Dollar Driver Club

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
I saw this interesting twist on the dollar club in an ad and know THPers will have some opinions on it. If this has already been introduced, please merge mods.

Information I gathered is from their website @ https://dollardriverclub.com. What are your thoughts THP? Is this something that might interest some?

[video=youtube_share;Nn7-hdmPJkM]https://youtu.be/Nn7-hdmPJkM[/video]

Play The Best For Less
At Dollar Driver Club, our goal is to help you play your best by making the latest driver technology more affordable. Simply pick the driver of your choice and we’ll bill you $30 a month or less (depending on the driver selected). After 6 months, you pick a new driver and return the old one-it’s that simple.

LATEST TECHNOLOGY FOR LESS
Be the envy of your foursome and always have the best in your bag for under $1 a day! Don’t get caught with last year’s technology and a depreciating asset.

ANNUAL UPGRADES
Why pay $500 for a driver when every year a new driver comes to market with increased forgiveness or distance? As a member of Dollar Driver Club you upgrade to the latest technology of your choice every year.

EASY PEASY
You are billed monthly with no long term commitments. To cancel, simply return your driver after three months for no additional fee.

HOW IT WORKS
Golf is hard enough-getting the best golf clubs for your game shouldn’t be!

JOIN THE Club - Sign up today. As a member of the Dollar Driver Club you can play the latest driver of your choice for under $1 a day.

PICK YOUR Driver - Choose from the top brands and customization options including loft, shaft and grip.

IMPROVE YOUR GAME - Hit the ball farther and straighter than ever before with the latest innovations from the top manufacturers.

UPGRADE LIKE A Pro - Every 6 months, upgrade to the latest driver of your choice for no charge. We’ll ship your new driver with a prepaid return label for returning your old club.

PLAY YOUR Best - Have confidence in your game knowing you have the best driver for you!

NO HASSLE Cancelation - After your 3 month minimum, you can cancel for any reason. Just return the driver with our prepaid shipping label. We stop billing you once the driver is received.

Some interesting points:

- Looks like $499 drivers are $30/month and $399 are around $24-25 per with free shipping to you and return.
- Includes Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, Ping, Cobra, and Mizuno right now.
- Minimum 3 month commitment to paying for the driver.
- Able to switch drivers after 6 months.
- For northern US golfers with a season of April - November would be able to essentially "lease" a new driver for the whole season for under $200. Really not bad at all.
- Unusual damage (shaft break or skymark) make you responsible for full price of club.

Was she selling something? Giggity!!

So I could use/rent a driver for the last 3 months of the season for $90, return it after 3-12 months, and if it works well enough for me go and buy it as leftover next year? Or renew with DDC?

Interesting concept, would be cool to hear customers' experience.. says you cannot buy your driver after the year, it must be returned

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dollar Driver Club

Interesting idea, pricing isn’t too terrible, assuming 6 months @ $30 per month that makes a $500 cost the user $180. As most of us don’t keep the older clubs it seems like a pretty good ROI. I don’t see how they’re going to stay in business with that pricing model.

Assuming they’re going to sell the used $500 driver afterwards they’d need to sell it for $320 just to break even, and realistically need to sell it for $400 to not lose money on the entire process. Call me skeptical, unless they’re planning on people keeping a driver for longer than 6 months.

Looking on their website I don’t see any LH option, so that’s a slight problem for some folk.

Interesting idea, pricing isn’t too terrible, assuming 6 months @ $30 per month that makes a $500 cost the user $180. As most of us don’t keep the older clubs it seems like a pretty good ROI. I don’t see how they’re going to stay in business with that pricing model.

Assuming they’re going to sell the used $500 driver afterwards they’d need to sell it for $320 just to break even, and realistically need to sell it for $400 to not lose money on the entire process. Call me skeptical, unless they’re planning on people keeping a driver for longer than 6 months.

Looking on their website I don’t see any LH option, so that’s a slight problem for some folk.

Pretty sure they're not paying retail for the drivers, so their cost will be considerably cheaper than "sticker price."

I like the concept a lot, as a business model I'm not sure how it will turn out profit wise but for club Ho's like myself. WIN!

I saw this in the FAQ and like this even better now.

[h=3]What happens to returned drivers?[/h]DDC donates a portion of its returned clubs to golf related charities which support veterans and junior golf.

This has been tried a number of times to pretty miserable results. I can not imagine the margins here are significant enough to create a truly viable operation.

If she's personally delivering the clubs, I'll take of each please.

Interesting concept. I'd be a little worried about giving it a skymark though. Not that I ever make bad contact but I have kids.

One thing I don't like is that there isn't a purchase option. I know you can just upgrade after the 6 months, but it would be nice if there we an option to buy it out after that time.

Also in areas where the golf season is not long, paying 30 a month for a driver, sending it back after 6 months, and cenceling the service until the next year doesn't seem awful.

I'm going to take the plunge provided they reply favorably to my email asking for either an Evenflow Black or Blue in 6.5 and an O/S Winn DriTac for a Rogue SZ. I'll reply back to the thread with my experience.

One thing I don't like is that there isn't a purchase option. I know you can just upgrade after the 6 months, but it would be nice if there we an option to buy it out after that time.

Also in areas where the golf season is not long, paying 30 a month for a driver, sending it back after 6 months, and cenceling the service until the next year doesn't seem awful.

You could always get the same setup after 6m. The price is still less than a new driver for the year.

————-

I am wondering if they give you a new upgrade or a used upgrade with new shaft.

You could always get the same setup after 6m. The price is still less than a new driver for the year.

————-

I am wondering if they give you a new upgrade or a used upgrade with new shaft.

it's true, I mean heck 30 a month for a full year is less than a driver cost off the rack.
G400 max right now is 24 a month. Solid deal.

it's true, I mean heck 30 a month for a full year is less than a driver cost off the rack.
G400 max right now is 24 a month. Solid deal.
Not bad at all. Great for the ho's too

3 month minimum, 75ish bucks to play the G400 Maxx for 3 months.
Easy add into the household budget with it being a set amount

Sounds like a really good idea. 30 bucks is easy.

This isn’t abad idea i wonder about no upcharge shafts

I really think this could be of interest for many golfers. Especially, those in the northern climates. I could play April through September with a new driver yearly for 180. I would definitely give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not a bad price at all like others have mentioned. Now who’s gonna take the leap??? I just wonder how availability is gonna be long term and what club selection will end up looking like. Honestly, even at $30/month, I could still play my own shafts and tips and the current pricing would make it worth using the head alone for 3 or 6 months.

I wonder how this would affect the used club market? I have to think there would be an exorbitant amount of used clubs for sale if this were to take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am going to take the plunge but can't decide on Rogue Draw or G400Max.

I’ve got zero use for a driver, but I’m intrigued by the concept. Hopefully it is successful enough that they introduce something similar for irons. I’d definitely be interested in that.

This isn’t abad idea i wonder about no upcharge shafts

They got back to me. At least for the Rogue the only two options are Evenflow Blue and HZRDUS yellow. I'm going to give it a couple days to see if I get any action on my M3 for Rogue ad I have up, if not then I'll take the plunge.

It seem reasonable if you have a driver you really like and just want to try something else.

If you really need to have the latest and greatest, this sounds like a decent deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back