Do you still go to the Theater/ Cinema ?

bat21

Reaction score
Handicap
I deliver freight adjacent to a "cinema" in the Tri-City area of the Columbia Basin city of Pasco, here in Wa. st.

The parking lot is usually near empty, save for maybe 10-20 vehicles.

It is always in the p.m. from 7:30 to about 9:00 albeit on Monday nights.

Still seems a bit dead, even tho it's a mon. night.

Your prediction of how much longer movie houses will still be able to make a profit, and keep the doors open?

I still enjoy going to the theater to watch blockbuster type movies. Sound and picture are top notch as is the popcorn and snacks.

Heck yea if there’s a movie where I want the theater experience, I head there.

I'm pretty sure the last time I went to the movies was 2015. The experience was ok, but the movie sucked. I'm content to wait for streaming and watch things at home.

Nope. Haven't gone for a long, long time. Maybe twenty years?

We go as a family to kids movies for my girls. They love movies, popcorn and cherry coke.

I can't remember the last movie I went to for myself. I will watch them at home.

I have not for a long time, probably 2-3 years. Whenever I pass one I think about how much I enjoy the experience. Need to set up a date night with the wife!

I go watch a couple movies a year, same as ever. Movies are definitely a weekend thing. The one close to us is always busy in the weekend. One weird thing I have noticed though is that when a new theatre opens an old one always closes. That tells me the demand is not growing.

We've been to a few since covid started. First time was nice, we were the only ones in the theater. That was during peak covid but we never really locked down around here so traffic was down but not by a lot. Can't remember the movie. Second was bad because we went to a riff raff theater with all the riff raff jabbering on cellphones and whatnot, and of course the theater employees don't care. That was my bad because I knew better than to see a movie there. Saw Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City which was actually pretty decent if you like horror. Last one was Beast. What a piece of crap that was. But we went to a higher end theater so at least got some good popcorn to eat and didn't have to put up with the idiots. Definitely go again if anything watchable comes out.

I still go for the big ones... but if I'm on the fence, I skip it and watch at home.

Enjoy a movie here/there. Usually with my family on visits outta town.

Have not been to a movie house in probably 20-25 years. Don't expect to be in one anytime soon.

No particular reason for not going. I usually just wait for the dvd copy to come out. Plus my popcorn is way less expensive. :D

We keep talking about going but haven’t yet. We came close when the Top Gun movie came out. Our theater is pretty crowded on weekends and on Tuesdays when they have $5 admissions.

Haven't been to the theatre is about 4 years since we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody. Not opposed to going we just have not had the urge to see something before streaming release since that movie.

I enjoy going to the movies, but haven't been in ages. Just don't like to go alone. I've bit the bullet for a couple things. I should go again.

Of course. Sometimes, the experience of going to see a movie in a theater is necessary.

Not really wanted to pay the overcharged prices for something I'll eventually watch at home.

Covid never really changed that but we did take our daughter to the new Lion King during that time for her.

I agree on sound, picture but should I drive all that way for a potential dud?

I like the ones that have recline seats & a bar tho, bit that brings other problems into play.

We still go to the theater. Definitely some movies are meant to be seen on the big screen. Kids enjoy going as well

Lat movie I saw in the theatre was No Time to Die.

I don't see myself going until my son is old enough. It was something my dad and I did together but that was the only time I'd really go. Doesn't feel right without him but I look forward to going with my kid.

Haven't been to a movie theater in at least a quarter century, for so many reasons.

I can’t remember the last time I went to a movie theatre. Maybe a decade ago?

Yes.
Prior to Covid watched Dunkirk, Darkest Hour and 1917. Casablanca TCM classic movies at the theatre also. Recently Top Gun. All these movies are a must see in the theatre in my opinion. Don't like comic book movies. Of course, each to his own.

I deliver freight adjacent to a "cinema" in the Tri-City area of the Columbia Basin city of Pasco, here in Wa. st.

The parking lot is usually near empty, save for maybe 10-20 vehicles.

It is always in the p.m. from 7:30 to about 9:00 albeit on Monday nights.

Still seems a bit dead, even tho it's a mon. night.

Your prediction of how much longer movie houses will still be able to make a profit, and keep the doors open?
Firstly, welcome to my hometown :cool: Well, close... I grew up in Kennewick/Richland across the river.

Second, the only movie i've been to post Covid was The Batman and it was at a drink + dinner theater that turns it into a whole experience. Was pretty awesome but can't afford that more than once or twice a year for a movie I'm really excited for. Lastly, I remember how popular going to the movies was for kids in middle school and high school on weekend nights. Is that still a thing? Do parents drop their kids off at the mall?

Yes. If there is anything worth seeing. Its hit or miss but I like to see the blockbusters like MCU and Top Gun in the theaters.

Back