Do you add anything to Mac and Cheese?

I’ve had a hot dog on the side occasionally but straight up most of the time.

Occasionally have some hot dogs in there but mostly just regular.

Buffalo chicken with dealer's choice ranch or blue cheese.

Nope, kids don’t want that, they get mad. Hahaha

Smoked sausage on the side, and sautéed zucchini but don't mix it in.

Also, a great side with K Mac & Cheese is canned tuna. Sounds weird, but they work well together when you need a quick, filling lunch.

Hot sauce or fresh diced birds eye chillies.

Something I don't eat, unless my 7 yo has ordered it.
I like to make "grown up mac n cheese". I make the noodles. Layer noodles then cheese and herbs/spices, then more noodles, then more cheese and herbs/spices. Make sure the top layer is cheese. Then I drizzle heavy cream into the pasta through the the cheese. Put it into the oven, 375° and let it bake until the top layer is a good baked brown color. It's decedent and not good for your arteries, but good for the soul.

We buy the Velveeta Shells and Cheese boxes, and usually add taco meat (seasoned ground beef). We also usually add more cheese, either Tostitos Queso sauce or one of the Velveeta cheese sauce packets. I've been known to throw in onions and peppers to make it a casserole of sorts as well. It's a meal by itself.

Chili works great, too.

I like to make "grown up mac n cheese". I make the noodles. Layer noodles then cheese and herbs/spices, then more noodles, then more cheese and herbs/spices. Make sure the top layer is cheese. Then I drizzle heavy cream into the pasta through the the cheese. Put it into the oven, 375° and let it bake until the top layer is a good baked brown color. It's decedent and not good for your arteries, but good for the soul.
This almost sounds like how I make my several cheese potatoes au gratin

Usually add Sriracha, buffalo sauce, or hot sauce on the 2nd go round to mix it up.

Only the stuff that is already in the trash can! haha

I will make 2 boxes of Mac and cheese, cook up some hamburger, then also some mixed veggies in a steam fresh pouch or i will use Trader Joes mexican street corn and nix it all up together for a goulash ..... eat on it for a couple of days

Hard to beat a little bit of chili mac n cheese!

cayenne pepper!

That’s a dad meal if there ever was one! I always cut the hotdogs lengthwise first though, gotta watch the choking hazard.

That’s a dad meal if there ever was one! I always cut the hotdogs lengthwise first though, gotta watch the choking hazard.
This sounds like a pro tip.

In season? Lobster Mac n cheese

Rotel and ground beef reminds me of college, so I will do that every now and then. Other than that, I'm pretty open. Caramelized onions, jalapenos, ground meat, anything spicy, etc.

Your kid only chokes once before you’re paranoid. Trust me. It wasn’t a hot dog, but scared the hell outta me.
Heck ya, same with grapes.

Back many moons ago after a long night at the bar a friend used to make his "famous" kraft mac and cheese...he added kraft singles to the pot after everything was cooked and mixed :ROFLMAO:

Back