Coolest Shot You’ve Witnessed

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What’s the coolest shot you’ve ever witnessed? I’ve got two that come to mind:
  1. Saw Mickelson hit a backwards shot at the Barclays. He had a terrible lie and spent a few minutes just trying to evaluate his stance and not fall over. He switched directions over the ball and the crowd started to buzz. And then backwards shot! It didn’t quite work out, but he got up and down after the shot.
  2. Got to see my Dad hole out from 180ish on a par 4. He used his 160-220 club... after searching for the ball around the green we finally realized it was in the hole! That was a cool experience with my Dad.

Got to see my Dad hole out from 180ish on a par 4. He used his 160-220 club... after searching for the ball around the green we finally realized it was in the hole! That was a cool experience with my Dad.

That’s an awesome experience for you and your dad!

That’s an awesome experience for you and your dad!
It was an awesome moment! Too bad it was my best man and I against our Dads... My Dad is a >20 handicap and firmly subscribes to quantity = quality on the golf course. He never hits these shots when we’re on the same team! 😆

Just goes to show that old age and treachery always beats youth and skill (his words not mine).

It was mine. It was years ago. It was a walk up and hit it second shot after the tee shot went just past the ladies tees. It corkscrewed (Yes. Corkscrew) through the air because of the 5w I was swinging would cut the outer layer of the ball. It rolled into the hole. It was a par 3. I didn't see it.:D

An old story on an old hole by an old local pro here in town goes, he hit his second shot long over the green, the ball is less than six inches from an out of bounds post, he has no swing on the ball, he pulls his putter hits the ball off the post onto the green which was 10 yards and makes the then putt for a par.

Almost sounds like an urban legend but I can believe it happened because there have been some seriously impossible shots we have seen at times.(y)

I volunteered to work the Doral golf tournament for the united way.I was placed at the 4th hole.
I witnessed 2 holes in one within 30 minutes of each other.Johnson&holmes.
Once in a lifetime type of moment.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m gonna have to say my hole in one.

I saw a guy hole a shot after it hit a tree. It was a total fluke (duh) from a terrible golfer but it hit the tree and ended up in the cup.

Not sure it was the coolest, but my buddy had a HIO that hit off a tree than moved 30’ feet across the green and into the bottom of the cup. 😂

In person, I watched a guy hit a driver backwards and sink it into the previous hole.

A buddy of mine bladed a flop shot about 10 feet off the green. It was a bullet. The ball hit the flag (not flag stick, actual flag flapping in the wind) and got wrapped up and the ball dropped straight into the hole. If it didnt hit the flag it wold have gone 150 yards OB ;)

Ok I need to tee it up with a few of you guys who have seen someone hole out off trees and blade shots through the flag into the hole. Might skip playing with @JR or at least have you cover your eyes when I swing because a backwards shot into the previous hole seems more my speed...

An old story on an old hole by an old local pro here in town goes, he hit his second shot long over the green, the ball is less than six inches from an out of bounds post, he has no swing on the ball, he pulls his putter hits the ball off the post onto the green which was 10 yards and makes the then putt for a par.

I’d believe it!

I’d believe it!

I'd expect something like that from The Most Interesting Man in Golf. :LOL:

Best I've seen was a friend's hole in one. Still waiting for my own, at which point it will dethrone all other great shots in my mind.

My buddy holed an old school 845s Silver Scot 2-iron from ~200 yds out for an albatross one day.

Dad’s first and to date one of only two lifetime eagles.

Let me preface by saying it was a craptastic shot. Medium length par 4 where the green was surrounded by woods. He badly pushed shot number two that ricocheted off of some trees and ended up in the cup. Golf is full of unfriendly bounces, he got repaid for a lifetime of them there.

My best shot was a HIO on a short par 4. Unfortunately the green was raised and only after exhausting all other outcomes did I bother looking in the cup. I didn’t see it go in though so like so many other hopeful shots I assumed it would be in the rough past the green. When I got there I realized there were no trees, and the rough was short. No ball to be found so there was really only one option.

I’m still waiting on one to go in when I can see it. I’ve holed out from 100-150 probably 20 times in my life but never on a par 3. I’ll take the HIO Albatross, but dang would it be nice to see one go in and be jumping for joy from the get go.

About 15 years ago I remember playing with my younger brother and a friend of ours. They both were off looking for their shots and I was short of the green on a upslope. As I chip up to the green I either blade it or smoke it some how, hits a overhanging pine branch and drops straight down onto the green and rolls in. Craziest luckiest shot I’ve seen. Neither of them were there to see it.

In person, I watched a guy hit a driver backwards and sink it into the previous hole.
We have a winner :ROFLMAO:

Coolest shot I ever saw came from my days of caddying at Firestone Country Club. I was carrying a single bag for the guy who started the Grandmas Cookies company. There were four players, and four loopers so it was an extra special group. We came up to the Par 3 #15. He hit a little cutter that took a nice bounce off the front left fringe and started to track towards the hole... The group was speechless, and all the caddies saw how this ball was tracking.. Then one caddie broke the silence and yelled, "disappear!". Poof, it was gone. We all started jumping up and down, going nuts, hugging the player, screaming. It was amazing, and the first hole in one I had ever seen. This guy who started Grandmas cookies and had just sold it for millions was in tears walking up to retrieve the ball from the hole and said it was the greatest moment of his life. It was an amazing day!

A few years back this was my good friend's second shot into a par five hole. That would have been double eagle. Shortest eagle putt in history....cripes, you couldn't have nudged it a fraction of an inch without it falling.

YLHOdl2.jpg

Back