RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Is anyone else into playing Darts with friends or competitively?
I got into it over the last year and LOVE it.

I bought a dart board for a friend as a bit of an evil house warming gift to go with the pool table that came with their house and the dart board has rapidly overtaken the pool table as the game of choice because of how approachable it is for people who have never thrown before, and because of how quick the games can be.

I own a set of Harrows ICE darts and have been eyeing up a set of Harrows Black Knights this morning but question if I need two sets of $100 darts :ROFLMAO:

We used to watch darts at work as a laugh during the lunch hour but now I watch for actual entertainment because of how good they are while I cook dinner. I would love to go to a real tournament in Europe for a drunk - costumes and all.

Let's see some pictures of set ups / boards / dart collections.

I bought a old board one time for cheap at Goodwill. Gave it to a buddy to put in his garage/man cave and we played quite a bit. We haven't done it in a while though. We did have a few late nights drinking beer and playing.

I got into darts in a fairly major way many years back.

My dartboard, given to me by my wife as a Christmas present at the time:

Dart_Board-18pct.JPG

My darts rack & darts:

Darts_Rack-18pct.JPG

Both of those are more-or-less buried in a corner of the basement until I get some stuff done. Then I'll have my darts back.

My box o' random darts stuff:

Box_O_Dart_Stuff-18pct.JPG

A funny thing happened to me with darts: I started out being really good for a newbie. Then, it seemed, the harder I tried the worse I got. As you can see from my darts rack: In the best of THP tradition I tried to solve the problem by throwing new hardware at it :ROFLMAO:

Interestingly, it may be some of the things I've learned in pursuing golf that may get me back to a decent darts game.

We used to throw a lot of darts in college I had a board in my dorm room then later in my apartment. That was 30 years ago though. I still have the board sitting in the corner of my office but don't have the space to hang it up. I would love to have room for it again though maybe in a room with a pool table or simulator.

I have seen a Winmau portable dart board stand in a few recent clips from PDC in NYC and it has me intrigued for my own apartment, but for $250 it's a bit rich.

Yep, did darts and stunk as bad at them as I do golf.

I remember one night of trying for like 45 minutes to hit a double 19 to end the agony of a game of 501.

I remember one night of trying for like 45 minutes to hit a double 19 to end the agony of a game of 501.
I always lose on 16s in cricket.

There’s already a decent darts thread somewhere, although hasn’t been posted in a while. Grew up in a pub, so yeah I’m into darts. I’m somewhere in this photo at one of the premier league events LOL
D2B66CFD-E476-4F91-9B5A-673F4C506DEC.jpeg

I was playing with some folks years ago at an electronic dart board in a bar. Playing team cricket for beers. Our opponents were one dart away from winning. I hit trip 20s, double bull, triple bull for a walkoff win.

20+ years ago. I loved playing darts. I still enjoy it but suck now. I still watch it on the ocho when flipping channels.

*ick*
puking-01.gif

I've tried playing on those before. We hates 'em.
I don’t / didn’t prefer them but the bar we were in didn’t offer alternatives .

I used to play a bit back in the day. Leagues, blind draw tourneys, out of town tournaments. I started out with soft-tip and eventually moved on to steel-tips. I haven't played much over the last 15 years or so, but I used to be pretty decent at it. I met my wife playing darts and have a lot of friends to this day that I met from playing.

I have a steel board at home and will throw a few darts at it every once in a while. I'll still hit up a blind draw tournament 2 or 3 times a year.

I was playing with some folks years ago at an electronic dart board in a bar. Playing team cricket for beers. Our opponents were one dart away from winning. I hit trip 20s, double bull, triple bull for a walkoff win.
I've never heard of a triple bull. What kind of board was this?

Here's my setup at home. The darts are 22 gram Harrows Power Points.

20230601_151228.jpg

20230601_151237.jpg

@Dartgod, I really should build a box like that for my dart board. The darts are not kind to that paneling and the paneling, being pretty hard, is not kind to the darts' points.

Looks like that's dense carpeting behind the board?

@Dartgod, I really should build a box like that for my dart board. The darts are not kind to that paneling and the paneling, being pretty hard, is not kind to the darts' points.

Looks like that's dense carpeting behind the board?
Yes it is. There are dartboard surrounds that you can buy online that will protect that wall and your darts that might be easier to implement than building a box.

Don't play darts. But I've always wanted to be the guy that says, "one hundred EIGGGGHHHTTTYYYY!!!!!!"

Yes it is. There are dartboard surrounds that you can buy online that will protect that wall and your darts that might be easier to implement than building a box.

My buddy has one of these. Not the best quality as the logos are not quite printed as is on the pictures but it provides excellent protection for the wall.

We used to play darts in the break room at work. Was great fun. I also used to have a board in the loft as a kid after my parents converted the loft into a sort of play room with a small pool table and dart board.

And over here we have lots of pub teams and leagues, but I'm not good enough myself.

I love darts. I used to play in a Thursday night ADA sanctioned league. The 3 guys on my team were all lefties, so we called ourselves We Ain't Right. Damn, we had a lot of fun! We would go to another bar and sing karaoke after our matches every week. Those were the days... I still have a bunch of trophies in a box somewhere.

I made the birthday splurge and bought a new set of Harrows Black Knight darts and a Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core. For whatever reason, people still say the Blade 5 is better than the Blade 6, so I snapped one up before they were all gone on amazon.

Black Knight on the left and ICE on the right. Lots of fun!
7N9UoU2.jpg

Back