help I need, and much more consistent results.

1712750287355.png

Last edited:
Great Write up @Jman - My only experience with TK was back in the day with the SCOR wedges, but I loved those things.

Sadly doesn't look like they offer LH wedges at this point

Great Write up @Jman - My only experience with TK was back in the day with the SCOR wedges, but I loved those things.

I thiiiiiiiiiiink it’s part of the plan?

Just as I know they’re working on adding lofts down to 41 or 43

And man, I loved SCOR, if they’d have had this blasted finish…..whew.

Great write up on these @Jman. I agree with so much of what you wrote, especially the forgiving part. These are a wedge that will absolutely help golfers who struggle with consistent contact in all situations. I was lucky enough to get one for the pw challenge. It’s my 135 club and it blew me away how easy it is to hit it that distance every time!

I think I am going to drop a lower lofted one in my bag for a trial run

It’s funny, every time I go back and hit them, I remember why I enjoy them.

Thank you for the review. Great writeup.

Have always liked his wedges, started with the Eidolons, which could spin like no other wedge I've owned. That was two decades ago. Just wish I knew back then what I know now about using the sole.

If anyone has any doubts, let them melt away. Try them.

As their target market, an amateur golfer who doesn't always hit the bottom 3 grooves on my wedge, the 2.0's have helped me become more consistent from 110 yards and in. I have less distance loss on less than ideal strikes, but I still have the ability to work the ball up and down, and attack pins if I want. I great overall package that can benefit a lot of golfers.

I may give one or two a try next time I replace wedges. I like the concept. I would prefer them in black, though. Wedges always look best in black to me.

Just to add a bit more here from my time with the Edison. I mentioned data points for shots from 25-50 yards, but I also wanted to look at the data on shots from 50-100 yards, where I used a combination of my 49* and 53*. As you can see overall I've been about 6 feet closer, with my overall proximity falling to 34 feet. I didn't have any bunker shots from this range with the Edison's. The Fairway continues to be a place where the Edison shines. I improved by 13 feet, from 40 to 27 feet from the pin. The proximity on shots from the rough did increase a bit though, from 38 feet, to 41 feet.

On the left is 2022. On the right is 2023 with the Edison 2.0's.

1000000384.jpg1000000383.jpg

Even as…unique…looking as these are, I’m constantly contemplating putting them in the bag for a decent stretch just based on how good they are in there full and 3/4 swings for me.

I love my 2.0s. I've had them for about 9 months in 47, 51, and 55. They are a pleasure to play with. Definitely helped my short game

Had these on the course today, and they performed well again. The 53* from greenside is a work in progress due to the new season, but I had some really good touch shots that got me close and in good spots to get up and down. Didn't execute with the putter, but still feel good about my short game.

Had 1 shot in on the last hole. A bit of a wet lie from the fairway, and flew the pin. Still a great strike, got through the wet turf, and was right one line. Just need to work on my distance control on these in between shots. Still love what I get out of the Edison 2.0's from a variety of lies/conditions.

I’m intrigued by Edison and hope to give them a try one of these days

Back