Edel Golf – Array Putters

Gonna be fun to see this in action.
Im still 50/50 on being able to play, but working hard to make that happen.

Everyone is rooting for you to play but health first for sure. Even with a bad elbow I hope you can get some time putting with us!

I've been lagging with this thing so much better than I have in the past, speed control is great. Struggling some with short putts though, the grip is a little crooked, so I'm hoping straightening that will help.
My lag putting has been pretty bad as of late. Changing the weights during the fitting made such a big difference though so pretty excited to get it in my hands.

My lag putting has been pretty bad as of late. Changing the weights during the fitting made such a big difference though so pretty excited to get it in my hands.
My lag putting is about to face the ultimate challenge, but I'm at least feeling pretty good about it. 🤣

My lag putting is about to face the ultimate challenge, but I'm at least feeling pretty good about it. 🤣
Yeah, lag putting on that practice green at Golftec was one thing. Ballyhack greens is going to be a whole different challenge, but I'm up for it!

Yeah, lag putting on that practice green at Golftec was one thing. Ballyhack greens is going to be a whole different challenge, but I'm up for it!
Me too! I said somewhere else earlier, I'm about to face the ultimate lag putting test in a couple days. 🤞

Been rolling with the blade a bit as of late and think it might make the bag.
The feel is unique, but really good and I find myself really getting speed right.
Nice! I wasn't fit into the blade, but I still want one. hahaha. such a great looking putter.

good luck! we all definitely hope you can play. is the pain still pretty bad?

Hope to see you play. But I will do whatever my captain needs

Can't wait to put this in play! The F-3 and I are going to shock and awe. :cool:

1714695384787.png

@JB - did the blade or a mallet make your experience travel this month? Asking for a friend…

Waiting for it's putter

20240508_201135.jpg

If you are even remotely curious, I highly suggest going through the fitting process on the Arrays. My lines have significantly better so far. Ballyhack is making distance control tougher to navigate, but no doubt my right miss has been reigned in with the proper sight lines.

If you are even remotely curious, I highly suggest going through the fitting process on the Arrays. My lines have significantly better so far. Ballyhack is making distance control tougher to navigate, but no doubt my right miss has been reigned in with the proper sight lines.
I will 100% go through the fitting if I jump. Honestly the only hold up for me is a few of local fitters have been a little lukewarm on the fitting process. I want them to be all in so may wait until I can get to HQ as I’ve got family in Denver. Only a matter of when till I’m out there.

I really like the F-2 design, but it would be really fun to go through the full Edel fitting to see which style, alignment, and weighting would benefit my game most. Such a good looking product, but adding in the customization to fit you, and it takes it up another level.

Posted these pics in the QC thread but want to post them here as well. I'll get some more pictures if the sun ever comes back out here.

87998B21-6C08-496C-992D-7C278AC02894_1_105_c.jpeg
963758F6-3103-4245-986E-56D6089746F2_1_105_c.jpeg
B34FB974-CF81-47DC-8BAE-652CF59C272D_1_105_c.jpeg

I am so happy that I decided to go with the F3. The shape fits my eye and once I got comfortable with it I started rolling some great putts down the stretch of the event. Some misses for sure but I'm not the world's best putter, so I can't put that on this flatstick. Off the face the feel here is excellent. A good kind of dense feeling without being too hard or soft. I've gamed some milled putters that were too far in either direction and this one sits right in the middle for me, which I really like. Alignment wise I definitely enjoy the single sight line plate. I may grab a couple of others to mess with when the laser kit comes out (next month according to what @EdelBlake told us at the QC if you missed it in the event thread) but this was an easy transition for me coming from the Versa 12. I was a little nervous when I was fit into one of the heavier configurations, but honestly by the end of two days worth of putting it felt natural and my distance control started getting pretty darn good. I also went with the round grip as I've been curious about them for a long time. I think that will be the biggest thing for me to get used to. It's a little slimmer than I'm used to, but otherwise it wasn't a huge issue on the course. Feel is solid if you're used to any of the non-taper grips like superstroke. No golf for me for a few days, but please ask any questions you have. If I can't answer them right now, I'll do my best to respond as I get more time with the F3!

