Do you know your Anti-Handicap?

PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Most people know about handicaps and many know how they are calculated. But do you know your Anti-Handicap? Instead of your best 8 most recent 20 rounds, this is your 8 WORST most recent 20 rounds. The difference between the two is basically how variable your game is from round to round.

My current GHIN handicap is 17.0
My current anti-HDCP is 28.4 (Bad days very bad lol)

Some apps calculate this for you, I think. I calc my own in a spreadsheet because I'm a data guy and Excel is fun lol

TheGrint does this calculation for you. My current GHIN is 20.6 and my Anti is 36.6. I feel this might be a tad skewed by this being my first season back in a while and keeping a handicap and my first rounds were all above 100 and by end of the season I'm shooting high 80s low 90s. I'm looking forward to seeing how the numbers evolve.

Most people know about handicaps and many know how they are calculated. But do you know your Anti-Handicap? Instead of your best 8 most recent 20 rounds, this is your 8 WORST most recent 20 rounds. The difference between the two is basically how variable your game is from round to round.

Some apps calculate this for you, I think. I calc my own in a spreadsheet because I'm a data guy and Excel is fun lol
This sounds like it was a very fun experiment. I honestly don’t think I want to know mine 😂 the computer wouldn’t make it out alive.
Music Video Smoke GIF by amuse

Mine is most likely not that different. Maybe a couple points higher, but I don't have a ton of variation in my scores, for better or worse.

I don't and not sure I want to know it right now.

Yes and my current handicap is 12.7 with an anti handicap of 20.8.

Not good:
My current is 11.82
My Anti is 21.31 (A one off terrible round of 102 kicked this anti in the teeth)

where are you guys finding your anti cap on the Grint?

I'm at 9.8 with a 13.1 anti-handicap.
where are you guys finding your anti cap on the Grint?
Click on Stats and it is there under your handicap.

Mine is better than I thought. I am a 4.2 right now and my anti is 10.0 flat.

11.9 vs 19.0

HC is 19.4

Anti is 26.1 if I calculated it correctly.

Regular is 14.1 and the anti is 19.

For the end of the 2023 season:
6.9 HC
13.4 AHC

a 6.5 differential is better than I thought. Still, some high rounds in the mix.

Yep I’m sure it would have jumped exponentially if I put my singles match from Vic Nat in there, whew buddy.

1698680440752.png

My index is +1.5 and my anti would be ~3.0

I don't have any numbers but I'd guess its around 11

I'm at 9.8 with a 13.1 anti-handicap.

Click on Stats and it is there under your handicap.
I must be missing something...
1698680987902.png

My GHIN is a 5.0 and my anti-handicap is a 10.3.

Current: 0.1
Anti: 6.0

Crap has no numeric value.

Well I don't feel so bad. I feel 6 strokes is fairly consistent.
Current Handicap 14.7
Anti Handicap 20.7

Hmm I don’t, but I’m sure it’ll like 42 or whatever the max is lol!

Back