Describe Your Last Tee Shot with a GIF

This GIF reminds me of science class in 7th grade. We had a terrible first year teacher who basically didn't teach anything and allowed us to spend the time as we wished. Most goofed off of course. We formed a model rocket club. After building some out including some of our own design, we scheduled a demonstration out on the baseball field. It went really well until the finale.

I had brought from home a 3-stage rocket maxed out on the engine power. When it launched half of one fin was left on the pad. The fins were made of balsa wood and I guess it cracked in transport. Anyway, the rocket starts up then bends around 90 degrees so its parallel to the ground when the first stage was spent. The rocket nosed toward the ground in between stages so when the second stage fired it headed straight down, again bending 120 degrees or so and strafing the whole class with students scattering and screaming. With the second stage spent, the rocket nosed down again and the third stage lit. The rocket was now close enough to the ground to zoom nose down into the ground about 20 yards from where my classmates were.

That was our finale.

1592019480717.gif

giphy.gif

Pretty good.

Wait. I didn't know it was Taylor Swift day in here. I change mine.

No drama. 270 up the right side.

The drama was the up and down. Badly pulled shot 2 into the area between the cart barn and a fence. Had 18” to clear a 5’ fence. No OOB stakes nor marked, figured what the hell? It was sitting pretty fluffy too. Opened it up, made the flop of the century for me, and made my first putt of the year from 20ft or more.

Back