Demo Day - THP FL Golf Outing 2010

I hope they toned down the sound a bit.

Ditto...if they ever get the sound under control, I might consider them more seriously.

That is why I am interested in checking out their new offering. I hear through friends that it is quieter. We'll see Saturday.

Your friends are mistaken in my opinion.

So we were doing the cataloging last night and this morning and it turns out we have another surprise for the lefties.. We have a PING K15 Driver for you as well!

I also couldn't wait and went to the range today and hit the ladies Faith hybrids because I am thinking about putting hybrids back in my bag and I have to say they are solid hybrids. I still got better distance from the Nike Machspeeds but I got better ball flight from the PING. I am getting pumped about demoing all the ladies clubs against each other during demo day! I hope the ladies are excited too :smile:

So then how can you say my friends are mistaken?

I must have misread it, I thought you said that according to your friends, the new Nike driver was toned down in sound. And in my opinion, its not.

Ditto...if they ever get the sound under control, I might consider them more seriously.

That is why I am interested in checking out their new offering. I hear through friends that it is quieter. We'll see Saturday.

I hope they toned down the sound a bit.

I've always liked Nike drivers, can't wait to him them

no was speaking of the Cobra drivers

I think I must be reading this wrong, because it appears that everybody is talking about the Nike drivers and the quote you quoted above is someone speaking of the Nike drivers. But like I said, Im sure it was just me. The New Nike line does not appear to be quieter.

I think I must be reading this wrong, because it appears that everybody is talking about the Nike drivers and the quote you quoted above is someone speaking of the Nike drivers. But like I said, Im sure it was just me. The New Nike line does not appear to be quieter.

When I was reading it in real time I knew that WR was talking about cobra, but when I went back to requote things it reads more like the nike. FWIW.

The shafts are tipped and gripped.

1007769664_dzWYR-L.jpg

Wow, look at all those shafts!!! JB, are any of those in flex leaning more towards X-Stiff?

such a nice sight....

now that is one nice picture. Can't wait to try out the Miyazaki's and Project X...along with everything else that is going to be there

Wow, look at all those shafts!!! JB, are any of those in flex leaning more towards X-Stiff?

Not X really, but remember that not all stiffness is created equally. One companies X could be another companies S, so we have our launch monitor set up to find the right shaft for people (assuming we have it)

now that is one nice picture. Can't wait to try out the Miyazaki's and Project X...along with everything else that is going to be there

UST Mamiya Attas and Axivcore

Maaaaaaaan! Im excited and nervous. I've put 4 marks on the top of my driver in the last 2 months. I'm thinking of bringing tape for when I demo....

Thats WONDERFUL!!!!! All tipped for TM? *crosses fingers*

All the shafts are tipped with the TM adapter and will be used at one range area with the launch monitor. We will use a specific head rather than just throw a bunch of shafts out for people to try all over the place. The goal with shaft testing is to fine tune launch conditions.

All the shafts are tipped with the TM adapter and will be used at one range area with the launch monitor. We will use a specific head rather than just throw a bunch of shafts out for people to try all over the place. The goal with shaft testing is to fine tune launch conditions.

and to put an R9 in my bag

Got ya, I completely understand that and I am excited for this!!!!

So then how can you say my friends are mistaken?

WR -- I have never heard of a S1 Cobra? The SZ series was a good Cobra driver but did make a loud ping noise that was a piercing sound. The L4V & L5V were loud. The F-Speed series was seriously loud! Knock you cap slap off your head. The next in line was the S9 series and it was toned down quite a bit from previous models. The new S2 series is much more toned down that previous models in the sound department. The ZL (Zero Limits) which you may have mistaken for the "S1" is the quitest model I have tested to date.

Last edited:
Back