Cost Of The Cheapest Good/Best Course Near You?

collegefbfan

Reaction score
Just curious what is the cost of the cheapest good or best course near you for 18 holes with a cart? One near me is $20-$25 for weekdays and $30 for weekends and holidays. It is about 25 minutes from me.

Cheapest near me with a cart would be around 75. Golf prices have sky rocketed around here!

Last edited:
For a decent track with a cart I think $67 is probably the cheapest

Boulder City GC, and Boulder Creek GC.

For 18 holes, with a cart. $32, and $42 at the two courses 3 minutes from my home. $22, and $32 for 9 holes.

These prices are for locals with a players card. Non locals pay much more.

The two courses are totally different from each other, and just as good, or better than 90% of the other public courses in the area.

In DFW, you can still find some decent city munis for $45 weekday/$60 weekend. Generally you're looking at least $70 for any decent privately owned public course on the weekends...usually $85+

There are some options at a lower price point, but the conditions are pretty poor.

Cheapest good quality course is San Clemente Muni. $46 for 18 and always in good shape with some killer ocean views. Even cheaper with the resident card

Decent track around me is between $50 and 60 on the weekends

Rabun County Golf Course is a short, tight, Depression era 9 hole course built on the side of Owl Mtn. It's bent greens have always been nice. Nice views too. $18 to ride 9 holes.

Prime time (before noon) rates for the two 18s at my club are $82 and $70 right now, but should be dropping to summer rates next month.

The best course around us (~40 minutes away) is currently $59.75, they will go down to $49.75 on June 1st, lasting until October 31st.

Just curious what is the cost of the cheapest good or best course near you for 18 holes with a cart? One near me is $20-$25 for weekdays and $30 for weekends and holidays. It is about 25 minutes from me.
That is ridiculously low. My area the average would be around $65-$70. Where do you live?

Nicer semi-private courses are around $50-$60. There are 2 nice ones that have Hot Deals for like $35-$40 if u can catch them though. Usually do that for weekends.

Most around here 45-50 with cart. Some 9 hole cheaper for 18. Poplar Grove is over $100…… miss being a member there where I could ride for like $24.

Cheapest Good doesn't make sense to me.

However, 18 with a Cart at a decent course here in KC will run you $50-80 on the weekend, and a little less during the week

$60, including cart, on weekends, less during the week.

There's a county run course 30 min away that with the county membership (25 a year), greens and cart I think are at max $40. Atlantis golf course in Tuckerton for any NJ folks.

The course is in good condition, well maintained, and actually pretty tough. There might be only one par 5 that is reachable in 2, and it's a postage stamp green

several pretty good courses around the area I can play for 50$ ish while others have lost their damn mind since covid. Amazes me that courses that were 30$ before covid are now 160 with empty tee sheets

Wild Horse in Gothenburg Nebraska, rated highly nationally and can usually be played with a cart for under $100

Only 4 options around here, the 'cheapest good' with a cart is $50 weekday/$60 weekend.

Paid $35 at the local muni last Sunday at 3pm. Guessing their pre-noon, weekend price is $40-42? I have heard the other two course in the county are $48-50 on weekend mornings. There are always deals but they are getting harder to find. Actually had a bogo coupon last weekend so my wife played for free. The coupon was supposed to be greens fee only, cart should have been extra but the lady ringing us up didn't know how to do that, and the kid helping her said let 'em play...

Pretty much everything here comes out at the same rates.
$60 with a half cart for 18 holes is the norm. Even the 9 hole courses are now priced on par with an 18 hole round, $30 for 9, no matter the course.

The "better" courses are out of town, and if you go 45 minutes away, fees are $20 higher, so in the $80's for a round.

Does friend discount free work? I dont abuse it, but I can get out somewhat at a local muni for free.

That is ridiculously low. My area the average would be around $65-$70. Where do you live?
I live in south central VA. About 20 minutes from the NC state line. An hour from Greensboro, an hour from Lynchburg, about an hour and change from Roanoke. I could name the town/city, but pretty unknown.

$38.00 Senior rate for 18 with cart on a good old course managed by Bloom Golf Management. MS Gulf Coast.

Good Golfing

Shawnee Country Club $51 a month dues and $20 for cart for each 18.

Back