Do you comply to USGA Rule 12-2? How do you mark your golf ball?

To imply that anyone who doesn't mark their ball every time they tee one up is somehow naturally going to break every other rule of golf on a regular basis is just plain wrong. Besides, I always know which is my ball, it is always the one farthest from the tee sitting right in the middle of the fairway, right?

To imply that anyone who doesn't mark their ball every time they tee one up is somehow naturally going to break every other rule of golf on a regular basis is just plain wrong. Besides, I always know which is my ball, it is always the one farthest from the tee sitting right in the middle of the fairway, right?

+2. Not sure why anyone would say such a thing.

I would usually put a line through the logo and black out the number. Now i cross out the logo and put the number 74 over the printed number in memory of my g-pa who absolutely loved golf and loved watching me play tournaments.

I use a tin cup..... a bear

got my golf dotz today and gave them a try. they worked very very well and lasted without any probs. no signs of wear after 8 hole (i lost 2 balls prior but they also had intact dotz last time i saw them!) was a bit of a talking point with my golf partners as well.

look much better than marker but a very expensive option if you consider the cost of a tincup and a few coloured sharpies in comparison. still i dont mind the outlay because they make me smile. i only wish they did full sheets of yellow smilies instead of the mixed sets.

got my golf dotz today and gave them a try. they worked very very well and lasted without any probs. no signs of wear after 8 hole (i lost 2 balls prior but they also had intact dotz last time i saw them!) was a bit of a talking point with my golf partners as well.

look much better than marker but a very expensive option if you consider the cost of a tincup and a few coloured sharpies in comparison. still i dont mind the outlay because they make me smile. i only wish they did full sheets of yellow smilies instead of the mixed sets.
I was thinking of getting some of those, but weren't sure how long they'd last. You answered that question.:)

Other than that I put a circle around the number around the ball.

a dot on each side of the number and 95% of the time a use a putting line, sometimes i leave a couple balls without one in case my dad wants to try a couple, he hates the putting line lol

Many marks on mine, either green or orange. I just wanna be able to identify it easily. My kids intitials on opposite ends (S over an L), dots over the ball's number, another dot opposite the model name/alignment aid.

that is awesome! good for you. i have to be honest, i rarely mark my golf ball and if i do, it's my sons initials.

Same here, except when I do mark it I use a shamrock.

My initials

I was thinking of getting some of those, but weren't sure how long they'd last. You answered that question.:)

Other than that I put a circle around the number around the ball.

i really like them and will get more. best way i found to put them on is to line it up on the centre of 4 dimples the press lightly so initial adhesision is made. then, with the backing over it, press down hard on it with rubber on the end of a pencil for a few seconds. then use the lead end to work over from inside to out to push air bubbles out and ensure good adhesision in the dimples.

when done i take of the backing and rub directly with my finger to build up friction heat and make sure it is well stuck down.

a bit more complex than instructed but gets me the best and smoothest results.

i really like them and will get more. best way i found to put them on is to line it up on the centre of 4 dimples the press lightly so initial adhesision is made. then, with the backing over it, press down hard on it with rubber on the end of a pencil for a few seconds. then use the lead end to work over from inside to out to push air bubbles out and ensure good adhesision in the dimples.

when done i take of the backing and rub directly with my finger to build up friction heat and make sure it is well stuck down.

a bit more complex than instructed but gets me the best and smoothest results.
Thanks! I like the scorpions.

Marking your golf ball

Marking your golf ball

A random golf thought popped into my head. I marked my ball this way so nobody else would mistake my ball for theirs and hit it before I could get to my ball. Any of you find that really annoying when that happens?

I always mark my ball.

Doesn't mean it will stop people from accidently hitting your ball.

merged w/ another thread on the topic.

I'm the only one in my usual group that's hitting either a :srixon: or :callaway:, so it doesn't matter. :smile-big:
Those Titleist snobs would NEVER hit an "off-brand" ball. :eyepoke:

j/k

I'm the only one in my group that's hitting either a :srixon: or :callaway:, so it doesn't matter. :smile-big:
Those Titleist snobs would NEVER hit an "off-brand" ball. :eyepoke:

j/k

You need to talk to Ole Gray about keeping your balls warm. :D I certainly had a mark on my yellow Bridgestone Saturday with all 4 of us starting the round hitting a yellow ball. I mark it anyway, but I made sure the marks were showing up very big then.

I use an orange sharpie and mark my ball according to what I'm playing.
On TaylorMade balls, I normally just color in the "T" on each side. On others I usually circle the number and then color in the circle.
Every now and then I'll get crazy and do something else. :D

Always a black sharpie and I circle the number on both sides.

I black out the numbers, very simple, but effective!

I mark my balls with a purple aiming line over the name of the ball. I meant to buy a black sharpie, but it was dark in the pro shop..

I put a black line though the ball model mark (ie One Tour, BR330RXTour)

Dots on either side of name with blue sharpie

Single dot next to number and line over type of ball on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back