DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

I tend to go early or late. On Sundays, it is better because no kids at clinics. Sometimes, I just go to the two short game areas, and put some balls down on the larger short game area and hit some balls off the hill. I've been going there since 2008 so I've seen the management changes. The current mgmt is better.
am a bridlewood person, happy to play anytime..just heard a good bit of info, they are adding Trackman Range to the range... will be exciting, adn a great solution...the range is generally incredibly busy on weekends and evenings...and this will definitely be an upgrade!!

am a bridlewood person, happy to play anytime..just heard a good bit of info, they are adding Trackman Range to the range... will be exciting, adn a great solution...the range is generally incredibly busy on weekends and evenings...and this will definitely be an upgrade!!

Thx, now if they offered semi-decent range balls to hit with trackman, that would help.

The ownership of those three courses, Westridge, Bridlewood and Sky Creek Ranch, makes a fortune just off the PLP program! I have heard that, combined, they have something like 2000+ PLP members at $79 per. That is one of the reasons it is so difficult to get on the range.

The ownership of those three courses, Westridge, Bridlewood and Sky Creek Ranch, makes a fortune just off the PLP program! I have heard that, combined, they have something like 2000+ PLP members at $79 per. That is one of the reasons it is so difficult to get on the range.
Yep. Westridge guy here. I go early or not at all. This applies to golf and range.

Good call about asking. I'll still either play league at my home course or somewhere in the metroplex with my regular group on the weekend. This is primarily to get Monday-Thursday twilight golf in.

I also love the short game area at Texas Star. It's probably one of my favorite all the public courses.

The golf boom has had me changing my practice habits. I'll happily drive for a short game practice area that's not crowded and has a lot of space. I don't hit a ton of range balls. But I have found myself going to the range at the course by my office because they have phenomenal turf and it's still in good shape by 5pm.

A lot of the places with practice memberships are on mats a lot or the turf is torn up by early afternoon.

I got the Bear Creek membership just for the twilight. I played on Tuesday. It took exactly 25 minutes from my house in Flower Mound. They were punching fairways on the East Course, so only the West was open. I got on as as single at 5:10. I made it through 14 holes before 'catching the herd'. I had one twosome let me play through early. I played at a very comfortable pace behind a pretty fast twosome.

It was fantastic. I hit played two balls on several holes. I could work on things around the green after a hole. It's been ages (well pre-covid) since I've been a single on a fairly empty golf course.

Totally worth the monthly membership. I WFH 4 days a week. I can hit twilight at least a couple of times a week for less money than I spend on typical weekend round.

Are there any THPers near the Hulen Mall area of Ft. Worth?

Thx, now if they offered semi-decent range balls to hit with trackman, that would help.
golfers...can never make them happy...get decent ones, then you want pro V's then you want cheap... :p

what do you want next unlimited tee times and no one in front of you?

Yep. Westridge guy here. I go early or not at all. This applies to golf and range.
there is zero doubt they are maximizing the memberships...and they sell them to people every time they have someone book a tee time...I have the full membership, and if you dont book tee times 5+ days in advance on teh app...good luck getting a reasonable tee time unless people cancel..whcih generally cancellations you can get a good time too...but you are going to be 4:30 round time...

there is zero doubt they are maximizing the memberships...and they sell them to people every time they have someone book a tee time...I have the full membership, and if you dont book tee times 5+ days in advance on teh app...good luck getting a reasonable tee time unless people cancel..whcih generally cancellations you can get a good time too...but you are going to be 4:30 round time...
Yep. I do the membership too and take full advantage of the advanced booking.

golfers...can never make them happy...get decent ones, then you want pro V's then you want cheap... :p

what do you want next unlimited tee times and no one in front of you?

Ugh...

and yes I was teasing, realized later might not have come across that way...

I don't know the viability of offering a trackman with balls that are that beaten up. But if people want to pay for it, let them. I use the range to work on swing technique

I would get on the course at Bridlewood in the early evening when it was not crowded with a simple monitor and use real golf balls to get some data

any interest in a mini THP outing this Friday?

@outlawx and I have a 2:20 at Grapevine. Let me know by noon Thursday if you are interested in joining. Would be great to get out with some more THPers. If not, I'll have the other two times back to the course....

