Anyone have any tips on how to hit punch shots with a hybrid? To me that’s what I feel I really give up when taking hybrids deeper into the bag

Anyone have any tips on how to hit punch shots with a hybrid? To me that’s what I feel I really give up when taking hybrids deeper into the bag

I have a 4h and 5h. I’m considering a 6h. I will say punches I will always use 7i. If I need to, I’ll put it way back in my stance and deloft it as needed.

Blade it 🤷‍♂️

I’ve held off putting a 6h in my bag partly because of this as a hooded 6i is usually my punch out club. But I’ve found lately I can play the ball back of my stance and hit a little quarter to half swing punch with a 4h or 5w and works just as good to get back into play and advance the ball up towards the green. So now I’m pondering the 6h again.

Yup; G430 6H recently added to the bag which nicely fills the gap between my 9W (that's right, I said 9W) and 7i. I like it so much that I'm seriously considering getting the G430 7H to replace my 7i!

Having a slow swing speed, I am much better able to hit lofted woods and hybrids with the height needed to stay on the green than I am with irons.
G430 9 wood?

With the 5 hybrid thread recently coming back to life I thought we also talk about 6 hybrids.

Who has one in the bag? What made you put it in? How’s it working out?
9.3 handicaps don't use 6 hybrids 😝

Last edited:
G430 9 wood?

Currently a Cally Epic Max, however I like the G430 hybrid so much that I'll probably get the 9W. I was thinking about new irons (probably G430s) for 2024, but the Ping Webfit continues to recommend G710s with Recoil shafts and I like them so no need to change.

Last edited:
I 7w 9w 5h 6h....probably adding the 7h real soon

Last edited:
I gamed an LTDx 6h last year. Currently gaming a 5h as my 6h. I hit it a couple yards too long so I'm going to shorten it a little.

9.3 handicaps don't use 6 hybrids 😝
I’m probably around 6-7 cap right now and I’m considering it. All about what gets the ball into the hole easier. Today I shot a +3 38 and first shot of the day was a yanked 6i that led to a double bogey. I’m guessing 6h is on or just off the green if I had one in the bag 😀

My 28 degree 6-hybrid fits between my 7-wood and 6-iron (older/weaker loft). He one added usefulness for me is chipping around greens with tight lies.

same4 way I do it with my lofed fairways. Play it a ball or two back on your stance and keep the hands quiet.

I picked up a Lazrus 6 hybrid just to see if they were any good and it’s been in my bag ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes. Ping G430 6 and 7 Hybrids. They are insanely easy to hit. I’d game an 8 as well if they made it. Yeah. I’m that guy. High, straight and dependable. What’s not to like?!?

I don't but probably should. I have less confidence is hitting a 6 iron well than any other club in my bag. Typically grab the 5 hybrid and choke down or take a little off of it instead of pulling the 6 iron.
This pretty much nails it for me and my relationship with the 6i.

Negative.

I don’t hybrid in general. That said my guest this weekend has a 6 hybrid and a 6 iron which go different distances and he hits the heck out of the 6h.

Yes. I just recently put the Aerojet 6h in my bag. I have been playing the 5h and its performance led me to consider. It only took me a couple of swings to realize that the 6h was for me. Outstanding launch, trajectory, distance and forgiveness for me. And so much easier for me to hit than an iron. I have so much confidence in the 5h and 6h.

Back