Do you Night Golf?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Played Cabot Citrus a few weeks back, and saw that they popped up in an article about the 11 best night-golf courses. I've never played an "official" round of night golf, but have been intrigued by it.

For those that have, how was it? Worth giving it a shot or not worth it?

Link to the article; https://golf.com/travel/best-night-golf-courses-united-states/

I wish even 1 course by me had a lit course

I very badly want to go on a golf trip that includes rounds at night.

BADLY.
Me too, absolutely intrigued by playing a full round of night golf.

I so want to play night golf....

I have, but it was many years ago. It's fun, I'd do it occasionally if we had a night course anywhere near us.

also, can't believe I clicked on a golf dot dbag link. Damn you, Beags.
Sorry. Google News tricked me with fancy photos of a well-lit golf course.

I have before.
I love the short game area at Briggs Ranch for night time fun more than actually playing rounds though.

Never played- don't know if there's any courses around here that offer it, but would love to try!

I'm not used to clicking on 'top' course links with one I've played haha

The 9 hole at PGA Frisco is fun, but I am not sure it belongs on a top anything list.

I have before.
I love the short game area at Briggs Ranch for night time fun more than actually playing rounds though.
That's what has me curious. Is it more of a hassle than it's worth playing from tee to green at night vs night time short game/range/putting?

I used to play night golf regularly. I've never played on a course with lighting though. We also used the glowing Night Flyer golf balls that light up on impact. It's the most fun I've ever had on a golf course.

That's what has me curious. Is it more of a hassle than it's worth playing from tee to green at night vs night time short game/range/putting?
I am going to absolutely sound like a #SkyFister in this moment.
I have done it probably half a dozen times and not once did the conditions or the group match what I would want in an experience on the golf course.

Thats the nicest way to say it I think.

i played at mariner's point a couple of years back. it was a lot of fun but the lighting wasn't always the best on some holes. that being said, i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I have before.
I came in here to mention Briggs... it was so much fun. Especially after "The Speech."

Part of it depends on how well lit the course is, and how well you keep your ball in the lights. On the one I used to play, the fairways and greens were lit up pretty well, but if you hit a bad shot way offline, it got pretty dark out in the rough. I wasn't a very good golfer at the time, so I lost a few balls to the darkness.

I came in here to mention Briggs... it was so much fun. Especially after "The Speech."
"30 minutes of ball hitting...."

There was a night golf place around here, but it wasn't a super nice course. It was mostly for 20-somethings to go get hammered and smoke weed at. Obviously pace of play wasn't good and the course smelled like weed.

But yes i've played it

There is a range here with lights I will go to from time to time. But there is no night golf here. I have played night golf and it was fun, but it has been a while.

Never played any actual night golf here, it would be fun I think but it would need to be the proper atmosphere.

Maybe glow in the dark balls would help too?

I am going to absolutely sound like a #SkyFister in this moment.
I have done it probably half a dozen times and not once did the conditions or the group match what I would want in an experience on the golf course.

Thats the nicest way to say it I think.
I get it.

It's one of those things that sounds great in theory, but the experience would have to be perfect for it to be great. So many things have to be right for it to be good.

Back