• No

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters

bsbmike5

2024 Victory Cup with Mizuno #TeamVosh
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This came up at work this morning and is currently being heavily debated. Haven't heard a great argument yet for no, but figured this crew could weigh in.

pizza or dessert pie?

A pie is a circle.

If it's not a circle, wouldnt that then make it a cobbler?
Is a cobbler a cobbler if there’s a top crust?

I've only ever had circle pie tins. So I guess so?

Would a square one be a tart maybe?

I've only ever had circle pie tins. So I guess so?

Would a square one be a tart maybe?
I don't wanna blend the lines too much, but someone just said "would that be a dessert lasagna?"

I told them they should go check out THP right now :ROFLMAO:

This conversation was started with dessert, but pizza has entered the realm now too
For pizza it’s common to have square and rectangle pies

Yeah, lots of pizza pie's that are non circular.
Agreed...I think for sake of conversation this was 100% started with dessert and pizza should be left out

Then I'm going yes, pie is a circle - tart if it's a different shape and cobbler if it's a biscuit instead of a pastry bottom.

The definition of pie says nothing about circle or circular. However, I've never seen a square pie tin. :LOL:

Great argument could be had here. Looks like slab pies are a thing. I’ve seen heart shaped pies. In my world I have no preference if it has crust a fruit or crème filling I’m game to give it a try.

No but good luck finding a Non round Pie tin.

Isn't a cobbler a biscuit based endeavor?
The cobbler I grew up with had a bottom crust and top crust with pieces of crust mixed in the filling. The crust was a semi-sweet biscuit dough rolled out to accomodate the shape of the baking dish. The filling had flour in it to thicken it some. The bottom layer of crust was baked off, the filling added and the top crust was laid on and crimped, then baked.

If you mixed a batter liked substance into the filling and tried to pass it off as cobbler, fingers were pointed.

Last edited:
It’s not a pie if it’s not a circle.. and what sort of serial killer makes a pie in any other shape than a circle?

If not, it’s a cobbler.

I think the construction and not the shape makes a pie a pie.
Also:
I like pie.

Back