leftyrighty

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a buddy, non forum member, who has now cracked the face on 5 different TaylorMade drivers. They have been accommodating and replaced the drivers, but he is considering moving on from them.

He wants to find a driver that won't keep cracking.

Any suggestions? This is a guy that swings it 120+ mph but doesn't go beat balls or anything like that. So I can't imagine it is from excessive use.

That's kind of crazy, especially since we dont see the pros with swing speeds like that smashing through driver heads. As far as durability goes, one would think TM would be right up there at the top along the rest of the larger OEMs.

Yikes. I just think he needs to get away from that carbon face.

5 different TM drivers...all the same model?

Where on the head does he crack them? Face? Neck?

that's crazy. All the carbon faced ones or older dating to titanium faces? I figure if Kyle Berkshire isn't breaking Cobra driver faces they must be pretty durable.

Are they being left in the cold or anything?

Tough to move away from TM if they have replaced 5. I'd stay the course.

Does he keep the headcover on when not in use?

I've seen other people report the face cracks for them.. is he hitting them center or on the toe/heel? Maybe at the seams it's less durable

Crazy fast swing speed?

I've seen other people report the face cracks for them.. is he hitting them center or on the toe/heel? Maybe at the seams it's less durable

Crazy fast swing speed?
He said 120+ mph.

I'd say 9 out of 10 times when I hear about someone at my club or their friend cracking a driver/wood it is a Taylormade.

I see a
Lot of cracked face TMs, or the carbon crown separating, and Stealths with faces separating. TM is very good about replacements but they are frequent in my experience.

I see a
Lot of cracked face TMs, or the carbon crown separating, and Stealths with faces separating. TM is very good about replacements but they are frequent in my experience.

Yes they have been great about replacements. I think he is just tired of dealing with contacting them and getting a replacement. I think he said this time they are going to send a "reinforced" head, but he's ready to move on.

Just wasn't sure what to suggest.

I haven't heard of Jon Rahm cracking a Callaway head yet, and he seems to swing pretty hard.

Back