Last edited:
I don't know the viability of offering a trackman with balls that are that beaten up. But if people want to pay for it, let them. I use the range to work on swing technique

I would get on the course at Bridlewood in the early evening when it was not crowded with a simple monitor and use real golf balls to get some data
They have some decent balls, added a good number in last year, I woudl say it is 30% are newerish...but I rarely use the range, ahve simulator in the house, and it is always 70 in there, and always Titleist RCT balls, which is a blessing for sure!!

I have not heard plans for additonal range balls or improvements with or because of the Trackman range service, but know of others that have had and use it, and they enjoyed it...

it has limited data sets for range as you woudl expect, here is a video on it...

They have some decent balls, added a good number in last year, I woudl say it is 30% are newerish...but I rarely use the range, ahve simulator in the house, and it is always 70 in there, and always Titleist RCT balls, which is a blessing for sure!!

I have not heard plans for additonal range balls or improvements with or because of the Trackman range service, but know of others that have had and use it, and they enjoyed it...

it has limited data sets for range as you woudl expect, here is a video on it...

We will see how they handle it. My son is working on the range this summer, so I will hear about it.

Are there any THPers near the Hulen Mall area of Ft. Worth?
I'm in Lewisville now, but grew up playing round after round at Pecan Valley and the now departed Z-Boaz...

Hey Dallas area guys. I’m in Prosper this week. Wife babysitting our grandson so I came along to help out and play golf. Looking to play Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe play Bridges.

I got the Bear Creek membership just for the twilight. I played on Tuesday. It took exactly 25 minutes from my house in Flower Mound. They were punching fairways on the East Course, so only the West was open. I got on as as single at 5:10. I made it through 14 holes before 'catching the herd'. I had one twosome let me play through early. I played at a very comfortable pace behind a pretty fast twosome.

It was fantastic. I hit played two balls on several holes. I could work on things around the green after a hole. It's been ages (well pre-covid) since I've been a single on a fairly empty golf course.

Totally worth the monthly membership. I WFH 4 days a week. I can hit twilight at least a couple of times a week for less money than I spend on typical weekend round.
I played Bear Creek several times last year where it was wide open. Sometimes as a single and other times with a group, but never ran into crowds. Didn’t understand it, as the course was in great shape, but I wasn’t complaining! East was always more open than West and I prefer East. I’m also in Flower Mound and agree - it’s a quick commute. I’m retired so I can play weekdays at any time. I often check in the mornings to see what’s open that day. With the senior rate, I’ve never considered their membership. My only issue is with their cart system that won’t let you go more than 10’ off the cart path. I got stuck a couple of times and had to call the clubhouse to get them to unlock my cart.

Hey Dallas area guys. I’m in Prosper this week. Wife babysitting our grandson so I came along to help out and play golf. Looking to play Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe play Bridges.

I hate I couldn’t get out with you this week. I was digging out of work after being at the WWGC last week. Especially since I will be out again tomorrow and Friday.

I hope you’re able to get out. Other than the wind, the weather is great. But you’re from Oklahoma so you’re used to it lol

I hate I couldn’t get out with you this week. I was digging out of work after being at the WWGC last week. Especially since I will be out again tomorrow and Friday.

I hope you’re able to get out. Other than the wind, the weather is great. But you’re from Oklahoma so you’re used to it lol
Played the Bridges today. I’ll be back sometime. I’ll get with you in advance.

What did you think of the course? It’s been on my radar for awhile, but I’ve still not played it.

Spoiler alert - I bet he says 18 sucks!! lol. My goodness that's a difficult finishing hole.

The Golf Ranch in Richardson converted 90% of their bays to Top Tracer bays last year. Before then, it was probably the largest green grass facility in the metroplex besides Leondard LInks in Ft. Worth.

The plus side is you get to see data on all of your shots. The downside is you're hitting off mats outside (which seems like a waste). They also raised their prices a lot - a bucket of balls can run you $30. It felt like they were trying to become an outdoor version of Top Golf. They are pushing the 'bring friends/family, eat, drink and hang out' more than catering to serious practice.

It'll be interesting to see if courses/ranges move on to this model.

I'm admittedly old school. If I'm hitting outside, I prefer to hit off grass. The benefits of this type of technology is great in a fitting or teaching environment.

Spoiler alert - I bet he says 18 sucks!! lol. My goodness that's a difficult finishing hole.
It is gimmicky but it’s really just hybrid hybrid and an 8 or 9 iron. Unless you are like the guys in front of us that were playing practice round for the Byron Nelson qualifier today. There drives on 18 were 296 up to 330.

Back