Watched a documentary called Dinosaur 13 on Hulu... Very Good story about a T-Rex fossil named Sue, Government over reach, & greed...
Is that the Sue from South Dakota?

Reactions: KEV
Yes... Sue belongs to the Black Hills where she was found.
I actually lived out there at the base of the Black Hills when Sue was discovered. I remember thinking that was such a cool discovery and was really bummed when it was sold and moved out of state. That was a huge headline for a long time. I wanted to be an archeologist for the longest time because of it.

There's also a very interesting Mammoth dig site out there that I loved visiting as a kid. Heck we took our kids there last year and it was still super interesting to me.

I actually lived out there at the base of the Black Hills when Sue was discovered. I remember thinking that was such a cool discovery and was really bummed when it was sold and moved out of state. That was a huge headline for a long time. I wanted to be an archeologist for the longest time because of it.

There's also a very interesting Mammoth dig site out there that I loved visiting as a kid. Heck we took our kids there last year and it was still super interesting to me.
The Black Hills have such a rich story...
Crazy Horse
Custer & The 7th Calvary
Mount Rushmore
Sue

Reactions: KEV
Anyone that’s into 60’s/70’s rock and roll, “Beware if Mr. Baker” is a good one about Ginger Baker. Dudes a lunatic.

Watched the Delorean one on Netflix. I love the story, but didn’t care for the documentary.

Watched the Delorean one on Netflix. I love the story, but didn’t care for the documentary.
The set reenactment scenes were very distracting...

I watched the Enron documentary on HBO and it was really good.

Granted, I haven't seen the film, so I don't know the politics of all that transpired with sue, but I recall being delighted as a kid to hear she was finding a permanent home at the Field Museum. As much as the fossil could have stayed in SD, I think I agree with the idea of putting her on display at one of the most famous, and accessible natural history museums in the world.

If you liked History Channel’s The Men Who Build America, I recommend it’s sequel The Titans Who Built America & The Food Who Built America...

Both available On Demand under The History Channel...

If you liked History Channel’s The Men Who Build America, I recommend it’s sequel The Titans Who Built America & The Food Who Built America...

You’re welcome 😂😂😂

I haven't seen the Titans but the Food Who Built America was very good. My 7 year old loves history and last weekend we were talking about starting The Men Who Built America again so he could watch it.

I haven't seen the Titans but the Food Who Built America was very good. My 7 year old loves history and last weekend we were talking about starting The Men Who Built America again so he could watch it.
Titans picks up where Men left off, 1912 ish... Ford, DuPont, Chrysler, JP Morgan Jr., Boeing, Lindbergh & FDR.

Last edited:
The Paul McCartney and Rick Rubin series on Hulu has been great so far. They sit at a mixing board and dissect Beatles songs.

Playing with Sharks is a great doc about Valerie Taylor and her amazing life studying sharks. One of my fav docs I have seen in a long time!

“How to become a Tyrant” on Netflix is really good.

While I didn’t like “Framing John DeLorean”, I did like “Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean”... Both on Netflix.

Fastball on Prime is good if you like baseball

While I didn’t like “Framing John DeLorean”, I did like “Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean”... Both on Netflix.
Thanks! I’ll have to look for the Myth & Mogul one. See if it’s on the Canadian version of Netflix…

I just watched the Bob Ross documentary on Netflix, it is really good, makes you look at Bob Ross Inc. in a different light.

I just watched the Bob Ross documentary on Netflix, it is really good, makes you look at Bob Ross Inc. in a different light.
My wife won't watch it with me because she doesn't want her view of him to be tarnished.

We've been watching The Movies That Made Us and have enjoyed it. There's some pretty interesting things we've learned about a few different movies we love.

Back