You guys want to see something cool?

IMG_2085.jpeg
I know what you’re thinking THP, why did this lunatic take apart his spankin’ new Array F3? Because he can! And it further illustrates how cool and potentially market changing the Array putter can be.

Aside from the build quality (precision milled? Darn right! See below) the ability to take apart the putter could yield additional ways to customize your putter or even have multiple shapes in one single complete putter.
IMG_2086.jpeg
IMG_2087.jpeg
As of now, this is all pie in the sky wishthinking, but this unique way the Array mallets are assembled could yield some interesting future features or customizations.

Perhaps a future insert face, or faces with different milling patterns? No problem, swap ‘em! Went F3 and wish you went F2? Maybe in the future you can buy the F2 (or F1 or another future shape) body instead of another whole putter? Like the 3 dot alignment but wish it started closer to the face? Take the face to a machinist and have a dot milled (or a line parallel to the face) and infill with paint. Try a different hosel? Maybe you could get just the hosel or a prebuilt swap with grip and shaft length of choice already installed. Prefer a solid color to the contrasting face combo….

Bear in mind, most of this is already possible with the fitting kit, but the rest is me looking at the exploded view of the Array and brainstorming about how many different ways one could tinker with it.

Why tinker with a club you were fitted into? Maybe your stroke changes due to an injury or from a lesson. Maybe you prefer a soft insert or a more aggressive milling. The modularity lets you change what you have rather than investing in a whole new putter. Or it lets you be a mad scientist and just try different stuff. This is all supposed to be fun, right?

More later…the Array F-3 is an awesome putter. I had some great lag putts on the huge, undulating Ballyhack greens and was more steady from 4-6 feet than I’ve been for a long time.

IMG_1537.jpegIMG_1425.jpeg

You guys want to see something cool?

View attachment 9266031
I know what you’re thinking THP, why did this lunatic take apart his spankin’ new Array F3? Because he can! And it further illustrates how cool and potentially market changing the Array putter can be.

Aside from the build quality (precision milled? Darn right! See below) the ability to take apart the putter could yield additional ways to customize your putter or even have multiple shapes in one single complete putter.
View attachment 9266035
View attachment 9266036
As of now, this is all pie in the sky wishthinking, but this unique way the Array mallets are assembled could yield some interesting future features or customizations.

Perhaps a future insert face, or faces with different milling patterns? No problem, swap ‘em! Went F3 and wish you went F2? Maybe in the future you can buy the F2 (or F1 or another future shape) body instead of another whole putter? Like the 3 dot alignment but wish it started closer to the face? Take the face to a machinist and have a dot milled (or a line parallel to the face) and infill with paint. Try a different hosel? Maybe you could get just the hosel or a prebuilt swap with grip and shaft length of choice already installed. Prefer a solid color to the contrasting face combo….

Bear in mind, most of this is already possible with the fitting kit, but the rest is me looking at the exploded view of the Array and brainstorming about how many different ways one could tinker with it.

Why tinker with a club you were fitted into? Maybe your stroke changes due to an injury or from a lesson. Maybe you prefer a soft insert or a more aggressive milling. The modularity lets you change what you have rather than investing in a whole new putter. Or it lets you be a mad scientist and just try different stuff. This is all supposed to be fun, right?
And here I was thinking I was crazy taking off the aiming plate (I got fit to the blank one) so it's easier to pick up balls, and looks better.

This F1 was built for me. The feel and distance control is just off the charts.

The confidence over the ball is at an all time high. The ball just rolls where I think it should. Didn’t make a ton today but just lipped out several. I feel like if I read them better they would have gone in. But I’m so close.

It is insane how great the ball rolls off the face and just looks like everything is going to go in. The sound and feel just perfect for me.

And here I was thinking I was crazy taking off the aiming plate (I got fit to the blank one) so it's easier to pick up balls, and looks better.
You can scoop with the alignment plate installed in them, just takes a lighter touch. Noticed it pretty quickly with the F3, but Mike from Edel said that you could do with any of the models.

Back