Cristiano Ronaldo Signs Record Breaking Contract with Saudi Arabian Football Club

Eye-popping money!!!

Spoiler
images

Cristiano criticized Xavi Hernandez a couple of years ago for playing in the Qatar league.

IMO I don't think he's going to sign, he doesn't need it!

If he's worth that much then why would Messi go to the MLS? surely Messi can command similar money

Good for him

His only loyalty is to the dollar for himself . Yes he was very good , but he’s either bordering on reputational value rather than productive output, or he’s in that zone.

If he's worth that much then why would Messi go to the MLS? surely Messi can command similar money
This teams rival club should throw an insane amount of money at Messi just to mess with them

Looks like this is confirmed at $75M per year. Allegedly also commercial incentives with the club worth up to $200M. Supposedly Sporting KC offered him a similar financial package 🤯

Looks like this is confirmed at $75M per year. Allegedly also commercial incentives with the club worth up to $200M. Supposedly Sporting KC offered him a similar financial package 🤯
It would have been so awesome to have Cristiano in the US!

Everytime I see this, I'm just hit with "well of course he went to the Saudi money". He has absolutely no respect or thought to anything but his own benefit. I equally dislike Messi's affiliation to the Saudi 2030 bid.

Saw that and truly has me intrigued on how close they really were. Either way I'm excited to see ownership continuing to want to spend money after the Pulido deal. With his injury I thought it may have tainted their outlook.

he makes $573K per day.

You can't blame Ronaldo for taking the $$$. I never understood the whole issue with LIV and blood $$$. A lot of Fortune 500 bushiness including the U.S. government does business with Saudi and China. Neither one has a great human rights record.

My guess is he will play for 2 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia and then come to the USA for even more money!

My guess is he will play for 2 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia and then come to the USA for even more money!
I believe there is also a part in the contract that if New Castle makes it to the champions league - he will be going to New Castle to play.

I believe there is also a part in the contract that if New Castle makes it to the champions league - he will be going to New Castle to play.
I think that was debunked, but this whole thing is shrouded in a bit of mystery.

If soccer continues to grow stateside, one would think that teams could spend more with each passing year.

If soccer continues to grow stateside, one would think that teams could spend more with each passing year.
Considering the absurd wage structure that combines a wage cap with unlimited spending for designated players, I'd say someone will try to break the bank on a 40 yo has been.

Which is sad, since US soccer has made huge strides in quality nad the designated players are more and more actual quality players instead of marketing stunts and retirement fund collectors.

Considering the absurd wage structure that combines a wage cap with unlimited spending for designated players, I'd say someone will try to break the bank on a 40 yo has been.

Which is sad, since US soccer has made huge strides in quality nad the designated players are more and more actual quality players instead of marketing stunts and retirement fund collectors.
Agree, but it’s part of a formula that seems to be working as a whole. I might roll my eyes, but I can’t deny I’d love to see Ronaldo suit up in the MLS. Zlatan’s brief run in LA was certainly entertaining!

Agree, but it’s part of a formula that seems to be working as a whole. I might roll my eyes, but I can’t deny I’d love to see Ronaldo suit up in the MLS. Zlatan’s brief run in LA was certainly entertaining!
Yeah, I know. And I get that professional sports works differently there. And that there are a ton of aspects in it I can't wrap my head around.

But definitely Christiina would raise awareness and interest like Beckham and Zlatan did in their times.

Back