Courses to Play in 2012

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
I was thinking about my Bucket List courses and the idea was brought up about courses to that are on our list to play this year.

Here are some notable courses that I am making it a goal to play this year.

Chambers Bay
Bandon Dunes
Tethrow
Running Y Ranch
Coeur d'alene
Fossil Trace
Wolf Creek
Entrada
Grand Cypress

What are the courses on your list to play in 2012?

I like your choices Teeth! If you need company, give me a call!

I like your choices Teeth! If you need company, give me a call!

You know it! In fact I need to add some of those courses up your way that we were talking about.

Brotha, I got your back! I can get you on any course in the state of WA! Let's do it!

I already put in some of my picks in the other thread, but here we go again.
Mission Inn El Campeon
Pine Barrens
Lake Jovita
Belleview Biltmore
GC New Course
Grande Pines
RTJ Trail
OCN

El Dorado Country Club
Grand Cypress (multiple courses)
True Blue
Caledonia

Good start for 2012!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

True Blue
Caledonia
Dormie Club
Tobacco Road

Well, it is formulating in my brain, that I want/need to get out to Oregon this year.
Everyone raves about Bandon, so Pacific, Old McDonald, Bandon Trails, Bandon Dunes.
Then while on that side of the USA, would like to get over and play Tetherow and Pronghorn.
Not sure where they lay, but Crosswater and Pumpkin Ridge would be hard to pass up as well.
Man that would be an awesome trip, eh?
Can it be done in 5 days.
As I understand it, walking only at Bandon, which I prefer, but when trying to get in 36 holes/day on multiple days, Errr, I'm old.
My regular golf partner wants a long weekend in Feb, I think he's thinking Orlando.
I would like to go to Renyolds Plantation.
So many options, so little money and time.

Well, it is formulating in my brain, that I want/need to get out to Oregon this year.
Everyone raves about Bandon, so Pacific, Old McDonald, Bandon Trails, Bandon Dunes.
Then while on that side of the USA, would like to get over and play Tetherow and Pronghorn.
Not sure where they lay, but Crosswater and Pumpkin Ridge would be hard to pass up as well.
Man that would be an awesome trip, eh?
Can it be done in 5 days.
As I understand it, walking only at Bandon, which I prefer, but when trying to get in 36 holes/day on multiple days, Errr, I'm old.
My regular golf partner wants a long weekend in Feb, I think he's thinking Orlando.
I would like to go to Renyolds Plantation.
So many options, so little money and time.

That is a great plan! You can do 36 a day at Bandon, that is what most people do, you will be tired though. Tetherow, Pronghorn, and Crosswater are all within 30 minutes of each other. Pumpkin Ridge is on the west side of Portland. The best way to accomplish this trip would be to play the Bend courses, head over to Bandon and then finish with Pumpkin Ridge on your way back. That would be a killer trip and you would cover most of the great courses in Oregon.

The places that I WILL be playing this year, besides home course. Doral, (Blue, Great White and McLean Signature), Robert Trent Jones Capital Hill, (The Judge), Pinehurst #2, 4 and 8, Tobacco Road, Teeth of the Dog and Orange County National in Orlando. Many more, including those listed on everybody's bucket list, are just hopes and dreams right now.

Last edited:
I'll leave off the courses from THP events, since those are a given. Most of mine are in my area (2-3 hours).

The General - Galena, IL
TPC Deere Run
Blue Top Ridge - somewhere in IA
Spirit Hollow - somewhere in IA

Basically, some challenging, resort-ish courses.

Hey Canuck.
Thats an awesome list.
Ive played Pinehurst 2, 4, 8 are the terrific. I loved 8, and birdied 18 on #2 to shoot 79.
But Tobacco Road is a wild ride and sooooo fun. There are a few holes that have blind shots and thats tough without course knowledge. I loved it tho.
First hole sets the tone. Have fun.

Bulle Rock, Baywood in DE(looking like late March for this one). Need some good tracks from some people around DE, MD, NY

Bulle Rock, Baywood in DE(looking like late March for this one). Need some good tracks from some people around DE, MD, NY

I'm in for bulletin rock. De you need to play deer field n white clay creek

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I agree with White Clay Creek one of my favorites in the state.
Also voted the #1 course in DE is "Back creek GC" it's in middle town but I have never played it to be honest but I will be this coming year.

Also voted the #1 course in DE is "Back creek GC" it's in middle town but I have never played it to be honest but I will be this coming year.

Me either. I need to play it

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I have a few time, sweet track. Used to be owned by the same company that owned Frog Hollow. You used to be able to play both with lunch included for $100. It was a great deal. Check Frog Hollow, it's @ the corner from Back Creek

Where I live and the lack of planned travel won't give me many impressive options, but there are a few Stanley Thompson courses in Southern Ontario I should be able to play. Have played a half dozen of his, but I think I can find a way onto St. Catharines Golf and C.C., plus get a round on Whirlpool in Niagara Falls. Otherwise I think all the courses I play will be local to Ottawa. Jealous of some of the courses others get to play though :)

True Blue, Caledonia, Grand Cypress, Sawgrass, Reynolds plantation, copperhead and Torrey Pines.

Courses I hope to play:

TPC Jasna Polana
Bethpage State Park (multiple)
Firestone CC
Twisted Dunes
Ballyowen
Crystal Springs

These are all easily doable for me and I think quite likely that I'll get all of them. Should be a good year for golf for me.

Bulle Rock's a good course. I don't think the course itself is worth the price, but it's definitely a good course.

Lake Nona
Grand Cypress
Lake Jovita South Course
Copperhead course at Innisbrook
World Woods Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks
TPC Tampa Bay
Cypress Run
Something in Ireland or Scotland on my honeymoon. If Scotland, I'll do anything to play the Old Course

Back