Do you have a golf reputation?

mtbloco

Grandaddy X!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Everyone has aspects of their game that they identify with. But what aspects of your game do your golf buddies attribute to you?

Are you the bomber, the stick, never miss a putt guy, The Hot head, trash talker, Party guy…or even the Busseller?

Is there something about your golf game that has become your golf reputation?

If you’ve played golf with a THPer, what would you consider their golf reputation? Tag them here and let’s have some fun talking golf.

I think everyone knows I’m an awful putter.

Swing hard. Stone hands.

@robrandalgz gave me my first golf reputation…. Great from the ****. I have a lot of practice playing from there. So tend to make things happen due to sheer number of opportunities.

Everyone has aspects of their game that they identify with. But what aspects of your game do your golf buddies attribute to you?

Are you the bomber, the stick, never miss a putt guy, The Hot head, trash talker, Party guy…or even the Busseller?

Is there something about your golf game that has become your golf reputation?

If you’ve played golf with a THPer, what would you consider their golf reputation? Tag them here and let’s have some fun talking golf.
Divot finder… that’s me. Sheesh. I’ve been in more divots….

@robrandalgz gave me my first golf reputation…. Great from the ****. I have a lot of practice playing from there. So tend to make things happen due to sheer number of opportunities.
Match that up with where your game is heading right now and, brother...................🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Lol, this 100%.

When you play from the junk a lot, you tend to get good at playing from there.

My golf buddies that I play with 3x/week swear I can get up and down from anywhere. That's a pretty gross exaggeration and if it was true my handicap would be a lot lower than it is, but I do rely pretty heavily on my short game and can occasionally hit some halfway decent shots with a wedge. It would be a lot less work if I just hit more greens with my approach shots instead! 😆

Great question. I honestly don't know. I've played with a bunch of THPers and still wouldn't know how to answer. Maybe I'm the oblivious guy.

@ddec once said I had soft hands but I think he was making fun of my short game. 😂

Great question. I honestly don't know. I've played with a bunch of THPers and still wouldn't know how to answer. Maybe I'm the oblivious guy.

@ddec once said I had soft hands but I think he was making fun of my short game. 😂
The most gentle touch.

We don’t need to call @Doubleb21 out. We all know that he’s the nice guy to play golf with.

All except that whole Bisselling thing.... 😆
season 5 episode 6 GIF by Workaholics

@oumagic ’s reputation is cashing checks for his partners trash talk. That may have been tested in Alabama. But he’s carried every team I’ve been on with him.

I'm with @Davidhibler and not really sure. I sometimes worry, as I'm a bit self-conscious, and know I can be a bit emotional. haha

I'll have to think about those I've played with...

I'm with @Davidhibler and not really sure. I sometimes worry, as I'm a bit self-conscious, and know I can be a bit emotional. haha

I'll have to think about those I've played with...
I think @OldandStiff would say you’re an assassin from distance the way you closed him out.

I’m the guy with the smooth swing but doesn’t score as well as he should.

I’m probably known as the guy who thinks his ball has ears. And the guy who’s always just on the cusp of playing good golf. Been that way since I started.

@PPFour12 is just a sneaky player. He just plugs along under the radar and ends up with a decent score. Also, quieter than I expected which adds to the sneakiness.

@TWright971 is a 7W/hybrid assassin. I’m never counting him out of a hole just because he removes a headcover before a shot. I swear he’s just as accurate with a 7W as most people are with an iron.

I think @OldandStiff would say you’re an assassin from distance the way you closed him out.
More than likely thinks I got too many pops. LOL @OldandStiff is a bomber, and as everyone knows, Mr. Content. He's as supportive as he is a fantastic golfer.

The two THPers I've played most are @ArmyGolf and @SkiBumGolfer. While I haven't played with either in too long, I would say @ArmyGolf has always been able to get up and down from anywhere and hit's bombs. @SkiBumGolfer is mr steady, never out of things and always solid. They are two of my favorite people to be around, let alone golf with.

Last edited:
I’m probably known as the guy who thinks his ball has ears. And the guy who’s always just on the cusp of playing good golf. Been that way since I started.

@PPFour12 is just a sneaky player. He just plugs along under the radar and ends up with a decent score. Also, quieter than I expected which adds to the sneakiness.

@TWright971 is a 7W/hybrid assassin. I’m never counting him out of a hole just because he removes a headcover before a shot. I swear he’s just as accurate with a 7W as most people are with an iron.

You telling people I’m actually a bit of a quiet person might damage my reputation around here as a raging lunatic, hahaha.

I’m the over confident guy. I think my game is way better than it is because I hit that one shot that one time and I think it’s coming again on every swing 😂

You telling people I’m actually a bit of a quiet person might damage my reputation around here as a raging lunatic, hahaha.
Like I said. Sneaky.

Yeah. I almost fell asleep playing golf with you. Dude never said anything.

😂

I’m the over confident guy. I think my game is way better than it is because I hit that one shot that one time and I think it’s coming again on every swing 😂
Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Back