Detroit Style Pizza

I'm biased obviously, but this is correct.

Absolutely the most underrated, and its my absolute favorite style too.
We have a decent pizza oven on the outdoor kitchen. I think i’m going to order some detroit pizza pans

It’s pizza, so I’m in. But what makes it substantially different than a hand tossed pizza other than shape?

Definitely not my favorite style. But I don’t dislike it.

It’s pizza, so I’m in. But what makes it substantially different than a hand tossed pizza other than shape?
Everything.

Jokes aside, crust/dough is a bit different, more moisture so it becomes airy and the pans used create more crisp on the edges than a typical deep dish.

Everything.

Jokes aside, crust/dough is a bit different, more moisture so it becomes airy and the pans used create more crisp on the edges than a typical deep dish.
And if its good, three stripes of sauce on top

Too much bread for me. Makes me feel like I’m eating a cake not a pizza. Or a pizza flavored cake.

I prefer thin NY style.

Could not agree more. The fact that I grew up with Buddy's and Jets square may make me biased. I also love that I can get decent Detroit style where I live now as it becomes more popular country wide.

Could not agree more. The fact that I grew up with Buddy's and Jets square may make me biased. I also love that I can get decent Detroit style where I live now as it becomes more popular country wide.
We are fortunate to have Detroit style places here as well.
We have one called Bronx House that does both NY Style and Detroit style and does both well.

Detroit style was very common in NE PA. But I'm a NY style preferred guy.

I had it for the first time about 2 months ago and it was a revelation. Can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this for so long.
It’s a lot like finding Campari right? Once you realize what you have been missing, it makes you want it more and more.

I will say, when done well, it is very good and very underrated.

It can also be done very poorly. And when done poorly, is gross.

What is a Detroit style ,,?

Morning @JB and happy new year . It’s 6 30 am . Just read through and saw the adidas “ pics lol , thanks .
I do like the thinner crust , more about the topling not the base 😁

Morning @JB and happy new year . It’s 6 30 am . Just read through and saw the adidas “ pics lol , thanks .
I do like the thinner crust , more about the topling not the base 😁
I have no idea what this means, sorry.

We have a decent pizza oven on the outdoor kitchen. I think i’m going to order some detroit pizza pans
I think that would be killer. To me, its just the right amount of everything.

Though lord knows I won't turn away most pizza hahaha

Haha no. Used Goldbelly.com and sent some to @Mmaynard11 and his better half for helping us out with some things.
…and it was delicious. You are getting an invite when we fire up the next one…
IMG_1636.jpeg

I have no idea what this means, sorry.
Looks like it’s stripes down pizza … sorry too l may be wrong , it’s been a long night of broken sleep lol . ( see new thread lve just started )

Very underrated style of pizza for sure, when done correctly it is delicious.

It’s going to happen. Here is the Halo showing off what can be done.

It’s going to happen. Here is the Halo showing off what can be done.

Is that the pizza oven you have? Spinning stone is a serious selling point.

It’s deeper crust and the toppings go clear to the end of the pizza so you get this burnt cheese edge to it which is amazing. This is from a place locally.

IMG_1412.jpeg

Back