Do your peers influence your WITB

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious to see if it has any influence.

Well, yeah. ddec told me the 16° 816 Fairway wood had a ridiculous MOI. So, I ordered one, before I ever touched one.

Well, yeah. ddec told me the 16° 816 Fairway wood had a ridiculous MOI. So, I ordered one, before I ever touched one.

The Dean had spoken.... Never a bad thing I guess.

if I see something in someone's bag that intrigues me and they hit it well, I'll generally get interested in it. if guys on the forum who seem to have similar games to mine love something I'll also start looking into it a bit more. so I guess my answer is "yes."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. It's hard to to out something in the bag when you hear so many great things about it.

To some extent. More my peers than any tour player.

I would def say that if someone raves about a specific club, I'll look at it.

Well I mean we all read reviews here. So I guess that is influence :)

I never would've even considered putting a heavenwood in the bag without hitting ddec's, so yeah…

Yes of course a few people around here know what I like and like to give me a nudge every now and then

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Absolutely.. I would say that on several occasions a club or a specific shaft have been recommended by a peer and I will always try them. With the fantastic reviews on the site and input from other THPers, it is hard not to have an influence on my bag.

Nah not really. I read reviews, I watch reviews, but at the end of the day I play what I think looks good and performs to my standards.

I read reviews from my peers here and that helps me make a decision. However, the thing that really seals the deal is actually trying it and seeing how it performs.

I am certainly influenced to a certain point but I wouldn't say that point is the cash register. If a friend or reviewer is raving about something I'll be sure to try it out first, but it still needs to perform for me.

Yes, THP is the biggest group of equipment enablers I've ever seen. As for the guys I typically play with, none of them care a ton about equipment as long as it isn't broken. I change what I game about 4 times as quickly as they do.

I don't think so. If they did I would probably have a full bag of Titleist and an empty wallet.

Now peer pressure to carry out a ponder...different story.

I will pay attention to what other golfers think of gear who have similar games to mine. I know there are some who like equipment I have no business gaming, so I read and appreciate their reviews, but know I need to steer clear of that segment based on my game.

It may help push me words a product to test but ultimately it has to work for me.

Here, yes. Among my regular playing partners, no. Matter of fact, I run counter to many in that I very rarely notice what equipment others are playing. Putter and maybe driver are hard not to notice but the rest, rarely do.

Just the opposite ... I think I influence my playing partners bags.

Definitely, I'm weak. If I see something is working for someone else with my similar skill set or if the equipment just fits my eye I'm very likely to at least test it out.

I have received very little helpful advice from any peers relating to equipment. Some peers tell me to use Pro V's or Bridgestone B333's or a certain Taylormade or Callaway club, etc. Then when I test those things out they just don't work for my game. The only helpful advice I received from a peer is when he said to go with Ping Irons.

I definitely pay attention to reviews here and my friends opinions. That gets me to test the club. In the end it's gotta perform for me with my swing to make the bag and stay. Making it in the bag is usually the easy part. The staying however... lol

I don't think so. If they did I would probably have a full bag of Titleist and an empty wallet.

Now peer pressure to carry out a ponder...different story.

Hey now ... what are you trying to say?? Don't knock my bag now!

No they don't. I read the reviews here but until I hit before I buy and get what is best and most appealing to me.

Back