Dustin Johnson Switches Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
DJ put a new putter in the bag and made a switch to an Itsy Bity TaylorMade Ghost Spider.

dfasdfd-L.jpg

I heard them talking about him switching putters on Morning Driver this morning, but they didn't say what he was going with. Didn't he switch a couple of times early in the year last season too?

About time. He's been horrid on the greens

• Admin
I heard them talking about him switching putters on Morning Driver this morning, but they didn't say what he was going with. Didn't he switch a couple of times early in the year last season too?

I believe he did. Nothing stuck though. I would reckon anything would assist him at this point, its like he took putting lessons from Sergio in 2007.

Dirtydawg will have one by the end of the weekend, LOL

Good for DJ. His putting has sucked for the past couple of years.

So far so good. DJ is 2 under early in his round today.

word is he just left the combine and is waiting in line at GG right now to checkout

So far so good. DJ is 2 under early in his round today.

Imagine that. Dump that Cameron turd and he starts making putts.

Good for DJ. His putting has sucked for the past couple of years.

He already has one.

He already has one.

haha, of course.

I don't think I like the itsy bitsy as much as the Spider Ghost, and certainly not as much as the MANTA.

hopefully he starts nailing some putts.

Good move, he had to try something. His putting has been abysmal as of late.

I saw him putting with it last night "on the range" interested to see if he improves this week

good for DJ! Looks a bit funky to me imo, but you gotta go with what works!

haha, of course.

I don't think I like the itsy bitsy as much as the Spider Ghost, and certainly not as much as the MANTA.

Yeah I agree, something looks "off" with it. DirtyDawg has the original Spyder Ghost I meant

I think it looks pretty good, but (from the pics) I like the Manta better as well. I hope it treats him well though.

He needs whatever the hell help he can get.

Yeah, I'd like to see him win.

JB, how do these things comes about? Is it likely that DJ asked for this putter or does TM offer it to tour players and they can take it or leave it? Seems kind of odd that I haven't heard much about any TM staffers using the Manta and that's the one about to come out, yet we see an itsy bitsy before it's launch is even really heard of.

Does TM consult their tour players about putters the way say, a Nike is rumored to make prototype after prototype for Tiger?

Not sure I can answer this properly in words here. DJ struggles with his putter are getting worse. They work with their athletes to find something that best suits their game. The Itsy Bitsy did that for him. Obviously they want all of their players playing white equipment so they "Ghost" it.

Harsh TC, just harsh. Not a Cameron fan?

Funny thing is, Scotty is probably thinking DJ is an idiot for dumping his beautiful art for a white brick on a stick. Or, maybe he just wishes him well.

I like the itsy bitsy in that picture, like others have said it reminds me of the Vicino Spider.

They need to put the Corza Ghost alignment aide on it, that would be awesome.

Back