julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
Hey! So guess what?

Women golf too!

Shocker, isn't it? Just thought I'd mention it, since you haven't seemed to notice.

They're elusive...fleeting...you have to look fast or you won't catch them. They're as rare as cars on a freeway, fish in the ocean, or booze in a bar.

I was looking through your publication you mailed me today. If you're wondering, I'm referring to page 1, 2, 2, 3, 8, 10, 11, 14, 22, 25, 27, 28, 30, 33, 56 and 58 where your pro golfers are featured. Also, 62, 63, 64, 65, 67, and 84 where your models are. And the insert, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8.

Wow! That's a lot of pictures! You must spend a lot of money on these glossy 84 page ads. Wouldn't it be just a little smart to include even one woman? Just one? She could be the only one, and cropped in half, and put in the top fourth of a page, like your last ad.

Just a thought.

While I agree their catalogue stinks, they have a VERY large ladies section compared to most golf stores.

They offer a publication for women.

Since when do women golf...can they vote now too?:eyepoke:

I thought that might be the case amollerud. It would make sense since they do so much in stores for women in golf.

It is called Drive for Women and they also offer it on their website.

Yup, my wife receives it in the mail, although not nearly as frequently as I receive the 'male' catalog.

That's awesome that you guys have good Golfsmiths. Ours only has a display rack or two for women's clubs (depending on when you look).

I guess I should look more into catalogs and online shopping, I just like to swing in the store before I buy (and look before driving to the store :wink:)

I guess each store is different, and maybe being in Florida we are a bit more fortunate, but the Golfsmith by us has a wonderful ladies selection both in clubs and apparel. It's a shame that it isn't the same across the country : (

We don't even have a Golfsmith here.

Smallville's got us both beat, GG!

By the way, WWPSD, too funny!

I know things vary from region to region but it's so crazy to me to think you all have no golf stores near you. We must have 10 stores w/in a 15 minute drive of our house. I work in the same shopping center as Golf Locker, I sometimes go and walk around there on my lunch break.

Golf Locker?

Never heard of it. Is it like Foot Locker for golf shoes, or more like Golfsmith/Galaxy?

It's actually an online retailer but they have 1 store, that is also their warehouse and it is open to the public. They just happened to open the one and only store in the same shopping center that I work in. It's a brisk 30 second walk from my office.

Ladies 1 thing to keep in mind Golfsmith has a 90 90 policy on most club purchases. This means that if you by clubs with the 90/90 on it (no additional cost) you can play the gear for 90 days and if you don't like it you can trade it back in and get 90% of what you paid on the trade in. It is better than you can get with most clubs.

From what I remember when I was looking for clubs for my daughter, the Golfsmith (both stores) in Austin do not have very many women's clubs and that is rather ironic when one of those stores is also the headquarters of the company. I don't recall that either Edwin Watts or Golf Galaxy are much better here.

The Izod store at the outlet mall has a good bit of women's golf clothing although it is all Izod.

Wow,
The Edwin Watts near us (both of them) have as much women's apparel as they do mens. As for clubs, Golfsmith has a bigger selection of ladies, but there is just not enough being put out right now.

You know, I was just thinking about how bad it is to being a lefty...I can't IMAGINE what it would be like for a lefty woman!

Does anyone even know if one exists? Talk about not being able to find clubs *shudder*

Our very own Claire from Clare is a lefty woman.

I know things vary from region to region but it's so crazy to me to think you all have no golf stores near you. We must have 10 stores w/in a 15 minute drive of our house. I work in the same shopping center as Golf Locker, I sometimes go and walk around there on my lunch break.

We dont have very many around us either. Im lucky enough to have a Golfsmith by my house now, but I used to have to go to the big chain Sports stores.

You know, I was just thinking about how bad it is to being a lefty...I can't IMAGINE what it would be like for a lefty woman!

Does anyone even know if one exists? Talk about not being able to find clubs *shudder*

Our very own Claire from Clare is a lefty woman.

So's my Mom. I wanted to get her a Niblick for Mothers Day, but they don't even offer one, so I had to build her an easy to hit wedge to help her out.

:wavey: My goal in life is to play senior flex.

I was joking with Claire on another thread about this. My best golf buddy is a lefty and is always complaining about lack of club choices, particularly low-lofted drivers. But it must be hell for Claire and the other 3 or 4 women lefty golfers out there.

Back