Where did you settle in having the heavy weight?
I’m gonna move it to the heel and see how that works. Probably won’t have much time to dial it in until after the QC.

Irons are coming back around for me in the last few weeks. GIR are slowly going up. I like the new Lamkin grips i installed no hand pain today which is a first in awhile. I gave myself a look at eagle on a par 5 yesterday hitting my 7 iron in from 167 to about 13 feet or so. I was just on the fringe of the green and lipped the putt out. Still working on hitting the knockdown shot and hit a few successfully yesterday as we had some good wind on the back 9.

I hit the SMS 7i a couple of times at Ballyhack and at the range, and it felt and performed really great.

I also hit Wildcat's SMS Pro 5i and PW and hit the 5i way better than I thought I could/would. Hit a nice draw into a 192yd par 3 to around 20 feet IIRC.

The ponder for adding SMS / SMS Pro irons to my bag never really stops. They are fantastic.

Oh, and Mike Pai from Edel said like 70% of SMS users benefit from having the heavy weight somewhere other than the middle, at least I think that is the number he said. maybe @EdelBlake can confirm that for me so I don't misinform everyone.

I hit the SMS 7i a couple of times at Ballyhack and at the range, and it felt and performed really great.

I also hit Wildcat's SMS Pro 5i and PW and hit the 5i way better than I thought I could/would. Hit a nice draw into a 192yd par 3 to around 20 feet IIRC.

The ponder for adding SMS / SMS Pro irons to my bag never really stops. They are fantastic.

Oh, and Mike Pai from Edel said like 70% of SMS users benefit from having the heavy weight somewhere other than the middle, at least I think that is the number he said. maybe @EdelBlake can confirm that for me so I don't misinform everyone.
70%, didn't think it would be that high, but an interesting stat and another reason to get an Edel fitting. Their products are quality.

70%, didn't think it would be that high, but an interesting stat and another reason to get an Edel fitting. Their products are quality.
I was shocked at the number when he told me ... hopefully we can get confirmation soon

That is a high number and didn’t expect to read that. Did he say how many people change the 8 gram out or the 2 gram weights?

That is a high number and didn’t expect to read that. Did he say how many people change the 8 gram out or the 2 gram weights?
nope, I didn't even think of that as a follow-up question. :-( I think @EdelBlake is headed on vacation soon but maybe we can get more details once he returns.

That is correct. In one test we performed, 24 out of 25 participants got better results with the weight somewhere other than the middle. Here's some information from that test:

Back