Driver Adjustability Weight - Tech Talk w/ T.O.

Good picture Jman.

I could watch those videos all day - hope there's more coming!

Love the video and Jman that pic is perfect!

I would love to sit down with TO and spend a month talking club design.

This is one of those examples where you have to wonder how much grams matter and where it has to be made up elsewhere to make sure the club is not heel heavy.

I asked him how many other companies are saving hosel weight this way and surprisingly it was not many. He did say that one companies tour use club was hollowed out and frankly completely different weight wise.

Not saying it was inferior just completely different.

I know Ping was slower to the adjustable driver party than most but I find how low their hosel profile is to be amazing. Granted it doesn't adjust as much as others but I know they were spending extra time trying to minimize drag caused by a bigger hosel.

I know Ping was slower to the adjustable driver party than most but I find how low their hosel profile is to be amazing. Granted it doesn't adjust as much as others but I know they were spending extra time trying to minimize drag caused by a bigger hosel.

However if you look closely in the video, the cut out showing a solid mass (meaning more weight), is actually a Ping driver.

However if you look closely in the video, the cut out showing a solid mass (meaning more weight), is actually a Ping driver.

Interesting. I wasn't disputing the weight. Cobra was extremely smart to lure Tom O away from TM. Did your discussions with him get into hosel length outside the head and aerodynamic properties?

Interesting. I wasn't disputing the weight. Cobra was extremely smart to lure Tom O away from TM. Did your discussions with him get into hosel length outside the head and aerodynamic properties?

Of course. It really all comes down to weight. Every company is trying to cut weight in this area, and my gut says Ping and a few others switch to a similar design in the future.

JB- in talking with TO did he give any indication on how much further they can go with weight, CG & moving it around the head given the current USGA limits? Just curious on how much more can the limit be pushed.

Back