Crowd Source an Epson Player????

I’d be all for it, but you hint at the only reservation I may have. I’m sure there are some in this tour eating ramen noodles and making huge personal sacrifices to take a shot at their dreams. Others would be closer to Stickers daughter, who while still chasing a dream, is doing so with dads connections and bank behind her. I’m all in to support the former, hard pass on the latter. Just my two pennies.
This is something we would take a long look at, because many don’t need the assistance. While I don’t think heading down their personal economic situation is necessary, I do think there are some players that simply don’t need this help.

This is something we would take a long look at, because many don’t need the assistance. While I don’t think heading down their personal economic situation is necessary, I do think there are some players that simply don’t need this help.

100% on the same page (y)

I’d be all for it, but you hint at the only reservation I may have. I’m sure there are some in this tour eating ramen noodles and making huge personal sacrifices to take a shot at their dreams. Others would be closer to Stickers daughter, who while still chasing a dream, is doing so with dads connections and bank behind her. I’m all in to support the former, hard pass on the latter. Just my two pennies.

I have to say I totally agree with this. I’m close to a family with a budding 15 year old daughter who is amazing. The time and effort it takes and the places they go are unreal, as is the cost. They are just your average hard working family. So fast forward to this particular tour, having 4 daughters, and our golfer friend….hell yes I’m in.

For those wondering, we will be diving a bit more into this on this week’s WGP.

I have been - thanks.

As someone who will never go pro it's always fun to hear about it and see if we can help if the time is right.

This is such a good point. Totally agree. Interested to hear this discussion Thurs

Awesome because I'd love to hear more, but I am definitely in

I do. I have spoken to a few and I shared the story albeit briefly about my thoughts about one, that was tied into a service.

I will go more in depth on this on the next show and talk goals, is it viable and see if we have some interest.
I look forward to listening to this one. I know (unrelated but maybe not so unrelated?) that Rhoback sponsors at the lower tier tours a few players of color, via sales of specific clothes. I wonder if this couldn't be some additional means to an end, gives the clothier (maybe a new to market one) some added PR, and gets players needed clothes and/or cash to continue (as well as - not in place of) THP sponsorship.

I look forward to listening to this one. I know (unrelated but maybe not so unrelated?) that Rhoback sponsors at the lower tier tours a few players of color, via sales of specific clothes. I wonder if this couldn't be some additional means to an end, gives the clothier (maybe a new to market one) some added PR, and gets players needed clothes and/or cash to continue (as well as - not in place of) THP sponsorship.

Aww, just admit it. You want more branded THP gear like the rest of us.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D:D

I'd like to know more about what's being considered. And if THP were to take preorders on something like a polo or other THP swag, where proceeds went to support a golfer, or another club was created like the Albatross to support a worthy player I think I'd be in. I mean, I can use a THP polo or other swag and if it benefits someone that's good enough to make the LPGA all the better.

Not sure we will be viewing any sponsorship based on race, but rather an open pool based on merit and need

Not sure we will be viewing any sponsorship based on race, but rather an open pool based on merit and need
Only using that as an example. Nothing more.

You find one that does, I'm in for what I can.

Had a thought about this thread earlier, so I’ll throw it out there:

Does it make sense for the THP collective to put support behind one player or would it make sense to put it behind the entire Epson Tour in some way?
If I’m thinking correctly, the chosen person would (hopefully) participate on the forums and offer some “inside the ropes” perspective. But since this is a community, wouldn’t it make more sense to support the Epson community as a whole, and perhaps have several involved here?

Had a thought about this thread earlier, so I’ll throw it out there:

Does it make sense for the THP collective to put support behind one player or would it make sense to put it behind the entire Epson Tour in some way?
If I’m thinking correctly, the chosen person would (hopefully) participate on the forums and offer some “inside the ropes” perspective. But since this is a community, wouldn’t it make more sense to support the Epson community as a whole, and perhaps have several involved here?
We explained a bit on WGP and will more again this week. No, we will not be sponsoring a tour.

Can’t wait for the results are.

Hope in 2024 we get insight and get to follow along with a tour player trying to make it

Back