Rob Wedge

Jersey
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure
Have a Driver fitting this Tuesday. Any shafts to request trying? Been out of the loop on shafts for the last couple months.

Matrix 6x3 White Tie

Whatever the fitter recommends as a pair with the head.

Asking us here in like shooting in the dark for a rabbit that isn't there.

Have a Driver fitting this Tuesday. Any shafts to request trying? Been out of the loop on shafts for the last couple months.

What are you looking to improve on?

No. It's not

Asking what to see is available is basically asking "what have you liked". Which is a fair question.

I know, I have been through some very thorough fittings for irons and I trust my fitter. I just haven't even looked at Driver shafts in over a year to know whats currently out there.

What are you looking to improve on?

With my recent swing change I feel like I am launching to high right now. Something a little lower launching would be nice.

No. It's not

Asking what to see is available is basically asking "what have you liked". Which is a fair question.

It is. There's a billion different characteristics when it comes to shafts. Someone might recommend something high launch/high spin, when in fact after one swing the fitter can see that it's not right at all.

I personally see the fitting as the point of finding the answer, if someone wants to go in an try a bunch of things and not listent to the fitter, it's a waste of the fitters time and someone the person can do on their own time at a demo day or something.

Now if the original poster has asked for something say high launch and light weight or something, then giving answers make sense. I just don't see how this helps heading into a fitting with a fitter.

I know, I have been through some very thorough fittings for irons and I trust my fitter. I just haven't even looked at Driver shafts in over a year to know whats currently out there.

With my recent swing change I feel like I am launching to high right now. Something a little lower launching would be nice.

The White tie that blu suggested is a little higher launching. The black tie is a lower launching option.

The White tie that blu suggested is a little higher launching. The black tie is a lower launching option.
Thanks Dev. We need to tee it up again sometime soon. Anywhere but Miry too. lol

Dev is right. The White Tie is labeled as high launch. It isn't Pro Launch Blue high. I really like it. But if you already balloon, it may cause issues.

Thanks Dev. We need to tee it up again sometime soon. Anywhere but Miry too. lol

No problem buddy. We need to tee it up for sure!

It is. There's a billion different characteristics when it comes to shafts. Someone might recommend something high launch/high spin, when in fact after one swing the fitter can see that it's not right at all.

I personally see the fitting as the point of finding the answer, if someone wants to go in an try a bunch of things and not listent to the fitter, it's a waste of the fitters time and someone the person can do on their own time at a demo day or something.

Now if the original poster has asked for something say high launch and light weight or something, then giving answers make sense. I just don't see how this helps heading into a fitting with a fitter.

When in Rome.

I have no issues with the OP.

What if NJ goes to his fitter and says he wants to get for a Cleveland Classic Custom? Is that a bad thing?

When in Rome.

I have no issues with the OP.

What if NJ goes to his fitter and says he wants to get for a Cleveland Classic Custom? Is that a bad thing?

Nope.

I guess we just each have our own opinion.

Dev is right. The White Tie is labeled as high launch. It isn't Pro Launch Blue high. I really like it. But if you already balloon, it may cause issues.
Noted, thanks man.

If they have the b asha try that. You are welcome to hit mine at some point as well.

Yup. I read "request trying" as something completely different as you do.

and I read "going to be fitted" differently than you.

I hope Rob finds the perfect setup and in no way was saying this as anything against him and his question. I was simply hoping that he trust his fitter and he said he does, which is all I was hoping for based on my original post here.

If they have the b asha try that. You are welcome to hit mine at some point as well.
Thanks Mitch! Hoping to have a new setup by the weekend before we meetup though.

It's a good shaft. I have it paired with a low launch head. And it is amazing.
I hear nothing but good things about that whole line. I know Buck is killing it with his Black Tie. Going to ask to try them out for sure on Tuesday.

Thanks Mitch! Hoping to have a new setup by the weekend before we meetup though.

I hear nothing but good things about that whole line. I know Buck is killing it with his Black Tie. Going to ask to try them out for sure on Tuesday.

There are a lot of options with that line. It's not back to at least ask about.

I would give the Aldila RIP Phenom and Alpha a go. They are both lower launch and both keep the spin in check plus if you like them they can be had for quite cheap. The Phenom has a much better feel and a little bit higher launch than the Alpha but its by no means too high. They are both offered in whatever weight class you prefer as well.

If you hit to high and too much spin Diamana whiteboard. This shaft has brought my flight and spin or the B. Asha

i'd try some matrix black tie and some b ashas....

Back