Do you like windy golf?

I don't mind wind under 10mph at all unless the temperatures are below 50°. I'll play in steady winds up to about 20mph unless the gusts are forecast to be greater than 25.

I played today in a gusty mess. It was fine. Hit 300 yard bomb off one tee and a 215 drive off of the next tee in opposite direction.

Love it. Gives me a built in excuse. "I would have shot great if not for all this damn wind":ROFLMAO:

Hahaha :LOL:

It’s funny, I love it, but, it’s always windy here.
Ball flight is too high…. Have learned to play it but would rather not if I could help it. Lol!

I don't mind the wind! Usually means that there aren't any flying insects around! Nice tradeoff in my opinion!

I get to play so rarely nowadays that I take a "beggars can't be choosers" point of view. Is it ideal? Probably not. Do I enjoy the time I get to go out and hit the ball? Yep.

Title says it. You like wind golf? Or, does it intimidate you?

It was cool one day last weekend , but 3 days was excessive.

Being in Kansas, it's just something you adapt to. I actually find it a little unsettling when it's too calm.

I actually enjoy it. I usually have an advantage into the wind because I can flight the ball down better than most.

Like most everyone else, I prefer little to no wind.... but, I understand where some are coming from, in that it gets your creative juices flowing. I’ve actually had a couple of really nice rounds playing in some formidable wind. Don’t want to play if it’s TOO windy & cold.

Being in Kansas, it's just something you adapt to. I actually find it a little unsettling when it's too calm.
Truth. You learn to play in it, or you just don’t ever play.

I actually enjoy it. I usually have an advantage into the wind because I can flight the ball down better than most.
Same! (y)

Anything under 20mph is okay, not a big fan though.

Hate it. So much. Not because it's difficult to judge the wind, but because I overthink the piss out of it and hit shots that are just unneeded at times instead of just walking up and hitting it.

Those shots though sometimes are pretty fun for no reason though, so there is that :/

It will not stop me from playing at all but not my favorite.

Not a fan, when it's into me, 16 out of 18 holes.... I'm looking at you Vegas!

Don’t like playing in windy conditions at all in the desert.

Seeing this thread, I am aware there are many different contexts for this.

A little breeze on a hot muggy day is always welcome.
A gusting wind blowing freezing rain in your face? Not so much.
Wind in some locales isn't an option, it's a constant.
A consistent 1-2 club wind can be a welcome challenge.
An up and down swirling wind that is constantly changing direction and force can be frustrating.
Some winds are literally unplayable, but some locales experience these type of winds and others never do.

The context or the type of wind we are talking about matters.

Have gone out a few times on days which were hurricane days just to experience the craziness......Ha

I don't get enough height on my shots for it to bother me. On a hot summer day I actually welcome it, during the winter months I would rather not play in it, but it wouldn't stop me from playing.

Don’t like playing in windy conditions at all in the desert.
...especially if the 'wind' we are talking about is a sand storm.🤔

Most of the time I’d rather play golf in the wind than not at all.

Back