Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
You know the plane is about to push back and the half hearted demand to put your small electronic devices into airplane mode.

Do you do it?

My friend who is in the air force told me it was not necessary (which makes total sense) so I never put it in airplane mode. What can I say, I am a real rebel. Or I am just insanely lazy.

New York No GIF by HULU

No. I don’t flaunt that I’m using it during takeoffs etc to keep the peace. But no airplane mode.
I can be swayed if there’s a decent argument, but I can’t be bothered is all.

I do just to be safe though with todays tech I’m not sure it really makes a difference

I do. because it will eat your battery trying to connect once you are cruising.

Not unless the flight attendant sees me and tells me to turn it off and stands there until I do

I usually turn off my phone on flights, i'm always travelling with my laptop so i just watch the media stuff on that

I do sometimes and I don't some times. I do, if there is not a seat charger. Constantly looking for a signal makes the battery die. Plus if the plane does not have the entertainment screens in the seat and you use your phone. You have to have it in airplane mode to connect to the free wifi to get on the whatever app to watch movies. But, if there is a charger and there is a screen. Then I don't worry about it.

I do. I know that I’m flying so schedule things accordingly.

I understand that the rule is there now so that people are paying attention if things go sideways on takeoff and landing.

Always. I read, watch movies, eat or sleep during flights. Don't need a connection.

I do not, I bluetooth music into the hearing aids makes for a much nicer flight.

I don’t anymore. I also ignore the “no cell phones” signs at hospitals / doctors office etc. my phone lives in silent mode, and no one has ever noticed or mentioned anything.

I do not, I bluetooth music into the hearing aids makes for a much nicer flight.
You can use airplane mode but keep bluetooth on FWIW.

You can use airplane mode but keep bluetooth on FWIW.
In my best Johnny Carson voice, "I did not know that." Thanks!

I put it in airplane mode and then just use their wifi to watch whatever they have. I’ll kill my battery that way vs signal search the entire time

Yep. No reason that I need service on a flight when there is wifi.

With the amount of notifications most people get now when they HAVE a cellular signal (Facebook, X, Instagram, Tiktok, Tinder and grindr, various other)

I wonder if searching for a signal actually drains the battery more than having a signal and being pinged so often.

But just wondering aloud here

I do, because I follow the rules, I like rules.

Really though, I just do it because the majority of the time I am asleep or using in flight entertainment. I am not a big fan of being on my phone doing things during a flight.

I do it for battery saving purposes, mainly so the phone isnt constantly searching for a signal and draining battery.

Yes or just turn it off.

I do and then connect to the internet if the flight is long enough. I don't want to be that person that their phone rings while in the air lol

I do. If I want to use airplane wifi, it has to be off and I want to save the battery.

Yes, not clear why you wouldn't...?

I do it for battery saving purposes, mainly so the phone isnt constantly searching for a signal and draining battery.
Same, but I have forgotten about it certain flights as well.

Back