Design your perfect putter...

ryebread

Reaction score
Handicap
Googolplex
I had posted this in another thread, but thought it might be fun. What's your perfect putter? Does it even exist?

It doesn't for me. I'm looking for:
- Larger mallet with high MOI but that has clean lines
- Fits my specs (length, lie, stroke path, head weight)
- Rolls like my Rife
- Has something like the Seemore RST that ensure proper alignment.
- Has some high contrast alignment like a Versa to help with aim.
- Has a grip that I like as much as a corded Ping pistol
- Has weight balanced as nicely as a Boccieri Lite weight series
- Has milling and finish details that I find as attractive as a Bettinardi
- Is made out of something like BeCu (my favorite material) or brass

A simple putter with a dependable shape. As little distractions as possible. A soft feel without being pillowy. Kind of like this

The perfect putter...I'd love it to have traditional blade look, but in a way that you can't even see the shape from a distance, the curves would just melt together, like a stealth plane on a radar. Blip and it's gone. Dark Damascus steel, but milled and buffed so that the Damascus would look only like stealth black / graphite.

Face milled with Bettinardi honeycomb, and bottom milled with something so cool that I can't even imagine. Only some subtle paint fill. Performance and shaft, like my m2w SeeMore.

Probably something like that new SC protype, the Futura 7. Someone should have come up with something like that years ago.

It would be:

1. An Odyssey #9 head shape
metal-x-9-putter-2012-back.jpg

2. With the Odyssey adjustable counter balanced system.
da92b6389ccdde55ab8dd1a1ad9b1063.jpg

3. In the Ping Karsten TR Copper Coating.
Ping-Karsten-TR-10.jpg

4. With a milled Bettinardi Face.
BB53-11.jpg

5. On a 35 inch shaft and wrapped in a saddle leather, counter-balanced, superstoke/odyssey grip.

After switching to a new putter and struggling then switching back to my DLL i think the DLL is it for me

A simple putter with a dependable shape. As little distractions as possible. A soft feel without being pillowy. Kind of like this

blu no alignment line or dot?

DSC01028_zps58c481f4.jpg

i already did design my perfect putter..... all to my SAM fitting specs and what fits my eye the best.

For me, it's a mallet shape with a darker finish. My pro v line has been magic so far. By far the best putter I have ever owned.

My personal design:
One that sinks every putt :banghead:

I suppose this one :alien:

e5e4e5eg.jpg

I've been putting most of my life with a traditional heel shafted putter, most recently either a Odyssey PT 82 or a Odyssey Metal X No.8 but right now I'm back to a plumbers neck (Odyssey Versa No.1) so any of these two types are good for me.

Six4Three5: Nice one. :D

Buckjob: That's awesome. Fill me in on that putter. I'm guessing you have access to a CNC milling machine? Do you have a thread about this one?

Six4Three5: Nice one. :D

Buckjob: That's awesome. Fill me in on that putter. I'm guessing you have access to a CNC milling machine? Do you have a thread about this one?

Are these serious questions ?

Are these serious questions ?

Yes, though I guess I should have read your signature. I'm guessing that is a customized Bettinardi. I should have realized looking at the rear picture.

I actually used to have access to a CNC milling machine. At the time I was into racing cars and machined my own custom parts. It was when I wasn't playing golf, or I'd have absolutely made my own putter. I was kind of hoping you had access to a CNC and had done something custom yourself, or knew of a place that would do completely customized work....

I've looked through the Machine putters multiple times in the past and they're close, but they don't really have any designs that interest me.

Last edited:
Mine would be MXM 330m head shape with the new versa paint scheme from mxm versa. Slap on a 38" shaft from the tank cruiser line. Then put the superstroke midnight black and silver paint scheme on the grip. Oh yeah

Yes, though I guess I should have read your signature. I'm guessing that is a customized Bettinardi. I should have realized looking at the rear picture.

I actually used to have access to a CNC milling machine. At the time I was into racing cars and machined my own custom parts. It was when I wasn't playing golf, or I'd have absolutely made my own putter. I was kind of hoping you had access to a CNC and had done something custom yourself, or knew of a place that would do completely customized work....

I've looked through the Machine putters multiple times in the past and they're close, but they don't really have any designs that interest me.

I thought you were joking it's a complete custom betti I designed it from scratch. Was an amazing and fun process. I have a machine putter I like it I just don't game it much actually thinking about selling it. It's cool cause I have 2 shafts and 2 flanges so you can pretty much turn it into anything you feel like rolling that day and it looks amazing. Just hasn't been seeing any bag time and I don't see that changing anytime unfortunately.

For me, its an Anser style head with a center shaft. Honestly, my Rife Trinidad is the closest thing to perfect Ive ever found. Now if only it were carbon steel and forged...
Im considering ordering a Mizuno MP-A from the UK, which would be exactly that: center-shaft Anser style that is carbon steel and forged.

blu no alignment line or dot?

Nope. Just the RST. The white ball really stands out against the gunmetal if I'm not aligned properly.

It's like they Versa if the Versa was good

Hmmm. I think I have one of these in a box.

Did you hear that? Dan just squealed.

Mine will always be the mFGP2:

DSC_0828_zps92cacc7a.jpg

DSC_0827_zpsd4cce9ac.jpg

DSC_0830_zps3cdd719f.jpg

Back